Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Who's In Need Of A Mentor?

We are here for you! Ask away. It is an exciting and scary time.

We are here for you! Ask away. It is an exciting and scary time.

Thank you sue! Nice to have this support here seeings I am

Opting to only tell a select few in my life:) I am looking for support and positive reinforcements as opposed to judgement and negativity:)

You will also find yourself becoming more open to talk about it as you progress and lose weight. People notice, they ask. Most don't know how to ask because sometimes they are afraid you might be sick. I laugh at how awkward people are sometimes! I just tell them! I have had nothing but good comments from everyone, especially once my mom got on board. She was the only difficult one!

You will also find yourself becoming more open to talk about it as you progress and lose weight. People notice' date=' they ask. Most don't know how to ask because sometimes they are afraid you might be sick. I laugh at how awkward people are sometimes! I just tell them! I have had nothing but good comments from everyone, especially once my mom got on board. She was the only difficult one![/quote']

I'm nervous to share because... Well I'm sick of being judged. Judged for my weight all my life. My mom is pressuring me to be honest with my sister but i know I will then be judged by her. And I am sick of it. "Taking the easy way out", I don't want her to be resentful thinking its the band that does it as opposed to my effort. I go back and forth... Should I feel guilty?

Family is usually the worst! Don't tell them if you don't want to! When you start losing and feeling more confident, tell them why you didn't tell them. They will probably shut up. You are doing this for your health and future, not theirs. Don't let them get you down. It will be a very exciting time for you.

I'm back, ready to help those in need, so fire away ladies, gentleman, children of all ages! !! The lunitic is back! Best hide the sharp objects, protect the valuables, and calls into they military, cuz the crazy man is on the lose again!!!!

I can use a mentor too! I am in CT and will be banded on 11/8 really excited and nervous and scared.

I'm glad ur back & posting the stuff I have read is great I was banded Sept 28th ,12 but I couldn't take the second week so I had food of subsance , not that much tho cause I drink my musle milks still & have lots of Water through the day , I go for I think my first fill on Nov.7th I hope everything goes ok I am really stressed all of the time so that triggers food cravings & I REALLY am tring to stay away from fast food, tortillas, & bread but it's really hard being tortillas is a staple in my house .

Also I have 2 teenage boys that I have to cook for sometimes I don't eat candy if I want something sweet I eat a luna Protein Bar , I also cut out my vice wich was dr. pepper I would drink a 2 liter by myself then they told me I couldn't have caffine that's the worst cause I can drink my tea without sugar & I'm good so now I went from 273 July 11th to 248 on Oct 3rd but I feel I'm gaining back weight is that normall , oh by the way Congrats to u & ur family that they'll have u around a bit more then u thought lol I heard losing lbs & inches gets us a few more yrs , please keep up ur mentoring sit helps us stay postive, thankyou by Debbie3sons

Well' date=' seems as if my dance card is free again, all of my pupils have found there way back on track, proud of you all! So looking for newbies. Anyone in need of mentor, questions, concerns. .don't hesitate to contact me. Either private message me,post it here,or email me @ slvrnblk77@Gmail.com. Oh, and as far as recipes, think I'm going to just post them in proper forum, will keep those who are interested informed. Good luck to all of the new members, keep a positive attitude, never feel as if you've failed, or are failing. ..we Vets all started out same way, but did it. So will you. That's why I offer my guidance and support. Hope a few of you take advantage of me (ladies)...and want my help too lol. ... offer goes to all. Quick Bio: I was banded in 2006,and I've lost 160 lbs. My name is Steve, aka former fat kid. I'm one of the comics who roams the halls of LBT, if your in a rut,need a good laugh, need encouragement, kick in ass, hit me up.. if you need to borrow 20 don't hit me up :-P. Well...offer us out on table, come get it![/quote']

Hi. I was banded in June. I'm an RN and have watched lots of success and a couple of failures. The fills and diet/exercise is going well. Have u heard any bad outcomes with nicotine gum. I haven't smoked for 12 years but when stressed utilize the gum to help. I really don't want to screw this up. My beriatric nurse under my Dr says its ok if I take Prilosec to keep the acid down. Just wanting another opinion.

Thanks, Wade

Hey Wade,

Being a smoker myself, taking nicotine gum won't effect band, same for prilosec, keep up good work,here anytime i can help just email me at slvrnblk77@AOL.com

Steve

Hey Wade,

Being a smoker myself, taking nicotine gum won't effect band, same for prilosec, keep up good work,here anytime i can help just email me at slvrnblk77@AOL.com

Steve

Hi Steve! I'm new here and starting to feel a little anxious! I get my band next week Nov 9. I've waited so long to get it I'm excited and a bit freaked out at the same time. I've read where almost everyone is on a pre op diet and shooting for a fat free liver! All my dr said was 2 Protein Shakes everyday for 5 days! Should I be doing anything else?

Hi Kathy,

Congratulations on your new chapter,

All Dr's tell you different things,same for nutricianists, if your Dr is advising you to drop more weight before surgery, then follow his advice, if your not on a pre- surgery diet specifically, id personally, go to town,let the fat kid lose for her last hurrah! Happy to pass on advice, knowledge, and the good laugh we all need too. .. slvrnblk77@AOL.com is best way to reach me. Be warned, I'm not a rule follower, I am the freak who did it the unconventional way, if you're one to follow rules, best to seek out a mentor whom will provide you the info you seek. I prefer to tell everyone this first and foremost, so i don't mislead anyone. So again if your one who is not one to follow the "heard" I'm theentor you seek...good luck!