Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Anyone Getting Banded In September?

I was banded on Sept 6th...best thing I ever did for myself!!!...I'm pain free back to working out and back to work...I've lost 25lbs and back into my favorite pair of Silvers..but I hope not for long lol

Almost sounds like Bravo, hmmm

Hello, everybody I had surgery on wednesday everything went well. My doctor had me to stay over as a precaution the fist night. Gas pain is wrost then the surgery pain. I will update a little late.

I'm no f u c k I n g troll . Grow up I'm trying to prevent people from messing their body up I'm only twenty and I weigh 180 probably 3 times less than all of y'all so why the F U C K are you calling me a troll you old b I T C H. This is my story . So read up and and check yourself .

I am 20 and my grandmother has been on me about my weight since I was 12' date=' I got lap band surgery when I was 17 years old and I weighed 205. I lost about 30 pounds but gained it right back. I have to force my food down, even healthy food ...I want it out but they are trying to charge me another 9000.00 which is what my grandma paid for me to get it . Is that a normal price ? My grandma won't be able to afford it until summer and I'm working my butt off just to get by, I need suggestions, help, anything . Idk what to do I constantly have to run to the restroom to throw up . And it hurts so bad . I was a minor and my grandmother just wanted me to be skinny. Well now I

have a six inch scar across my belly and little laparoscopic incisions too. I hate it . My life is miserable . I just want it OUT!

This was copied and pasted so dont think I'm being friendly .[/quote']

I read it on Life After Lapband removal. It's funny that 3 people showed up there all with their 1post all at the same time.

Your poor grandma, raising a child with a mouth like that.

Plus, get your facts straight about the pros & cons of LBS.

Administrator!!!!!

So it's Friday and I was banded Tuesday early AM. I'm still in a lot of pain (reminds me of my c sections) but the medicine helps so I'm just staying drugged up and letting my family take care of me so I heal. I've been walking around the house a lot and getting out once a day to walk somewhere outside at a store. I'm enjoying the chocolate nectar Protein Shakes with PB2 and a little sugar free caramel Syrup added in, but I found the vanilla one to be disgusting! Crystal Light is my favorite thing to drink right now. I'm still weighing in heavier than I was going into the hospital, i guess from the fluids, anesthesia, gas, etc - but that's ok. I'm feeling really good about making this choice for my health and am so excited to get on with healing and being healthier! Good luck to everyone out there!

Whoa!!...we are all here to support each other...and we all know the risk sometimes it works sometimes it doesn't...BUT we are not her to read profanity..and name calling..sorry it didn't work for you...but calling people a "b***h" dropping the "F" bomb is rude and trashy..and it doesn't matter who is heavier then the other..it's one goal we all have and thats to be healthier then we started

Funny how when I came and said one thing on my comment everyone jumped on me because I was being negative . Get your head out of the clouds . Accept negative and positive comments . I wasn't even trying to make everyone go kill theirselves bc they have Lapband it was simply a warning and then I get called names and I'm supposed to just brush it off ? No way. Not going to happen. My grandmas mouth is worse than mine so no biggie there . And the reason I said anything about weight is because I was called a troll . Y'all are all rude and snobby. And as soon as I say one thing that's different from yalls experience y'all jump on me . Grow up I'm younger than y'all yet I know how to treat people until they rub me the wrong way.

Too bad there's not a surgery for maturity... or self realization.

Funny how when I came and said one thing on my comment everyone jumped on me because I was being negative . Get your head out of the clouds . Accept negative and positive comments . I wasn't even trying to make everyone go kill theirselves bc they have Lapband it was simply a warning and then I get called names and I'm supposed to just brush it off ? No way. Not going to happen. My grandmas mouth is worse than mine so no biggie there . And the reason I said anything about weight is because I was called a troll . Y'all are all rude and snobby. And as soon as I say one thing that's different from yalls experience y'all jump on me . Grow up I'm younger than y'all yet I know how to treat people until they rub me the wrong way.

Sweetie....do you know what they meant when they called you a troll? It sorta sounds like you thought they were calling you ugly or something. I am only responding because this is the first time I have found a hateful post like this. They were calling you a possible troll because there are people in this world, sometimes old men lounging around in their pajamas or someone with way too much time on their hands, who will barge into a chatroom or forum and try to cause trouble and chaos. Using the kind of language you used offends me and the majority of the people who come to this site for support. It is nice that you felt the need to be a cautionary tale to people considering the lap band but there is a separate forum for risks and troubles that can happen. I doubt anyone who gets this surgery does it without doing some sort of research. They can read about it on the other forum. I am sorry if you have troubles with your band. I am a week post op and am having gas issues but am going to tough it out. Maybe you can talk to your doctor about not being able to keep food down? I feel bad that you can't even eat healthy food and that doesn't sound like it is right. Maybe there is something they can do. Regardless, unless the administrator boots you off for your salty language, we are all here to offer advice and support if you feel it will help. Please refrain from the trash talk if you choose to continue to use this sight.

Good luck and I will pray for you.

I just came on here to wish all the Sept bandsters the best. My surgery is scheduled Oct 15 and nothing anyone says is going to change that.

I could have had it sooner, but I am taking my granddaughter to see her favorite band. We had tickets back in May, but she ended up in the hospital.

I would not miss this for the world.

Sweetie....do you know what they meant when they called you a troll? It sorta sounds like you thought they were calling you ugly or something. I am only responding because this is the first time I have found a hateful post like this. They were calling you a possible troll because there are people in this world' date=' sometimes old men lounging around in their pajamas or someone with way too much time on their hands, who will barge into a chatroom or forum and try to cause trouble and chaos. Using the kind of language you used offends me and the majority of the people who come to this site for support. It is nice that you felt the need to be a cautionary tale to people considering the lap band but there is a separate forum for risks and troubles that can happen. I doubt anyone who gets this surgery does it without doing some sort of research. They can read about it on the other forum. I am sorry if you have troubles with your band. I am a week post op and am having gas issues but am going to tough it out. Maybe you can talk to your doctor about not being able to keep food down? I feel bad that you can't even eat healthy food and that doesn't sound like it is right. Maybe there is something they can do. Regardless, unless the administrator boots you off for your salty language, we are all here to offer advice and support if you feel it will help. Please refrain from the trash talk if you choose to continue to use this sight.

Good luck and I will pray for you.[/quote']

If she's 20 she's very aware what a troll is.

J/S

But that wad very nice of you. I hope you have a speedy recovery!

If she's 20 she's very aware what a troll is.

J/S

But that wad very nice of you. I hope you have a speedy recovery!

No, I don't think she does. She put in her post that the only reason she remarked about anyone's weight was because someone called her a troll. That leads me to believe she is a little confused about the word. I am just gonna go ahead and bless her heart=)

Teenagers "troll" the computers all the time. I bet my 8yo grandson knows what a troll is b/c he has been warned about trusting anyone you don't know.

But that being said, I pray God will bless jlg23 too!!!

Prettygirlswag -- I'm drinking Unjury chocolate Classic. I also bought Matrix Cookie Mint (I think that's right). And I'm allowed two Soups a day, so I have Healthy Choice chicken Noodle.

I like the Chocolate Classic. Unjury let's you buy samples, so I tried a couple of flavors before I started.

When I was on the long-term liquid diet, I drank HMR 800 chocolate shakes. I like those also, but my nutritionist set a limit of 5 grams of sugar per shake. The HMR shakes have 19 grams.