Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

If you have had Breast reconstructive or reduction surgery....  

2 members have voted

1. 1. If you have had Breast reconstructive or reduction surgery....

• I lost no sensation in my nipples.
    • I lost minimal sensation in my nipples.
    • I lost all sensation in my nipples.
    • I haven't had reconstructive or reduction but I am thinking about it.

oh my gosh girl - i just saw your pics - you look amazing - you must feel incredible - your weight loss (amount) just hit me when I saw the photos - congrats congrats congrats - wowowwowowo. Thanks for the invite on the other thread re: triathlons but I'm not fit enough yet to even run 3 miles - are you serious about doing an olympic level triathlon - I did do three of those in the past and absolutely loved it. The swimming was hardest (i hate all those people kicking me - lol) running second but I've always been a good biker so that wasn't too bad. You go girl - I'm quite sure you will be able to do it. ARe you training with a group? Anyway, you have really inspired me

oh my gosh girl - i just saw your pics - you look amazing - you must feel incredible - your weight loss (amount) just hit me when I saw the photos - congrats congrats congrats - wowowwowowo. Thanks for the invite on the other thread re: triathlons but I'm not fit enough yet to even run 3 miles - are you serious about doing an olympic level triathlon - I did do three of those in the past and absolutely loved it. The swimming was hardest (i hate all those people kicking me - lol) running second but I've always been a good biker so that wasn't too bad. You go girl - I'm quite sure you will be able to do it. ARe you training with a group? Anyway, you have really inspired me

You're so sweet! It does feel good. In about 4 weeks I'll start training for it (just had a lower body lift 3.5 weeks ago). I'll PM you about the olympic triathlon. I need info!

the only complaint I have is where the scar is on the breast there is no sensation at all....so if it feels like I have an itch, no use in itching it because I can't feel it anyway.

My c-section scar and leg surgery scars I have are the same way.

I may have to get a lift of some type, I got man boobs bad :tired

Any advice? or knowlege about the diffrence between a male "lift" and female lift?

Jodie, age can also be what is affecting your cup size. Birth control can also do that. When I first went on birth control mine went up a full cup size, and have stayed up.

derrick, I'm not sure what is in involved with the men. But I do know on some plastic surgery websites they give overviews of different procedures and what they involves, price range, and pics. Try googling plastic surgery or that particular procedure maybe.

I really want a TT and breast lift when I get to goal weight (40 more pounds), but you ladies are scaring me about the lift. My husband doesn't mind the sagging, maybe I should just give up on the lift. I really don't want to lose sensation (there are only so many pleasures in life).

I agree about the sensation thing. If I cannot be guaranteed that I will not lose one iota of sensation in my nipples, then I'll have it done. But since there is no way to guarantee that, I can't see myself doing it.

I had a breast reduction in 1977 - long time ago - I was only 23 at the time, but really had large, pendulous breasts. Sort of like the cartoon of the little old lady in Playboy magazines (remember her?) I am now 52, and my husband says my "girls" look fantastic - very perky, still. The reduction bought me some extra "perkiness" years. I have gained weight over the years, so I am curious to see how my boobs will "hold up" after losing weight. We'll see. My husband jokingly tells me he'd like to personally thank my plastic surgeon. LOL

Rachel

Looks a little late, but for the guy with man boobs.. I had a friend in high school who was convinced he needed a reduction (I think it was all in his head), but he did have his man boobs done, and it was the same as the female (that I know of). They cut it into 4 sections, removed the nipple, took out fat, and stitched it back together. Since he's a guy and swims with no shirt, I've seen him through the years and you can't tell he's had it (amazingly). On the other hand, a woman I know who did it, she has very obvious scars.

I lost only a small amount of sensation initially- but that has returned to a great extent. I would say about 90%. The majority of the loss of sensation is along the long longitudinal incision under the breasts. My biggest disappointment was that I was not able to nurse my son - the milk ducts were cut. I did have some milk leaking, but certainly not enough to provide enough nourishment. So, I bottle fed - no big deal. I love the way things turned out - my clothing fit better, and when I went out, men didn't look down at my boobs constantly - in fact, I would ask men what color my eyes were - many could not tell me.

Don't be surprised after the surgery if you feel a bit "out of proportion". I did, at first. It took my brain a little while to make the connection and "settle in" to the new look. No regrets - go for it!

Hi All,

I am going to have Lap Band Surgery soon and know I will be needing a breast lift/reduction. I was under the impression the port is placed right under the breast. Is this true and if so doesn't this interfere with a breast reduction?

Thanks

-Jann

I had a reduction 2 years ago. No sensation problems at all. Most of the scaring is minimal the worst being on the sides under the armpits. I do not regret it at all. Just wish I'd done it sooner and that the doctor made them smaller than they are.

I tell everyone .... I went from a 42 "LONG" to a 40 C :)