Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Holy #@&*% This Is One Wickedly Hot Pepper!

Whoa....I know your all thinking I'm an Moron for eating it, but I make my own hot sauces, BBQ sauces, dry rubs. ..and always seeking the hot peppers, came across this little demon is up on the index, just below habenero, 150,000 ...still waiting to get mit's on bhut jolokia, hottest pepper known to date.

Chili Pequin????

They grow wild.

Damn,knew I forgot to give name. Called bird's eye chili, Thai hot chili....

Damn,knew I forgot to give name. Called bird's eye chili, Thai hot chili.....never heard of penguin?

Wow. We had fried hot jalopeno pepper chips/ slices at lunch. I only had a couple, first must have been milder, but the second one gave one hell of an after bite. I couldn't drink anything to cool down my mouth. Didn't think of that before I ate them. still they were tasty.

Suz,

These mini demons are mild, compared to what's out there...look up Bangladesh scorpion. ..hottest known to date!

Like I said I grow em to cook with, since banded, hot & spicy kill me. ..trying to keep up with peppers are getting insane, but Bangladesh holds current record

A chili Pequin is native here in Texas. They grow wild and kinda looks like the pepper you posted. Hotter than a jalapeño and Serrano but not as hot as a habenero.

I love spicy food but can't do them since I've been banded either. It feels like a lump of coal in my gut if I eat something to spicy. I can still do most jalapeños though.

Wow, native. & wild must look for that one thanks Jeff, jalas are about my level of tolerance now too. Sucks, bit a habenaro last year, was like a wild animal looking for relief....can't wait for my scorpion seeds.... hottest known to date...off the scoville charts

Found it pequin pepper 15 - 40 scovilles hotter than jala

I live in San Antonio, TX. home of the 4 horseman burger that you may have seen on Man vs food. A half pound burger with jalapeño,serrano, habenero and ghost chili on it.

I e seen 2 people try to eat it. They get about 2 bites in and start puking for the next hour. I work with a guy that ate it. He said he was in pain for 4 days.

I could only imagine he was, I loved hot stuff before band,smallest amount of heat destroys me now, but still cook it, going to order seeds for hottest pepper known Trinidad maruga scorpion, tops out at 2 million scovilles index. People stupid enough to eat them, I'll grow and make my sauces for them.

Don't you need a permit from the nuclear regulatory board to grow something like that. Lol.

Be sure to post a video on YouTube if you can find a fool to eat that pepper.

Nah, not in NY... lmao. ...oh trust me I will :-D