Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Suggestions for med-id bracelet

i was thinking i need a medical alert id Bracelet to ensure that a stomach tube is not put in, resulting in injury.

does anyone have thoughts on this? does anyone on here design this stuff, fashionable i mean?

what should be written on the tag?

I already had a nice sterling silver Bracelet so I purchased a sterling charm from the web site below. I'm very pleased with what I received. Now, if only my bracelet would stop breaking!! (I've had it soldered 2 times in the past 3 months and it just broke again the other day!!) ARGH!!

http://www.hahoriginals.com/

My charm has the following (exactly) engraved on it:

LAP BAND

PATIENT

NO NSAIDS &

NO NG TUBE

W/O ENDO

SCOPE

There are other sites out there that specialize in designer medical ID bracelets but I preferred this one.

Hi Roni. I have a med.id and I got it from www.fiddledeeids.com I bought the child's size which was a lot less $ and I make my own bands.

Mine says my name on front and on back it says.

Gastric Lap-Band

If tubing required

Must use scope

More info in wallet

I carry a med. card in my wallet with all my emergency info and allergies.

The EMT"S wont look in your wallet unless told to.

I hope this helps. Good luck! :) :)

See i asked my doctor if i needed a med id braclet and he looked at me like i was crazy.... Can major damage be done if you intabated?

Kim

See i asked my doctor if i needed a med id braclet and he looked at me like i was crazy.... Can major damage be done if you intabated?

Kim

my discharge instructions included that i should go to the emergency room if i have an emergency, but do not UNDER ANY CIRCUMSTANCES allow a stomach tube to be placed.

maybe your doc looked at you crazy because you had the good idea before he did?

i ordered my Bracelet today. really cute one, with a watch and all. I used "The Beadin' Beagle" it ended up costing 60 bucks, but i used my dh's debit card. i used the suggestions above, and included lap-band, my name, ice contact phone number(DH), lap dr's name/phone, no stomach tube w/o endo, etc.

Sunnykim. Its ok to be intubated it is the placement of an Nasogastric tube(NG tube) that you dont want to have placed down your nose.

Medicalert and other companies make cheapie and expesive, fancy bands in braclets and necklaces. Be careful if you are making your own charm. EMT's look quick and if you don't have the cadeusus (probably spelled wrong) on the tag they will look past it.

My mother is on coumadin and I bought her a new Bracelet for the holidays. I just went to the local jewelrey store at the mall and asked to see the medic-alert bracelets in their special order catalog. There were probably 30 emblems to choose from, as well as a variety of caduceus charms you could add to bracelets you already had. On the emblems, you could get the red caduceus or have it etched on the gold if you preferred to skip the red. The bracelets didn't come in a chain she liked, but you can buy just the emblem and have them add it to any chain. She picked the emblem she liked, and a chain in the store, and they sent it out to have it made. It took about a week and a half and the total cost was around $380.

so, which one did you get? i didnt see that site when i was shopping around. i got the bali and smooth Bracelet with a round sterling silver charm and an oval watch face from the beadin' beagle web site.