Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

What Did You Say?

I waited a long time for help. I have been trying to get some form of WLS for years, but insurance always got in my way. So I finally got approved by my current insurance. YAH me!

ANYWAY!!!

When I woke up from anesthesia after the surgery... The first thing I said was.. "I'M FREE!" ... and the second thing I said was... "I'M GONNA RUN!"

So.. whats the first thing you remember saying? Was it profound? or depressing.. lol..

Did I make it? Did I do ok? Is the band in? Did you talk to my family? That was the first things I said.

"Can I go home now?"

"oh hell what have I done?"

*laughs*

I woke up in considerable pain, feeling like I'd been hit by a truck, and immediately started to question my decision.

...needless to say, I got over that fast. I love my band :D

I was in severe pain...in my THROAT! (I suffered from GERD prior to surgery and because of the amount of reflux I had, they had to use a larger tube.)

I remember waking up and telling the nurse "I'm so mad at yoooou! You HURT me and my throat is so sore!" My husband and mentor from church were with me and couldn't stop laughing!

"shut up I'm sleeping" lol two nurses were talking about their boyfriends and I just wanted to sleep LOL

hahaha! too funny! Thanks.. that made me laugh out loud!

The very first thing I said was " did my liver shrink enough?did you do it?!"

I heard horrible stories of Dr's going in and closing u back up cuz they couldn't get past the fatty liver.

After 2-3 min I what the he'll did I just do !!?!?!

The very first thing I said was " did my liver shrink enough?did you do it?!"

I heard horrible stories of Dr's going in and closing u back up cuz they couldn't get past the fatty liver.

After 2-3 min I what the he'll did I just do !!?!?!

Haha! I kept asking about my liver too! I dont know why i was so concerned about it! Then the doc said i was demanding pain meds! Lol

i woke and asked did i get the band? i did not want to wake up and have him tell me it was not shrunk enough and couldnt do the surgery. ...but because i did not cheat, it was the right size. second question was did he tell my hub?

I remember the recovery room nurse trying to wake me up and me being soooo groggy. She kept tapping me on my forearm calling my name and telling me to wake up. I recall peeping one eye open and trying to focus on her face (I'm blind without my contacts). The nurse chimed, "Boy, you were riding that high, weren't you?". I told her "yep" and that I was ready to go for another one. Lol. However, my first COHERENT question was, "Do I have my band now?"

I told them I was really tired and loopy so I'd rather not talk right now. I used to work in the recovery room and people would say the most amazing things (like the nurse (who was the patient) that was telling her doctor what an ass he really was). I always try to keep my mouth shut!!

I do remember joking around with the xray techs, and telling the nurses I felt fantastic when they asked how I felt. I was awake pretty fast though, and had no pain.

I don't remember anything until being back up in my room. It's all foggy. I hadn't even thought about it until now.

It was so long ago I don't remember. But what a great topic! I loved reading all your answers. :D