Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Scared I'm Eating To Much!

I'm 3 weeks post op and scared to death I will eat to much. I'm eating a cup to two cups of mushies at each meal......no Snacks.

always check with your doctor on what you need to be eating but i would think a cup of food would be enough. that is just my opinion. if you (overeat, that maybe why you get chest pain).'

Portion Control is key. just because you can eat 2 or more cups of food at any time, doesnt mean we should.

hang in there. its gonna get better.

Thank u! I feel I eat to fast as well so that maybe it as well! Some habits are hard to break but I'm gonna get there! :) Hard to chew and take ur time with cottage cheese!

I was the same way I thought the band had already slipped them I talked to dietian and she set me straight. Eating real slow is a big thing for me . I was a speedster, now I am always the last to finish and I eat 1\4 of everyone else at the table. I ve evne had a waiteress ask me if there is something wrong with my order because I eat so slow now.

I am a fast eater. I set the timer on my phone for 1 minute and start it every time I swallow. This makes me wait 1 minute between bites. I have been banded for 6 months and I still do this every meal. If I don't i end up eating too fast and get into trouble.

I easily ate 2 cup until I had had a couple of fills.

All part of the process, just make smart choices.

Great advise Thank You! I called my Dr....he said I'm not eating to much per day but maybe to much per sitting. He wants me to half my meals and give an hour in between eating the rest. I have always ate fast.....I'm always finished before everyone.....this is a major change I'm trying to make! I'm actually kinda excited to finally be the last one eating! :)

Learning to eat slowly was tough for me too. I always felt like I chewed the heck out of my food but sometimes would still get stuck. Finally realized I really needed to slow down. I have discovered over the past 2 years that I can really eat anything and not get stuck if I follow the 3 food rules.

Chew, chew, chew

small bites

Slow down

Definately a learning experience and with each fill I would seem to have to learn all over again! I rarely get stuck anymore but when I do it is usually because I am eating too fast.

Best of Luck to you!

Slowing down my eating has really been a challenge. Thankfully after my last fill my esophogus doesn't seem to let me eat quickly. I also find that if I eat slowly I get that 'full' feeling sooner and not after I am already too full. I try to make my 4 oz Protein and 1/4 c veggies last for 15-25 minutes. Some meals are easier than others to be slow with.

Moving from mushies to regular foods may make a difference for you too...

This morning I tried to eat my oatmeal slow and even tried counting 20 chews each time.....i had no pain this time! Woooo hoooo! Its so hard to take your time eating when your life seems to be on a time schedule......i need to get up earlier so I can not rush my Breakfast and bring my lunch so I can use the whole break to eat.

My doc Told me to eat slow n try to eat a Neal over a 20min per this will help ur brain catch up w ur stomach...that it is full....also try to use a small plate or saucer....for me I struggle not to overeat just.BC my plate is not empty...its like my brain is telling me to keep eating BC my my plate is full....also drink Water before eating at least a cup to half of.water.n then wait biut fuve ten mins to start eating...this allows the part under ur band to fill up making it easier to fill full

Sent from my SGH-T989 using LapBandTalk

I spoke to my fill nurse yesterday because i was eatting more than a cup (5 weeks post op). she said to have 1-1.5cups and stop and wait an hour. If your still hungry have another 1-1.5cps. This prevents the chance of stretching your pouch by eatting too much but at the same time scocunts for the fact that we aren't properly resticted and are HUNGRY!!.