Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Anyone In St. Louis Approaching Surgery Date?

Just banded mid October. In Springfield, Illinois about an hour and a half north of you.

Thanks so much for the support. I will definitely check out dr minkin. I will let you know how the support group goes. 1 more day for me!

Roxa - I was just thinking about you earlier today and wondering how your surgery went. How are you feeling?

Karan - I had my surgery at Des Peres by Dr. Minkin. He is so awesome in my opinion. I would definitely recommend him for when Dr. Follwell leaves. I have not been to the support group there, but I know I should. Let me know what you think of it when you go.

HI Alli

My surgery went well. This is day 7. I am still struggling with the gas pains but everything else is good. My incisions are healing. I think by tonight I will be ready to try sleeping in the bed. I have been in the recliner all week but don't sleep as well. The first 4 days all I did was sleep! I thought it was the pain meds but now I think it was just my body's way of healing. I am tired today though. I did a lot the last two days, compared to what I had been doing, and I am tired today. But all in all - doing pretty good!

How about you?

Karan - How did your surgery go? Hopefully, you're getting lots of rest.

Roxa - So glad you're doing well. It's great that you listened to your body and just slept for the first few days. I'm sure that was very helpful for the healing process. I'm doing good. I had gotten a fill a few weeks ago. It was only .5cc, but over the last few days, I decided that it was just too much. I went in today and he took out .25cc. I feel so much better now.

My surgery was yesterday and it went well. The doc repaired a hiatal hernia while he was there. I think that is accounting for some of my pain. I was released from the hospital around 11 this morning and was able to vote! So far Clear Liquids are going well, no nausea, but lots of gas. I plan on taking it very easy until my check up next Wednesday. I will get my walking in, but not much else. I'm terrified that I'm going to eat (drink) too much so I'm being very careful. I'm on my way! Thanks for your support!

Karan

My surgery was yesterday and it went well. The doc repaired a hiatal hernia while he was there. I think that is accounting for some of my pain. I was released from the hospital around 11 this morning and was able to vote! So far clear liquids are going well, no nausea, but lots of gas. I plan on taking it very easy until my check up next Wednesday. I will get my walking in, but not much else. I'm terrified that I'm going to eat (drink) too much so I'm being very careful. I'm on my way! Thanks for your support!

Karan

Glad to hear your surgery went well. I know I was scared too that i would over eat or drink - still am. I am so tired of liquids though! This is my 4th week. But I just have a few more days and then I will slowly start introducing the mushys - I can't wait.

Hang in there!