Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Anyone Getting Banded In September?

Hey!

My surgery was Sept 26th, lost 30 lbs pre-op and I've lost 21 lbs since, so 51 lbs in total. Ive had two 0.5cc fills, one at 6 weeks and one today; I think I had 3cc's to start. Im not in the green zone yet, but hopefully after fill number 3! I drink a lot of wine and eat a lot of cheese...so I'm a bit behind LOL! Slow and steady ;)

Hi all! It has been a while since I posted. had some issues after my Surgery on Sept 10th. Port flipped had to have a revision and just had my first fill Dec 3rd! So here goes....got questions out the wazoo!!

I cant eat anything that isnt soft like mashed taters or Soup. If I do I always get what I call slimers where I throw up almost a mucus substance then the food will come up. After that I can eat whatever i was eating. Carrots are a big trigger with me and I have to eat a baby carrot in like 4 or 5 sections!! At First I thought I was not chewing well enough or that I was eating too fast. I have been very mindful of that and made a special note to eat even slower and teeny tiny bites (Pencil eraser size). Still, ill get pain where my diaphram is and will end up throwing up after a bite or two. After that I can eat a LOT - like a childs plate of food. I also will get the pain going down my back (and im not sure if anyone else can relate), but it reminds me if you didnt chew a piece of a hard potato chip or something and swallowed a sharp or hard piece..kinda that dragging down your back thing. I dunno, maybe I am weird. Also, I find that if i stand up..I can eat a LITTLE better but sitting..Illstart burping on the first bite...and then on it goes.

has anyone had any thing like this going on? I really thought that it was adjustment after the fill but after a month of this I am going to see the Surgeon in the AM to see what is going on. I just would kind of like to be a little informed if anyone has had this kind of experience before.

I have a large band and he wasnt sure how much he put in during the second surgery, but then he added 2 cc on the 3rd and I thought I was swallowing ok then. Oh ya and my weight has been going up and down in like a 5 lbs range for weeks now, so no major loss. I would expect that I would lose since I am living on basically nothing.

Oh ya and grapes suck now :(

Thoughts, Suggestions, similar experiences?

Hi all! It has been a while since I posted. had some issues after my Surgery on Sept 10th. Port flipped had to have a revision and just had my first fill Dec 3rd! So here goes....got questions out the wazoo!!

I cant eat anything that isnt soft like mashed taters or Soup. If I do I always get what I call slimers where I throw up almost a mucus substance then the food will come up. After that I can eat whatever i was eating. Carrots are a big trigger with me and I have to eat a baby carrot in like 4 or 5 sections!! At First I thought I was not chewing well enough or that I was eating too fast. I have been very mindful of that and made a special note to eat even slower and teeny tiny bites (Pencil eraser size). Still' date=' ill get pain where my diaphram is and will end up throwing up after a bite or two. After that I can eat a LOT - like a childs plate of food. I also will get the pain going down my back (and im not sure if anyone else can relate), but it reminds me if you didnt chew a piece of a hard potato chip or something and swallowed a sharp or hard piece..kinda that dragging down your back thing. I dunno, maybe I am weird. Also, I find that if i stand up..I can eat a LITTLE better but sitting..Illstart burping on the first bite...and then on it goes.

has anyone had any thing like this going on? I really thought that it was adjustment after the fill but after a month of this I am going to see the Surgeon in the AM to see what is going on. I just would kind of like to be a little informed if anyone has had this kind of experience before.

I have a large band and he wasnt sure how much he put in during the second surgery, but then he added 2 cc on the 3rd and I thought I was swallowing ok then. Oh ya and my weight has been going up and down in like a 5 lbs range for weeks now, so no major loss. I would expect that I would lose since I am living on basically nothing.

Oh ya and grapes suck now :(

Thoughts, Suggestions, similar experiences?[/quote']

Surg 9/7/12, went in for frst fill and my port was flipped. I had lost a little weight with alot of willpower. Finally had a frst fill 10 or 11 wks after original surg. I understand everything you are saying. Just last week I had my frst "stuck & vomit". Scared the hell out of me. I started thinking about the same things...chew more, smaller bites, eat slower. Since then the "stuck" has happened several more times. The mucus is produced by your body to help the food that is stuck slide. I've realized that now if chicken is not extremely moist, dark meat or white meat, it doesn't matter how much I chew or how small my bites, or how slow I eat that it is going to get stuck. On the rare occasion I eat bread the inside has to be soft or I get "stuck". I can have toast without a problem. My first stuck was a Filet-o-Fish on a very hard unfresh bun.

I had never heard of a port flip until it happened to me. Mine flipped 180 degrees.

How did you know your port flipped? I Had my surgery done on 9/11 and I have never had a fill but I've lost 30 lbs I can just about eat whatever I want so I'm thinking I might go get a fill this month or February just waiting to see if I can get back on the right path since the holidays are over.

How did you know your port flipped? I Had my surgery done on 9/11 and I have never had a fill but I've lost 30 lbs I can just about eat whatever I want so I'm thinking I might go get a fill this month or February just waiting to see if I can get back on the right path since the holidays are over.

I found out that my port flipped when I went for a fill the end of Sept. Doc was hitting it with the needle and couldnt get it to go in. I think he made about 9 or 10 tried, each time bending the tip of the needle. Under the floroscope, he could see he was on it..but that it wouldnt go in...that is when we found out it was flipped. Mine too went a full 180.

