Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Anyone Getting Banded In September?

Kathy' date=' so can u drink?[/quote']

Yes I have been SIPPING on lots of Water and crystal light here n there! keeping hydrating is very important

I guess I'm pretty lucky my Dr put me on a protien diet and lots of veggies. I have to have 1 snack a day and I can exchange 1 meal with a protien shake (slimfast). I'm losing weight I started last Friday and have lost 7lbs. I bought compression stockings today, thought it can't hurt since I'm flying in for surgery and then flying back home. I'm also planing my meal for the day I fly in. I'm not sure if they will let me carry it on so I'm going to box it and put it threw as my luggage. Hope your feeling well and thanks for the encouragement.

I am an official bandster! Got banded this morning a little after 7am. Feeling pretty good just a little sore and no gas pain. I even went for a trip to my home away from home...Walmart! I will post my experience on the post lap band sight under experiences.

Good luck to everyone who has yet to be banded and to the rest of you, I am proud to call myself an official bandster!

This is postop day 2 for me. Although I am sore, the surgery hasn't really stopped me from doing anything I would normally do other than carrying my 6mo old daughter in her carrier. However, I am moving a little slower! The postop diet isn't that hard yet because I don't even want to eat. Just getting my liquids in is a bit of a chore.

MJ1996: I have read good things about both bands. I just finally decided to go with the one my dr. has had the most success with. I don't know if I would use an non FDA approved band without doing a lot of research and finding out some true results.

What part of Canada are you in? I lived in Calgary for 10 years before moving to Oklahoma.

I live in Toronto, but will be relocating to Texas.

Hi everyone! I just joined tonight - feeling like I could use a place to talk to people about all this (besides talking constantly to my boyfriend about it when he doesn't necessarily get it).

Anyways' date=' I'm set for lap band surgery on September 11th... looks like I'm not the only one scheduled for that day here! Today was my first day of the pre-op diet which is really just like Atkins, but it sounds like others are on a strictly liquid diet already? I'm only supposed to do liquid only for one day before and then after surgery of course... interesting that everything can be so different with differnt surgeons....[/quote']

Hello,

I get the band on the 24th. The nutritionist told me to do Atkins diet as well. No fruits,

No nuts, no cheese. meat and veggies only and lots of Water. She said to shrink the liver.

Good luck.

So... I stole this idea from the August board.... I love knowing everyone's date!!

Just give a yell if you need added!!

**readyforchange** 9/4

Kathy_a22 9/4

Iv2nurse 9/4

Goalseeker 9/4

Juliemarie777 9/4

YumaCuen 9/6

Kaytlyn Allen 9/6

Kristinsmom 9/6

Joyband 9/6

Five71202 9/7

Kykhinkle 910

Twinskins 9/10

Kasper23 9/10

Hls50 9/11

Goingforit 9/11

Ready for 50 9/12

Banderama 9/14

Jazz70 9/14

Aferreira14 9/17

Tiggergramma 9/21

Corgimom 9/24

Millsy 9/25

RhondaMarie 9/26

Prinxs 9/27

Andwhatrea 9/28

Nacol

Straughn

MGP713

Cindroo

Maddysgram

Prettygirlswag 9/20

I'm on 9/11

Hi Lynn,

There are several of us now on 9/11. Just a couple more days, it's getting close. Did you have to do a pre op diet?

Hey RhondaMarie, I would like to be added also for sept 19th. Getting more nervous about having the surgery every day it gets closer. But I am going through with it and cant wait, day 4 of preop diet. Thanks!!!

Good luck everyone!

I got banded on Sept 4 :-) The first few days after were a bit rough with gas etc but it's been worth it! I've already lost an extra 7 pounds since my surgery date - and it's only 5 days out :-)

Very excited for you all and loving this forum - now I can stop driving my family and boyfriend insane with all my band talk... haha

Thanks for the reply I chose the bypass as there is a scheme I could resort to my old ways my surgeon said that I could put weight back on if im not careful plus I didn't want to have to keep going back to hospital to have the band tightened etc I will see how I get on with it though

Im thinking to go with the bypass is more effective.

A list was done Sept 4 you might find it helpful to update the listing of surgerys on yor listing. Mine is Sept 13 and I can't believe how fast time is going. :-)

I'm new but I'm scheduled for september 21st.... I'm on day 3 of pre op diet and lost 9 lb already! I'm so glad there is a forum .. Its nice having people to talk to that are going through the same thing!