Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

What Did You Say?

There was a male doctor sitting beside my bed when I woke up and I tried to ask him 'who are you' but I couldn't speak :/ I couldn't get the words out I just kept stuttering 'huh huh huh huh huh' instead of 'who' and then another male doctor came over and grabbed my hand and said 'shh ur ok don't worry' and then I think I fell asleep again, everything was SO blury. But then when I properly woke up I asked 'is it in?'

Sent from my iPhone using LapBandTalk

I was sooo sleepy I don't know if I said it out loud but I was thinking Belle what are you doing here?...my nurse looked like Belle from Beauty and the Beast .

post-206212-13813134271959_thumb.jpg

[ATTACH]24657[/ATTACH]

She said you gotta wake up you have been asleep to long.

post-342761-13813140293798_thumb.png

I dont remember talking other than being dragged out of bed to drink something to look at the fluoroscope thing! Seriously, it was like, "Get up now, drink this, ok you can get dressed now." Put my clothes on and they said your husband is here.

Wow! These are so fun! I woke up pretty clear headed, just like I had a nice long nap. The recovery nurse loved me and said she was sad to see me go. We just had nice normal conversations. Everyone kept saying, "oh, your wide awake!!!"

I don't remember saying anything I just cried! Sobbing really, I had started to calm down a little and the nurse asked me if I had any children and I tried choking out that I had 3 then started sobbing all over again :) I have only had to be put out two other times and I woke up each time in a similar fashion.

Funny story,

I also woke up clear headed and with no pain at all. I didn't say anything but I remember thinking: who changed my robe and shaved me??? and why don't I have any underwear?? It was so embarrasing......

My first question was "Is it in?" I too was worried after all the horror stories of people getting opened up and for various reasons the band not being able to be placed. Shortly there after, when the meds given during surgery wore off all I could ask was "What the f**k did I do to myself??!?" I had a very large hiatal hernia that needed repair, which for me made the upper abd/ chest pain pretty bad! Like Miz I got over it quickly and couldn't be happier!!

"shut up I'm sleeping" lol two nurses were talking about their boyfriends and I just wanted to sleep LOL

Different surgery...same type of response...

I had to have surgery on my wrist a few years ago after smashing it. I remember waking up in recovery to those damn beeping monitors!!! All I wanted to do was go back to sleep and the nurse wouldn't let me! Stupid nurse. Stupid monitors!

After my lap band I was surprised I wasn't in more pain!

I do remember as I was becoming more aware of my surroundings I started to have an mild anxiety attack. I don't really remember what I said to the nurse about it but I do remember her asking me what she could do to help. My response, "I don't know". She opened the curtains and things just got better. Such a small thing but it helped and I will always be grateful.

BTW - Thanks to all the nurses out there for all you do. Remember sometimes it's the smallest thing that patients remember!

I remember soooo much pain. I was crying like a baby, but the first thing i said was... WHAT THE H/LL! I want something for pain. My husband was next to me and told me, i told you not to do this! What a butt, but now he's loving the way I'm looking. Down 28 lbs!!!!

The first thing I said was " I want my mama!" my fiancé, sister and mom where waiting for me I the waiting room and she was so proud that I asked for her because she was sure that I was going to ask for my fiancé lol I felt bad as soon as I said it cuz then I was thinking " should I have got Robert?" my fiancé was glad I asked her back there because she was able to remember All the post op instructions lol

I woke (very groggy) to my hubby saying..."It's in, you did it. How you feel?" I started crying from the pain. Throat...chest...nausious...PAIN!!! " Hurts, what did I do? More pain meds." I was a BIG baby. Now...not so big of a baby. hehehe

They kept telling walk, sip Water and to blow into that 'darn' contraption. You remember the one, for your lungs. God that hurt.

Dont understand how others have no pain afterwards. I remember my doctor telling me before that he has had patients leave surgery and go back to work the next day. "WTH???? How?" I was in pain from the gas for about a week.

The first thing I said was " I want my mama!" my fiancé, sister and mom where waiting for me I the waiting room and she was so proud that I asked for her because she was sure that I was going to ask for my fiancé lol I felt bad as soon as I said it cuz then I was thinking " should I have got Robert?" my fiancé was glad I asked her back there because she was able to remember All the post op instructions lol

I think I cried for my mama too. LOL.

Funny story' date='

I also woke up clear headed and with no pain at all. I didn't say anything but I remember thinking: who changed my robe and shaved me??? and why don't I have any underwear?? It was so embarrasing......[/quote']

Lol pretty much this happened to me

Sent from my iPhone using LapBandTalk

I remember trying to find a clock but didn't have my glasses so I couldn't see. My surgery got started a few hours late due to a back up so my first question was "what time is it?" Then I said "does my mom know I am okay?" I was so worried about her having to drive the 45 minutes back home in the dark I didn't even care how I felt.

Sent from my DROID Pro using LapBandTalk

I asked if it went well, what time it was/how long had I been down, and if someone had told my mom and significant other if I was okay. I really wanted to go back to sleep but I kept forcing myself to stay awake because I knew they wouldnt move me to recovery until I was coherent and I wanted to be with my family so they wouldn't worry.

Sent from my iPad using LapBandTalk