Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I Frustrate Myself!!!

gottobeme
Sign in to follow this  

I feel like I should start a blog but I'm just not sure I'm comfortable with that...so instead I'll share here.

I am so frustrated with myself right now! I have been falling back into old bad habits like snacking when I'm not hungry, hiding my eating, and making bad food choices. I am horrible at keeping a journal. I tell myself it is something I will use when I hit a plateau and when I do, I journal for a day at best. Yes, I've tried several apps on my phone, taking pictures of my food and the basic writing down what I eat but none of them last long.

When I went to adjust my weight tracker tonight I realized I had only lost 1 pound in 4 weeks. I admit it is better than gaining but I need to get back on track. My next PA appointment is September 13th and at this point I do plan to get a fill. I have not had one yet and know that could be part of the problem. I know it is not the entire problem though! I am battling eating past being satisfied and into "I'm stuffed".

Today has probably been the best day for me this week. Hopefully just getting what is in my head out into "cyberspace" will help me get back on track. I also keep looking forward to September 4th, that magical day when school starts and I can hopefully get back into a more predictable routine!

Thanks for reading my rant!

I totally hear you. Before I had good restriction I started into old habits. Thanks goodness I got a fill soon after. I can't help with the journaling only to suggest that maybe you don't eat it UNTIL you journal it. That helped me. Having good restriction makes living the band lifestyle easier. It just does. Can you scoot up your appointment? Good luck and hang in there!

I totally hear you. Before I had good restriction I started into old habits. Thank goodness I got a fill soon after. I can't help with the journaling only to suggest that maybe you don't eat it UNTIL you journal it. That helped me. Having good restriction makes living the band lifestyle easier. It just does. Can you scoot up your appointment? Good luck and hang in there!

I identify with both of you here. im having more sweets and chocolate than i should be. my weight loss is there but minimal....( but Im grateful for every bit of weight loss.)

I dont mind the rate of weight loss but do mind the fact that im still having issues about what im eating.Plus the fact that im not lasting four hours before being hungry again... and thats after having a Protein Breakfast.

I have a fill in two weeks time. that will make me four ccs (3cc plus 1/2 plus 1/2 coming up i hope)

.... im hoping that this fill will make a big difference to the amount i eat as well. I have to say.... ive had more Soups this year.. remember, its winter in Australia... more home made soups... and ive been having more than a bowl at a sitting, thats for sure. Thats definately not a cup full... way more than a cup. More like two good cups full.

I know that im hopeless keeping blogs... im not even consistent with the weight loss site that so many are using on here. Im grateful that i can share on here though.

By the way, i had a drs appointment on friday. this was to my referring dr. I havent seen her in months. I was weighed and she was so excited about my weight loss . In the country areas where i come from lap band surgery isnt seen much... so she was excited to see the results and also to talk with me about it all.

Only problem... i have a bad UTI... blood in urine etc.. (TM information.. lol, sorry)... Ive also been dizzy quite a bit, some days worse than others. It was a bit confusing for me as i have some hypertension, so that was making a clear diagnosis harder. the dr reckons not enough fluids being drunk, that the UTI and not enough Fluid can cause the dizziness and also the infection. So now im on antibiotics. i hate taking them but we have to get this cleared up. Im trying to get as much fluid in as possible as well...

Now im wanting the infection to be cleared up and Im hoping that this next fill will help me to last at least four hours between meals.

I too have slipped into bad habits again, chips, sweets...i keep them to a minimum most of the time, and thats only because I journal everything...but i know im the person that i eat one cupcake and i just have to have another or a handufl of chips put the bag away and go right back and get it out again...i dont need a fill cuz i get full easily, but as soon as that satisfied feeling is gone i snack before im really truly hungry.

For me I just had to reevaluate my goals and when I realized that if i keep up the bad habits ill never reach them..so to help motivate myself i put my goal a little higher than what i had it set before...

we can do this, its just stepping back, realizing what we been doing wrong ( which u have already done) and mentally putting ourselves back where we were right after surgery...we were dead set on making this happen, and we still can!

Its easy for us to get frustrated. I know myself I thought i would be further along then i am now but then i had the whole month of July and half of Aug where i didnt lose much just was up and down on the weight the whole time. I do think this last fill did it for me though. I can eat very little and when i over do it then i end up having to go get rid of it. So I am still learning what i cant and can do. Would think 3 1/2 mos out would have this down pat but I know with each fill i gotta learn more. We can all do this. We are on our way to a healthy US. We just gotta keep the finish line in site and keep pushing forward.

Deb...July and Aug were my up and down months too..maybe its pretty common for it to happen right around the 3rd and 4th month post op? who knows..but all we can do is get to moving and making those good choices..we will break through this rough spot and kick butt!

I too have slipped into bad habits again, chips, sweets...i keep them to a minimum most of the time, and thats only because I journal everything...but i know im the person that i eat one cupcake and i just have to have another or a handufl of chips put the bag away and go right back and get it out again...i dont need a fill cuz i get full easily, but as soon as that satisfied feeling is gone i snack before im really truly hungry.

For me I just had to reevaluate my goals and when I realized that if i keep up the bad habits ill never reach them..so to help motivate myself i put my goal a little higher than what i had it set before...

we can do this, its just stepping back, realizing what we been doing wrong ( which u have already done) and mentally putting ourselves back where we were right after surgery...we were dead set on making this happen, and we still can!

thats right.... good luck with it all.