Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Started Pre-Op Diet And Feel Crappy

So I started my pre-op diet on Monday. Felt fine all day. Then I woke up Tuesday morning with a horrible headache and have had it ever since. I am so tired and just feel yucky. Has this happened to anyone else? Is it just my body adjusting to no sugar and no carbs? Any advice is greatly appreciated. I am not hungry at all, but just feel bad.

I'm on day 2 and not feeling so well either. I feel bloated and have a headache. I think it's just our

Bodies adjusting. My surgery is August 14th, when is yours?

I am just 1 day before you on the 13th. I am not hungry and have lost 4 pounds already. Its not even hard doing without the carbs. I just wish I could take Advil because Tylenol is just not doing it for me. I will be glad when this feeling goes away.

Were you drinking caffeine before and cut that out of your diet? That will definitely cause a headache and feeling bad. Good luck! The pre-op diet was hard but when I started seeing results in the scale it made it more bearable.

Hang in there!

I have a Protein Shake 2 x day and 4 oz. chicken or fish with veggies for lunch and dinner. I have chicken broth and sf popsicles for Snacks. And I drink 64 oz. Water. Oh and I do have my coffee with truvia in the morning.

Hey guys, my surgery date is Aug.13 also. I'm on day4 of my pre-op diet n I'm feelin hungry at times and at times I've been feeling sick also...I'm tryn 2 hang n there bc I really want 2 have da surgery, but I gotta tell ya it's hard!!!!!

Well my headache is gone after double doses of Tylenol along with some coffee. Hopefully the next 10 days will be a breeze. The last 2 days will be liquids only. Hang in there brinson889 and kimeo99. It gets better.

This is my first post so I'm a little nervous. My surgery is Aug. 7th. I have also been feeling sick and have a headache. I've had zero carbs all week just Protein. I'm nervous about my liver so I've tried to eliminate carbs totally for this last week leading up to surgery.

Guess I'm lucky, my date is the 13th and my diet starts tomorrow. If it helps I've had a headache all week for no real reason.

I used to have headaches all of the time pre-band with no apparent cause. I attribute it to an overload of crap in my system.

As for those of you on the pre-op diet, take it one day at a time and remember why you're doing this. Cheating on the diet is only cheating yourselves.