Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Pre-Op Diet And I'm So Hungry!

I am on my first day of my 2 week pre op liquid diet. I can honestly say that I needed this thread, my stomach is growling, I'm going to go drink some Water and distract myself. i can tell that most of my "hunger" is mental as well, I got through the work day just fine. @rachel please don't give up, we are in this together. With everything it is one day at a time, if you didn't make it one day just pick up where you left off the next day. Believe in yourself! :rolleyes:

I agree with everyone, do not give up, do not cancel the surgery. It will get better, I have been on the shakes for 7 days now, it's getting better. At work it's much easier for me since I'm on the go since I get there, I also have the cafeteria around the corner of our office so when I walk to the ladies room or break room it's torture so now I walk to the other side of the building to use the restroom and get my ice and Water. I also take with me some Jello for the inbetween shakes and that has helped me. Hang in there, we are all in it for the better!!

HUGS!

Miriam

How much did u lose? My dr days depends on your starting weight

I have lost 15lbs!!

I have already planned to go to the movies as much as possible. Pass the popcorn stand and try to focus on the movie. That is going to be a great distraction for me.

Thanks for all the comments and support, you guys are awesome. Not only did I complete the pre op diet but, I also list 7lbs, in the process. I am in day three post op and it is a challenge understanding the different sensations my body is experiencing but, at least I am gaining an understanding of this whole process. Good luck to everybody!

Congrats Rachael, I hope that you are healing well. You made it!!

Well, I messed up last night. Have already lost eight pounds....I cheated. Had some honey Dijon potato chips and a big chocolate cookie! I feel like crap this morning, physically and emotionally. Darn it!

Thanks for all the comments and support, you guys are awesome. Not only did I complete the pre op diet but, I also list 7lbs, in the process. I am in day three post op and it is a challenge understanding the different sensations my body is experiencing but, at least I am gaining an understanding of this whole process. Good luck to everybody!

Good for you! I promise you it is worth all of the effort!

I am almost done with my 2 wk diet before surgery I am so nervous that I have not lost enough weight and will have to postpone surgery, does anyone know how much weight you are expected to lose?? Please help I am panicking!!!

Calm down, did your doctor say you had lose a certain amount? Not all doc's do.. mine didn't. The pre-op is primarily to shrink your liver, it's also good training for what life will be like post op.

Call the office ask to speak to the nurse, if there is a required weight loss you haven't met.. your nurse may be able to advocate for you. :D

quick grammar/spelling edit