Surg 9/7/12, went in for frst fill and my port was flipped. I had lost a little weight with alot of willpower. Finally had a frst fill 10 or 11 wks after original surg. I understand everything you are saying. Just last week I had my frst "stuck & vomit". Scared the hell out of me. I started thinking about the same things...chew more, smaller bites, eat slower. Since then the "stuck" has happened several more times. The mucus is produced by your body to help the food that is stuck slide. I've realized that now if chicken is not extremely moist, dark meat or white meat, it doesn't matter how much I chew or how small my bites, or how slow I eat that it is going to get stuck. On the rare occasion I eat bread the inside has to be soft or I get "stuck". I can have toast without a problem. My first stuck was a Filet-o-Fish on a very hard unfresh bun.

I had never heard of a port flip until it happened to me. Mine flipped 180 degrees.

Ok went to doc on Friday and he took .5 cc out :( However I can eat now..just maybe too much..has to be a happy medium in there somewhere!

So I was banded in sept and the weight loss has been slow too. i have had the slimy spit ups too. its when something is stuck. Carrots are totally out for me. they are just impossible. Also very disappointing is that strawberries get stuck too. the nurse suggested that it's the seeds that don't go down well. but I think I'm in the green zone now, so I don't have much hunger and that is helping me to make better food choices.

I do find that it's been a slow process to change my way of eating and also adjust my attitude. I am starting to address my comfort eating, and I have lost 7 lbs since the new year. Slow but steady I guess.

The feeling you are getting in your back sounds like its just food getting stuck on the way down. I burp a lot too if I eat too fast. We're doing a lot of learning by trial and error eh?! Take care and good luck!

Maybe a fill would help. If yu can eat anything I think it might be time. I wasn't losing much until I got into my green zone. I think I'm there now cuz my hunger is gone. Good luck!

How's everyone that was banded in Sept doing!?? I was banded Sept 26th I'm down 40 pounds but the last month has been slow and a lil frustrating I wanted to be down at least 50 by now but I know I'm my own worst enemy! My husband and I are very social and on weekends I consume a lot of liquid calories!! I know I just need to cut that out but it so hard lol anyways I have hard 3 fills about one a month since dec I still find I'm hungry after about 2-2.5 hours so I had a fill on Tuesday hopefully that will help me feel full longer!! Either way I'm so glad I had the surgery because if I didn't I would be down 40pounds right now!! Only 60-95 pounds to go depending on my final goal!! How is everyone else doing??

How is everyone doing????

I was banded Sept 26, 2012 so it's been just over 4 months I'm down 40pounds I'm happy with that however I was hoping to be down 50 by now. I'm my own worst enemy though!! I'm pretty good with watching what I eat & Portion Control (no more then 1cup per meal) but its the liquid calories that are getting me!! My husband and I are very social people on weekends, I never drink during the week but come the Friday all bets are off!! Since carbonation is a no no I usually drink vodka and cranberry juice of course much higher in calories them a diet coke and vodka would be. Anyways I know it's something that I need to stop in order to get the weight loss where I want it to be so that'a what I'm working towards cutting back on!!

I have had 3 fills my most recent was on Monday, I find I'm only full in between meals for about 2-2.5 hours so hopefully this fill does the trick!!

So 60-95pounds to go depending on where I stop!! I'm so happy I took this step I had to self pay ($18,000) and travel a long ways for this surgery and only 4mths in I would do it again in a heart beat!! Can't wait to look back a year from now!!

Hi everyone I was banded Sept 13 and I'm down 58 lbs. I agree this has been the best money spent. With this tool and MyFitnessPal I now have passed the half way mark. I have less to lose than I have lost. Being able to loose 1.5 to 2 lbs a week is wonderful. I had moved my clothes into sizes and I'm down to 14 to 16 size. I'm soon going to bring in the 12's and 10's from the garage. There in sealed storage bins. I am also very happy to see we are all losing about the same. Way to go!!! Take care and keep smiling as we lose.

Mimi

Hi September Bandsters! Hope all is going well for you! I got my band Sept. 6. I have lost about 40 lbs so far. It's been slow going but we are going. Learning to take small bites and chew chew chew has been hard for me, I'm still working on it. Hope to see more September people say hello and update as well :-)

Hi September Bandsters! Hope all is going well for you! I got my band Sept. 6. I have lost about 40 lbs so far. It's been slow going but we are going. Learning to take small bites and chew chew chew has been hard for me' date=' I'm still working on it. Hope to see more September people say hello and update as well :-)[/quote']

Hey! I got my band Sept 6th also. I have lost 33.1 lbs so far. I am so happy with my success. I don't feel like its too slow I feel like the weight is coming off just as I wanted it too plus my skin isn't sagging at all it's tightening up. I have 5ccs in my band. I am also still learning to slow down especially if I haven't eaten in a while and I'm really hungry. I hope all is well with all my September Bandsters

Here a pic. The left was taken a few days before my surgery and the right was taken yesterday

post-206047-1381313475776_thumb.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using LapBandTalk

I was banded Sept. 21 and have been at a plateau for almost 2 months now! I know it is because I am eating too fast and therefore too much, so am working on stopping that. I have good restriction at 5 cc, so it is my head that needs tightening up now!

I was banded 9-12 and I have lost 64 pounds. I got a fill yesterday and I am starving right now. Im am still learning to take small bites and chew chew chew. Very hard habit to break.