Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Have Come Full Circle!

This is my story!

I have a bmi of 48 , take pills for high blood pressure and for my stomach .

I had my consultation with Dr. Cobourn in Toronto exactly one year ago.

At the time I was aprehensive about the operation and decided I really couldnt afford it.

So I joined a gym in March, hired a personal trainer and am getting stronger but the pounds are coming off at a snails pace. Frustrating to say the least. Have lost only 20 lbs since November.

My doctor referred me for gastric bypass surgery and in May I went for my orientation. What they had to say, and what has to be done to your body scared the heck out of me.

So here I am 1 year later and have decided to go for the lap band. My biggest problem is Portion Control and lap band seems to be the perfect tool for me.

Hope to get the financing in place so I can have the surgery done in November. I want to wait until after my nephews wedding. He is marrying a beautiful Portuguese girl and the food will be plenty. It will be my last blow out so to speak.

Looking for lots of support on this forum and cant wait to be one of the bandsters!

Lynn

oops! I think I posted in the wrong forum...lol

oh well, my success story is that I have been successful in deciding to get the lap band...lol

Lynn

Why wait till the wedding? Then there's the holidays and the New Year? Procrastinating won't get you where you need to be. It's good you realize you need WLS but it sounds like you're not ready to give up the good food? By your own account you've found numerous reasons to procrastinate. There will always be good food everywhere you turn. Don't wait! Having the band doesn't mean you can't eat anymore. It just means you can't eat as much. And isn't that what we all want? jmo

tmf

I agree with tmf, procrastination is not our best friend. But, best wishes on whatever you decide!Karen

Good for you. It really was the best thing I've ever done for myself and my gosh... you are already working so hard at the exercise and stuff, You are set for success!

Best of Luck!

I was banded 4/6/12 two days before Easter Sunday.My family was more freaked out about than I was.But I sat at the table sipping my broth ( also tried a little Tomato basil but it was too rich) and enjoying the jokes laughter,and reminiscing .I had no appetite since i was 2 days post op and I didn't crave anything.if you can get it done now go for it.Don't wait.!! Glad you came full circle don't go back around with procrastination ! Looking forward to seeing you on the banded side ! Good luck to you ! :-)

You guys are right! I shouldnt procrastinate. I have decided to book as soon as I get the financing arranged. I know they are booking into September right now so it may be as soon as October!

Just an FYI. I was banded on 11-28-11. The first 30 days or so your band is wide open before they start giving you fills. I made it through the holidays and still ate what we always had for Xmas and New Years. Only, I ate much less and didn't gain any weight. It was the first time in decades that has happened. So, you probably won't miss any of the great foods at your nephews wedding but you'll be more in control of how much you eat. That's a win-win.

tmf

Just an FYI. I was banded on 11-28-11. The first 30 days or so your band is wide open before they start giving you fills. I made it through the holidays and still ate what we always had for Xmas and New Years. Only, I ate much less and didn't gain any weight. It was the first time in decades that has happened. So, you probably won't miss any of the great foods at your nephews wedding but you'll be more in control of how much you eat. That's a win-win.

tmf

wow, never thought of it that way!

Good luck with your new life journey

Got approved for financing today and booked my surgery date!! It is October 19th!

Will still be able do the 5km with my sister and daughter on Thanksgiving weekend in October!

Canadian Thanksgiving is the weekend of the 8th of October this year.

Lynn

AWESOME !!:-)