Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

August 23rd was the magic day!

I go in tomorrow at 7am !Yikes! I'm SOOOO nervous.. I'm down 12lbs since starting the pre-op so Im happy about that :)

Good luck to our final fab five! I wish you all a quick recovery!

Thank you DeAna for starting and sticking with this thread. It's made the month go by fast.

Hears to health and healing for all of us! Looking forward to sharing the journey with you all. :)

Next Thursday Sept 6 will be a month since band day. How times fly. Everyday is a new day and I look forward with joy that I made the right choice because of the way I feel and look already. On Sept 18 will be only 3 complete months since I started getting ready for my surgery and now in the Stage of mushy/puree food. So far, 50 pounds lighter.

Now if I could only enjoy exercising each day, I would be lighter. But it's all our decisions to decide what and how we do in our daily lives.

Best wishes to all banders, especially in August. Congratulations!

Be positive and Keep the faith.

Okay August bandsters -- don't forget to say "Rabbit, rabbit" first thing tomorrow morning for a good month! :D

My thoughts are with today's group of bandsters. Let us know how you are doing.

DeAna, you have done a great job rounding us all up and keeping this thread going all month. thank you!

I made it to the other side. Thanks for all the well wishes. Good luck to all our August banders! I found out I was down 20 pounds just from the Pre-op diet. What a great start!!!

Awesome! A speedy recovery to all the August 2012 Bandsters! We made it ya'll!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Well the last of our group is going in for surgery today. I thank you so much for participating I never expected this many people would reach out. My goal was for everyone to see someone going in at the same time and to make connections and I am so pleased. Thank you for all the encouragement and I hope that I encouraged someone else. I love you guys :wub: I feel like we are all on the same team this journey is so much nicer with teammates :) .... Good luck everyone

23AUG-Missymobaby, tflemon67, LissaH, lisastill, JasonCanDoit!, starvinmanda :D Congrats

24AUG-Michele1975, EverythingToGain, LiveStrong41, krazykristy1998, yeya, Khpiglet, andrealeigh2116, tiny62 :D Congrats

27AUG-binab, mrslogan0612, BeeBlueheron, dwilliams, Kdubb :D Congrats

28AUG-slojo67, 67jax, pjenkins1970, wheldonmommy :D Congrats

29AUG- joann852, MusicTeacher, angelle :D Congrats

30AUG-yourshoesareuntied, trishkaczsassycass830, harleymelm, choosesuccess, whitedobe :D Congrats

31AUG-MissE44, Nanu, dean7115, kimmers2012, Livestrong41

Congrats to everyone

Well the last of our group is going in for surgery today. I thank you so much for participating I never expected this many people would reach out. My goal was for everyone to see someone going in at the same time and to make connections and I am so pleased. Thank you for all the encouragement and I hope that I encouraged someone else. I love you guys :wub: I feel like we are all on the same team this journey is so much nicer with teammates :) .... Good luck everyone

23AUG-Missymobaby, tflemon67, LissaH, lisastill, JasonCanDoit!, starvinmanda :D Congrats

24AUG-Michele1975, EverythingToGain, LiveStrong41, krazykristy1998, yeya, Khpiglet, andrealeigh2116, tiny62 :D Congrats

30AUG-yourshoesareuntied, trishkaczsassycass830, harleymelm, choosesuccess, whitedobe :D Congrats

Congrats to everyone

Thanks DeAnaN you did an AWESOME job with these! By the end of today, we'll all be on the other side of the journey. Wishing everyone a speedy recovery and great success!

Congrats to everyone

Just changed my calendar at work and I can't believe it has been a month already! :o

Good luck everyone on your new journey, I can't wait to hear all the updates!

Alright you new Bandsters it's time for accountability LisaHolland73 post a challenge every month(it's under the general lap band forum) a I am posting a copy of her post it explains everything it's just a little accountability chart(no pressure :D ) any takers just copy the questions and post them under her post it's under "September Autumn Challenge" She will put everything on a spread sheet and post it so make sure to follow the forum Good luck

Welcome to the monthly challenge. September is here and time to start working on Autumn/Fall activities. The Autumn Challenge is a fun way to keep track of your monthly weight loss while gaining and giving support to other bandsters.

Copy and post the template below and fill in the information that you are comfortable sharing on Saturday September 1st the come back every Saturday on the 8th, 15th, 22nd, and 29th and post your updated weight. I will keep track of the weights to get a table listing everyone's results on the following weekend.

Good luck to everyone and remember this isn't a contest it's a challenge and you are a winner no matter how much you lose.

The first three items are required all others are recommended, but the last one is the most fun. If you are new to our monthly challenger please leave a short introduction.

Name, real or screen~

Goal weight for September 29th~

Weight on September 1st~

Age~

Dietary goal for September~

Exercise goal for September~

Personal goal for September~

Date banded~

Total weight loss since banding/pre op diet~

What is your favorite Fall Activity?

here is a copy of my post for the challenge just to give you an example in case I lost someone:

Name, real or screen~DeAnaN

Goal weight for September 29th~207

Weight on September 1st~215

Age~41

Dietary goal for September~get at least 75g of protien and 64 oz of water

Exercise goal for September~working out 30min 3times a week

Personal goal for September~Fall cleaning before it gets cold

Date banded~15AUG2012

Total weight loss since banding/pre op diet~15lb

What is your favorite Fall Activity?~FOOTBALL, fall carnival, International festival

Well August we all made it to the losers bench, it was a long list but we did it. I look forward to hearing all the amazing weight lost.