Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Welcome!

hls50
Sign in to follow this  

Welcome fostermomma and Disney Nut to our little September Bandsters group!!! Disney Nut, when is your surgery? So glad to see our group growing..........

Hi Everyone! I hope it's ok that I joined your group. I am scheduled to have my surgery on Sept. 10th. I'm very nervous and anxious to have it done. I wish everyone the best of luck with their up coming surgeries this September and hopefully we will all be ringing in 2013 a few pounds lighter.

Hi everyone! My surgery is Friday the 7th and I am in the home stretch.....Still have cravings even after being on the preop diet for 2 plus weeks. For some reason tonight I was just dying for some french fries with ketchup.....I hardly ever eat fried foods but that is what I wanted. I think it was because one of my girls fried some tortillas and the smell just got to me.

I just keep looking ahead to the big picture and had me some cucumbers instead.

Good luck to everyone and I will see you on the other side!

Woooo Hoooo fostermomma, just a few days to go, you are on the home strech. I think we have quite a few september bandsters that are getting their band this week!!! So exciting everyone!!!

Hi yankee_girl!! Welcome to you to, everyone is welcome....... were all bandster sisters!!!! Oh if there are any gentlemen in the group "bandster brothers"

Hey everyone I am scheduled to be banded on September 24th I am VERY nervous I go Monday the 10th to the nutrition class and start my liquid diet. I am very excited as well I am glad to know others are going through this and at the same time.

Hi Kerri,

It's normal to be nervous, your almost there, just two more weeks. The liquid diet isn't easy, but its only temperary and you can do it. I only have two more days left of pre op diet and have surgery on Tuesday. Glad your part of our September Bandsters. This forum has helped keep me strong during this pre op diet time!!

Keep us posted on how it's going for you.

Well one more day to get through and I go to the hospital Monday morning at 6:00am. I'm getting so nervous. I know I will have a hard time sleeping tonight but forget sleeping tomorrow night. Well I think I have every thing I need for after surgery. I have my Isopure, chicken and beef broth, bottled Water, heating pad, Jello, sugar free ice pops, and plenty of books to read. If anyone knows of anything i am forgetting please let me know.

Hi yankee_girl, I'm so excited for you!!! A couple of more things to get, chapstick and gas-x strips. My girlfreind and many others on this site say they are invalueable.

I know how you are feeling, I am the day after you and this weekend is just going so slow, but tomorrow is your last day on this pre-op diet, yeah!!!!

Are you staying in the hospital overnight or do you get to come home? I have to stay overnight. I'm sure your going to do great, it looks like you have everything ready and under control.

Please keep us updated on how you are doing..........Very Exciting!!!!

Thanks hls50!!!! I got the GasX strips and chap stick. I am able to go home tomorrow as long as I can keep fluids down. I however got lucky and my Dr. did not have me on a pre-op diet. Well off to bed for me if I can sleep at all. Have to be up at 3 am tomorrow to be at the hospital by 6 am. Ughhhh I am so nervous and excited all at once. Well next time I make a post on here I will have my band and on my way to a new healthier me! Yay!!!!

You are so welcome Yankee_Girl!! T&P to you for tomorrow!!! I am the day after you so I will be looking to catch up with you sometime this week and we can swap surgery stories....lol.... NO GAS PAIN!!! That's what I want most!!!

Good Luck hls50... you'll do great. I'm in the hospital in my gown just waiting to get this show on the road.

Hi all, I was so glad to find a group for September Bandsters. I am scheduled for September 20th and am so excited and nervous. For those of you who have already had the surgery, how did you feel about a week after the surgery?

I plan on going back to work at one week. I have a desk job and some flexibility about getting up and walking around. Do you think one week is a resonable expectation? Thanks and hope to read about all of our successes in the future!

Hi Everyone, got banded on September 21st. So this is day 2. Currently I am in a lot of pain (gas pains in the chest and pain in the port area) but I am upbeat that this surgery will work fo rme. Good luck everyone.

Hi everyone! I was banded on September 21st. I feel like crap still :(