Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Hi everyone,

My name is Sophie, I'm from Perth, Western Australia, I was banded 25th July.

These forums have been a huge help in the last few days, I look forward to sharing this journey with you all!

Congrats! I was banded on the same day as well and agree with you! I am so excited about the days ahead and this forum is really helping me cope and know that I am not alone in my struggles and gives me a lot of encouragement and great ideas.

Best of luck to you!

I was banded on the 25th, too! I'm finding these boards so informative and supportive! I'm so ready to get through this "healing" stage and get on with the rest of my life. I have my first fill on the 20th of August and am excited about it!

congrats! I was banded on the same day... wow there are alot of us huh...lol I am so excited to keep up with everyone, and share our journey. I dont know about yall , but I am feeling much better and about to start school on monday, i noticed my gas pains which were the worst part of all of this have faded, but in its place is an appetite? I am concerned because although I am on full liquids and maintaining around 700-900 cals. daily that I may end up "eating" too much . Is anyone else having this problem? How are yall feeling?

Hi everyone,

My name is Sophie, I'm from Perth, Western Australia, I was banded 25th July.

These forums have been a huge help in the last few days, I look forward to sharing this journey with you all!

hi Sophie... Im Judy, and i live in TAsmania Australia. i was banded on 23r march 2012. you will get great support and info on this forum... Ive found it invaluable since feb... ive learned such a lot. welcome.

I was just banded 7/31. Going pretty well so far. The only issues are my underwire sits right on the port, I'm gassy & have diarrhea (sorry). Anyone else with these issues?

I was just banded 7/31. Going pretty well so far. The only issues are my underwire sits right on the port, I'm gassy & have diarrhea (sorry). Anyone else with these issues?

...firstly...i would remove the underwire if you can manage without it. The gas, unfortunately, is a part of the post op process. there are meds you can take for that. i personally pick fresh dill from the garden... steep it in hot Water and drink it. that helps me a lot. i still get gas sometimes and im five months out. Im not sure about the diarrhea.... perhaps someone else can help you there?

congrats! I was banded on the same day... wow there are alot of us huh...lol I am so excited to keep up with everyone' date=' and share our journey. I dont know about yall , but I am feeling much better and about to start school on monday, i noticed my gas pains which were the worst part of all of this have faded, but in its place is an appetite? I am concerned because although I am on full liquids and maintaining around 700-900 cals. daily that I may end up "eating" too much . Is anyone else having this problem? How are yall feeling?[/quote']

I was banded on July 20th. My appetite has returned! I keep eating to much...afraid I will stretch my stomach. I go to the dr on the 9th of August for first post op visit. I am really hoping for a fill.

I was banded on July 20th. My appetite has returned! I keep eating to much...afraid I will stretch my stomach. I go to the dr on the 9th of August for first post op visit. I am really hoping for a fill.

I was banded July 18th and feel the exact same way. My first post op appt is on the 9th as well. I am ready to go and see when I will get my first fill. Hope your appointment goes well!

I was banded July 25th as well. Gas pain in my shoulder finally just went away a few days ago. That was awful, but staying positive & so happy to be on this side of the process. (surgery is done!) that being said, I myself have been pretty hungry also. Staying strong and very excited to be be on this bandwagon. This site is great fro support and fellow stories/experiences. Im grateful to have this outlet :) had a good evening everyone.

I was banded July 25th as well. Gas pain in my shoulder finally just went away a few days ago. That was awful' date=' but staying positive & so happy to be on this side of the process. (surgery is done!) that being said, I myself have been pretty hungry also. Staying strong and very excited to be be on this bandwagon. This site is great fro support and fellow stories/experiences. Im grateful to have this outlet :) had a good evening everyone.[/quote']

I was banded the July 25 too! And I am also now experiencing increased hunger... Haven't lost any weight in 4 days from my initial 13 pound weight loss since surgery. Kind of sad, but I know that it will get better. Hopefully!!!

-Melissa M.

Gas pain in shoulder just started tonight. Omg thought I was having a heart attack. Gas x helped thankfully. How long does this last?

I was just banded 7/31. Going pretty well so far. The only issues are my underwire sits right on the port' date=' I'm gassy & have diarrhea (sorry). Anyone else with these issues?[/quote']

I was banded on the 30th and had my first post-op appt today.. Honestly I love this forum!! Information central, because I was beginning to think I was having a heart attack myself!! Lol Now I find out it's gas?! Thanks, on my way to wal-mart for some gas-x!!

I was just banded 7/31. Going pretty well so far. The only issues are my underwire sits right on the port' date=' I'm gassy & have diarrhea (sorry). Anyone else with these issues?[/quote']

I was banded on the 30th and had my first post-op appt today.. Honestly I love this forum!! Information central, because I was beginning to think I was having a heart attack myself!! Lol Now I find out it's gas?! Thanks, on my way to wal-mart for some gas-x!!

Yeah the gas pain in my shoulder just started tonight. Thought I was having a heart attack too! These posts are great & have been incredibly helpful! So far this has been the worst of the pain. I'm only a week out so I think that's pretty damn good. Haven't used the pain meds in a few days but this is horrible, it hurts even to breathe. Hope it goes quick for both of us!

Banded 7/31/12 <br />Pre op weight 344, starting weight 324<br />Goal "No limits!"