Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

2Nd Fill And 5Cc's Later I Feel Strange

I had my 2nd fill today and I instantly got nauseous. After that I drank the required 2 cups of Water before going home. It took a while but I did it. Since then I've been burping like crazy and now I can only handle like 3 sips of Water in a sitting before I start the burping and or sliming. Am I to tight?

Banded 6/25/12

If you can't drink Water without burping... you sound tight. You should be able to drink more than three sips of water.

I figured I was probably too tight but I was trying to wait and see if if would get any better during the day but it hasn't. I am thirsty and I find it irratating that I can't drink. I was hoping to Celebrate finding my greenzone instead it looks like I need to make a trip back to my dr office so that I'm comfortable again.

Banded 6/25/12

Yes it is definitely a problem if you can't drink.

Yes you are tooooo tight. This happend to me a few weeks ago when I was at 5.5 and I waited 2 days to see if the swelling would go down and after sliming and not being able to drink anything I went back to my doctor he took .5 out and I instantly felt better. I was able to drink warter and I cant tell you how good that felt. I was so tight that i could not swollow my slavia and had to pull over in my car on the freeway several times throught out the day to get spit it out ( TMI) I know. Please do yourself a favor and go see your doctor for an unfill, a small unfill can make all the diffrence in the world no amount of weight loss is worth feeling this way. Also as a side note i went and got my 5th fill yesterday he put .4 for at total of 5.4 and I feel great its not to tight at all. So just because you are tight at one number doesnt mean you will be that way forever thats the beauty of the band it works with you if you work with it and I think i am in the green zone YIPPIE.

yep... too tight!

If you can't drink you are definitely too tight. I would go back to your surgeon immediately for a small unfill. Dehydration happens scarily fast and slips result from bands that are too tight, so definitely don't wait around any longer.

When they do the unfill, take a big gulp of Water after, not just a sip. If you're still too tight the Water won't go down correctly and will likely start gurgling back up your throat. If it goes down, then they're taken out enough.

I do the big drink test after every fill. Twice I've had no problems with little sips after a fill, but when taking a big drink had water start gurgling back up my throat and immediately had to have a little Fluid immediately taken back out. But, I do the drink test while the doctor is still in the room, so getting the Fluid removed is no big deal.

Best wishes!

2nd fill at 5.5 wow!!,,, I had 4 fills and at 5cc, slow n easy,,, maybe too fast too soon?