Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Anyone In St. Louis Approaching Surgery Date?

I'm good! I got a fill the day before yesterday and I can sure tell a difference. I'm sure I'll loosen up some more as the swelling goes down, but I'm thinking that I might FINALLY be in my green zone.

That is wonderful news Alli! I am really struggling with being hungry right now. This is day 6 of nothing but Protein Shakes, clear liquid broth, SF Jello & SF fruit juice. I have 8 more days to go. I don't understand why my diet is so strict compared to others I have seen on here. I keep telling myself it will be worth it in the long run but.... it is getting harder!

I don't know why it's so different from dr to dr either. In my hospital's department, one surgeon requires 3 weeks of liquid diet, my surgeon only requires 3 days. You could always try some different herbal teas to change up the flavors. I don't know how much that would actually help though. I wish I had some magic solution for you! Just know that this is temporary and it will be worth it in the end.

I sure hope so. I went outside and did some yard work to enjoy this beautiful day. It didn't take long till I was pooped and now my blood sugars are dropping and I have the shakes and feel weak. I'm not sure what to do about that and of course it had to happen on a weekend when the Dr office is closed. I am sitting down sipping a soda. Hopefully this will pass soon.

Hi Alli

I'm actually having my surgery in Festus and they have a support group there the 3rd Thursday of every month but its in the evening. I haven't gone yet - I havent been banded yet - but I am thinking of going next week.

I just started my liquid pre diet on Monday of this week. I am having trouble with the Protein shakes giving me diarreha. Did you have that problem or know of anyone that did? I'm not sure what to do about it so I guess I am going to have to call my Doctor. I know I can't go on like this for two weeks or I will get dehydrated. Other than that I guess its going ok but its only day three! :unsure:

I have been twice now to the group in Festus. Come join us we are just a group of people that talk about our band problems and learn new things from our dietician and sometimes a psychologist.

Thank you for the invitation! I plan on coming next week if all goes well.

I wish I could join you at the support group, but driving to Festus in the evening would take me forever. I wish I could find a decent one closer to me. :(

I will keep my ears open, if I hear about another support group I will let you know

Hey ladies, I'm in STL also! I will be banded on 10/31 anyone else have Dr. VAN WAGNER???

No. I had my surgery done by Dr. Minkin at Des Peres Hospital. Where is yours being done at?

No. I had my surgery done by Dr. Minkin at Des Peres Hospital. Where is yours being done at?

My surgery was done on Halloween at Jefferson Regional Surgery Center

My surgery was done on Halloween at Jefferson Regional Surgery Center

I had Dr Ginsberg and the surgery was at Twin Cities Surgery Center in Festus. There by Home Depot

HI fellow St Louisans!

I have surgery on Monday. Nervous and excited. My doc only requires 3 days of liquid diet, I started one day early, so Thursday. I've lost about 7 lbs. It's tough but worth it. I am drinking mostly Muscle Milk Light. It's pretty good, so far no poops!

My surgery is at Des Peres Hospital, Dr Follwell. He will only be there until the end of this year, so I'll have to go to someone else for my fills. I think there is a Dr Scott in his office, does anyone know?

Des Peres has support groups on the 2nd and 4th Thursday. I plan on checking it out.

Roxa - I was just thinking about you earlier today and wondering how your surgery went. How are you feeling?

Karan - I had my surgery at Des Peres by Dr. Minkin. He is so awesome in my opinion. I would definitely recommend him for when Dr. Follwell leaves. I have not been to the support group there, but I know I should. Let me know what you think of it when you go.

KaranK - :) I'm smiling now, but Dr. Folwell had me do a week of pre-op diet. I've been very happy with Dr. Follwell. He is very caring with his patients and doesn't rush a fill when it isn't needed. I had my surgery Sept. 11th. I'm down 35lbs. I went in Oct. 11th but doc said I was doing great. . . no nausea. . . not hungry between food.

So Dr. Follwell wanted to wait for my first fill. Will most likely be on Nov. 14th, my next appt. I don't know either of the other docs, but others have said Dr. Minikin is good and he's at Des Perres. I'm interested in attending a support group. Let me know when you go, I would lithe to try one.

Good luck with your surgery. It will be over before you know it and you'll be on your way to recovery! Let me know if you have any questions or concerns. :) Take care. :)

Sent from my iPhone using LapBandTalk