Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Post Op Day 2

YAY!!! I went through with it..I was nervous when I was on the operating room table, I was like this is it..this is real and then I took a couple deep breathes and next thing you know I'm in recovery waking up! I was bit out of it and a bit sore but feeling ok. Took the x-ray (whatever they give you to drink sucks)! Then went back to the room, the nurse was great, they brought me some Jello, tea, leamonade, a sf popsicle and a shake! I had the shake, some Jello and 1/2 the popsicle and that satisfied me. I was felt like i had something on the top of my stomach. I walked with the nurse for about 10 minutes and then off I went home. The wheelchair drive seemed like I was on a rollercoaster and well the car itself felt like that to. So when I got home, I told my mom who is staying this week to take care of me that I felt nauses and was going to take the prescribed anit-nauses medication. I took 1/2 a teaspoon and told her it tasted wierd. Then to her and my husbands suprise I threw up. Pure liquid, I did not stop until all the liquid was out of me, and boy did I feel better. I was able to walk around and then finally went to bed. I was expecting to have a pain in my left shoulder but as of today, I still do not (whew)..I am sore from the incisision and a bit inbetween my left breast. That's where the air is trapped. I finally was able to start burping and excuse my language but farting (alot) last night! I was so excited that I yelled to my husband...VICTORY IS MINE!!!! Haven't been feeling hungry at all, I had some Water and 1 1/2 glass of shakes yesterday, I'm suppose to have 8 glasses of Water and two shakes, I don't know how I am going to do that! But I am trying. So overall, sore but feeling good!!! My post op appt. is August 30th, can't wait till then!

Miriam

Awesome! Wish you lots of luck on your journey!

YAY!!! I went through with it..I was nervous when I was on the operating room table, I was like this is it..this is real and then I took a couple deep breathes and next thing you know I'm in recovery waking up! I was bit out of it and a bit sore but feeling ok. Took the x-ray (whatever they give you to drink sucks)! Then went back to the room, the nurse was great, they brought me some Jello, tea, leamonade, a sf popsicle and a shake! I had the shake, some Jello and 1/2 the popsicle and that satisfied me. I was felt like i had something on the top of my stomach. I walked with the nurse for about 10 minutes and then off I went home. The wheelchair drive seemed like I was on a rollercoaster and well the car itself felt like that to. So when I got home, I told my mom who is staying this week to take care of me that I felt nauses and was going to take the prescribed anit-nauses medication. I took 1/2 a teaspoon and told her it tasted wierd. Then to her and my husbands suprise I threw up. Pure liquid, I did not stop until all the liquid was out of me, and boy did I feel better. I was able to walk around and then finally went to bed. I was expecting to have a pain in my left shoulder but as of today, I still do not (whew)..I am sore from the incisision and a bit inbetween my left breast. That's where the air is trapped. I finally was able to start burping and excuse my language but farting (alot) last night! I was so excited that I yelled to my husband...VICTORY IS MINE!!!! Haven't been feeling hungry at all, I had some Water and 1 1/2 glass of shakes yesterday, I'm suppose to have 8 glasses of Water and two shakes, I don't know how I am going to do that! But I am trying. So overall, sore but feeling good!!! My post op appt. is August 30th, can't wait till then!

Miriam

Sounds like everything is going well. I've not eaten since Thursday but I'll definitely try and get some Protein shake in today. Not very hungry but making sure I get my water in. I did have a little cranberry juice and water this morning and that felt good. Yesterday I felt awful but today I can tell I'm doing much better. Can't wait to be 1 month post op!!

YAY!!! I went through with it..I was nervous when I was on the operating room table' date=' I was like this is it..this is real and then I took a couple deep breathes and next thing you know I'm in recovery waking up! I was bit out of it and a bit sore but feeling ok. Took the x-ray (whatever they give you to drink sucks)! Then went back to the room, the nurse was great, they brought me some Jello, tea, leamonade, a sf popsicle and a shake! I had the shake, some Jello and 1/2 the popsicle and that satisfied me. I was felt like i had something on the top of my stomach. I walked with the nurse for about 10 minutes and then off I went home. The wheelchair drive seemed like I was on a rollercoaster and well the car itself felt like that to. So when I got home, I told my mom who is staying this week to take care of me that I felt nauses and was going to take the prescribed anit-nauses medication. I took 1/2 a teaspoon and told her it tasted wierd. Then to her and my husbands suprise I threw up. Pure liquid, I did not stop until all the liquid was out of me, and boy did I feel better. I was able to walk around and then finally went to bed. I was expecting to have a pain in my left shoulder but as of today, I still do not (whew)..I am sore from the incisision and a bit inbetween my left breast. That's where the air is trapped. I finally was able to start burping and excuse my language but farting (alot) last night! I was so excited that I yelled to my husband...VICTORY IS MINE!!!! Haven't been feeling hungry at all, I had some Water and 1 1/2 glass of shakes yesterday, I'm suppose to have 8 glasses of Water and two shakes, I don't know how I am going to do that! But I am trying. So overall, sore but feeling good!!! My post op appt. is August 30th, can't wait till then!

Miriam[/quote']

That's great. Glad to hear things are going well. Wishing you a speedy recovery :)

Good Luck on your new life journey...trusting that you will do well.

It gets better each passing day/week and you will be able to take in more fluids. Just keep in mind to constantly hydrate yourself. Believe me it is part of the healing process. I practiacally lived on Water and gatorade for 2 weeks. I stopped the gatorade on my 3rd week because I was able to get down other fluids adding Protein powder to it.

Best of luck on your progress and keep us all updated along the way :)