Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

My surgery was August 21st so I am 5 days post-op. I am so hungry I can get all my liquids in but i'm still so hungry I want real food! HELP! Is it normal to be this hungry?

I was hungry too postop, I was able to start soft foods on day 12. Hang in there and good luck!

I have to agree with Holly, hang in there and those soft foods will be the best thing you've ever tasted very soon! I never knew clam chowder could taste so awesome, until I did a week of clear liquids! LOL Like Missy said, Proteins are definitely great at killing huger pains too! I am not sure if you can do shakes yet, but maybe you can mix whey powder into Water or something. In either case, hang in there and I guarantee you it will get better!

Dennis

I do Protein Shakes and it's just not enough. I even tried chicken broth and everything that I had pre-op that would make me full but for some reason i'm starving. I called my doctor and he told me to eat some yogurt and if I had to I could have some pureed food but not to over do it. But now i'm scared to even have pureed food because of me stretching my stomach this early on :(

Now clam cowder doesn't it have chunks, because that's my favorite Soup and I could live on that!!

o and good job on your guys weight lose!!!! makes me know I did the right decision!

Blend the Soup

I know this will sounds weird but what you do you mean?

Blend the Soup in a blender is what the person was suggesting. I hated the liquid diet portion because of the little variety. I found that if I had a few cream Soups or soups I could puree (which was allowed for me), then I felt I was getting a larger variety.

Just stick it out, try and drink 60+ ounces of Water a day if possible, and make sure to get in enough Protein.< /p>

ok that makes sense now. thank you!

Have you tried a Tomato Soup? Any time I restrict to only thin-soft liquids I revert to lots of Tomato Soup, OR the idahoan instant mash potatoes (extra Water to make them not as thick) and gatorade. That usually fills me up!! I know the mash potatoes aren't the healthiest, but if you are just having a small serving to take the edge off the craving, it's not the end of the world.

Cream of wheat- make it really thin and runny, add Splenda and then a little sf maple Syrup to flavor (I cheat and use a little brown sugar, too) fills you up.

weight at start of pre surgery diet - 304/current weight 280/surgery 4/10, Follow up 5/1

Thats wonderful ideas!!! I love Tomato Soup and for some reason never thought about eating it :)

as well as i love cream of wheat and those are both wonderful ideas. i guess in the back of my mind i only thought i could have Water, broth, and popcicles and im sorry but im tired of them. Ive been eating back potatos, kinda like mash potatos but i mush them up as much as i can and add a little sour cream and i only eat about half and im full!

One more question..

When you eat do you get the hiccups. Ever time i eat or even drink sometimes i get the hiccups really bad.

i have also noticed i havent lost any weight since surgery but i havent been using the bathroom much either? i havent gained any either so should i be happy?

Splenda also makes a brown sugar!