Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Little Victories That Make Me Love My Band!

my name is sylvia... and i love my band! lol

i was banded 7-2-12... so about 6 weeks ago :) i'm down 38 pounds (that includes pre-op and post-op)... and here are a few little victories that make me smile and love my band...

1- people that dont know about the band have FINALLY commented about how 'great' i'm looking and how i've lost weight. (i had been a little down lately because i felt like no one noticed!)

2- i'm fitting into clothes that haven't work in YEARS! pants that i love and kept in hopes of one day fitting into them... i can FIT INTO THEM!!!!!!!!!! one in particular that made me happy was a paid of tommy hilfiger trouser jeans that i LOVED. and when my now husband and i started dating about 3 years ago, i wore these pairs like once or twice and he loved them and asked me to wear them more cause he liked how they looked on me. well... they were already a little tight and getting tighter (as i gained more) and were too uncomfortable to wear! SO i always had some excuse as to why i didn't wear them (i wasn't about to tell a guy i just started dating that my pants were too small! LOL and , yes, eventually i told him they were too small! and by the time i was banded, i couldn't even get them UP to my waist... much less close them!) so last night i go and try these and other pair of pants on and they all close!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :D mind you, they are a little tight, but they CLOSE. and in another month or so... they will fit well!! :)

3- i'm learning to eat to live... not live to eat! i still love food and appreciate it... but its not an obssession (usually). i have been able to say no to certain things and to learn to stop when i'm full and be ok with giving part of my food over to my husband because i'm getting full. (i may or may not have growled/scowled at anyone trying to share my precious food in the past) love it!

4- my husband sees me walking around with pants that are now huge on me and calls me 'thin' (who, ME?!) ;)

anyway just wanted to share these because i'm so excited!

what are you're little victories that make you love your band?!

Awesome stuff!!! My victory was crossing my legs comfortably!!! Congrats to u!!!

5/28/12 pre-op diet started (217lbs) 6/14/12 Surgery 1.8cc added to 10cc band (205lbs). 7/17/12 1st fill (194lbs). 7/24/12 (191lbs) 7/30/12 (187lbs) 8/14/12 1cc added total of 3.8cc (187)

Congrats!

May you keep on having continued weight loss success :)

wowow!!

Incredible!

That's awesome!!! My little victory is that my ankles no longer hurt! And also I got my menstrual cycle after not having one for 7 months. ( I always lose my cycle when I gain weight an when it comes back, I know that means I'm on the right track)

I have gotten back on track with excersise and eating low carb. My appetite is way down. Some days I've gone to the gym twice- 45 min. on the treadmill each time. 4 days a week I workout with a trainer doing weights. I can't wait to post in a few days that I have had a perfect week- and might need to brag about a scale victory- there's hopeing lol.

WOOHOO!!

Pennie

8/10

Size 14... then Size 12. Fitting in to athletic wear in Large or even Medium. Seeing friends and acquaintances that I haven't seen in months and enjoying their compliments. I even heard a couple of teen aged boys refer to me as a MILF... that's a new one for sure.

I love my band!!! I can now walk 3 miles at a brisk pace without wanting to cry or die....LOL. My clothes are too big and I love eating my new low-carb lifestyle! Who would have thought!

Sent from my iPhone using LapBandTalk, SW: 225CW: 201 GW: 130

I love this post!!! Sometimes it is the little victories that mean the most!! For example, I went to a wedding on Saturday night and wore heels ALL night thru dancing and walking, etc and my feet didn't kill me (I'm talking for over 12 hrs!!) or the other night when my husband hugged me from behind and told me I was getting sooo skinny he felt like he was gonna crush my ribs. Love these little victories!!!

these are great victories, everyone!! so happy for each of you and CONGRATS! those are the things that make us continue on!!

I have gotten back on track with excersise and eating low carb. My appetite is way down. Some days I've gone to the gym twice- 45 min. on the treadmill each time. 4 days a week I workout with a trainer doing weights. I can't wait to post in a few days that I have had a perfect week- and might need to brag about a scale victory- there's hopeing lol.

let us know!

Oh how I love the little things! My surgery was a little more than a year and a half ago. I've lost considerable weight (down 133#!) and the little things still tickle me! I walked up two flights of stairs the other day with both hands full. I didnt use the banister!! oh.. and last Sat. night, hubby and I went to the movies.... and the seat didn't touch either side of my thighs! How great is that!

Oh please keep posting your little things! Good for you!