Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

everything togain, and spark: Neither one of you can sleep can you? I'd be the same way. My surgery is aug 28th (tuesday) I'll be the same way i know... You'll be alright...

everything togain, and spark: Neither one of you can sleep can you? I'd be the same way. My surgery is aug 28th (tuesday) I'll be the same way i know... You'll be alright...

Thanks slojo67! Can't sleep at all but I'm taking this time to go over some surgery and post-op stories to help me prepare for later this morning. Just wish time would go a little faster :rolleyes:

good idea, whenever i need some encouragement i get on Youtube and look at lapband before and after videos. There's some really inspiring videos (with music and all),on there. Very inspirational for me...

Good luck to all of my August 24th banders today..... I am sure none of us got sleep. That's what the joy juice will be for. Lol

Hopefully the not sleeping means all I'll do today is sleep. Think good thoughts for me please (and everyone else getting done today)

I had surgery on 8/22 and ended up having a hiatal hernia fixed as well. It seems I am the opposite of most people I only feel comfortable laying down. Sitting up causes a pulling feeling that gives me excruciating pain. I am 100% comfortable laying down. I'm not hungry at all so I have to make myself drink and eat. I am on oxycodone because I'm allergic to hydrocodone. I am super gassy but the Gas X is helping with that. I am using Boost lite for my Protein Shakes and they taste pretty good. I am on full liquids until tomorrow and puréed food for two weeks from there. I think I'll be fine as long as I keep on schedule. I got 4 weeks of paid leave so I am taking it all to ensure when I'm back at work that I'm in a routine and ready to face food in the real world. I am scheduled for my fill on 8/26 but can get it on 8/19 if I am feeling hungry

Hello all you August Banders. I just wanted to give a quick update to my status. I am right at 9 days post op and I feel great. My incisions are healing nicely and my port side has no pain. I am still struggeling with gas and bloating by the end of everyday. I have started to take the Gas-X in the morning prior to leaving for work. I have already lost roughly 11 - 13 lbs. My scale isn't very accurate. My post op appt is on Monday so I will give you the true numbers when I have them. My appetite has been almost non exsistant. I am getting in 2 shakes and a bottle of Water a day.

The first few days after the procedure were typical. There was pain in my abdominal area as well as in my chest. I had a hiatal hernia repaired with my lap band. The additional surgery caused me to have a deep pain in my chest. This all subsided within the first 3 days.

I had my procedure on 8/15 and I was at work 5 days later. The first day back at work was uncomfortable sitting up in an office chair for 8 hrs, but I managed. Today is then end of my 1st week back to work. I feel great. I did have some stomach pains last night. I think it was still gas. I got up and walked around and I (please pardon me.. started to pass gas) and then I felt better.

Good luck to everyone who is about to go in and everyone who has already gone it. This month marks the start of alot of journeys for all of us.

Hello all you August Banders. I just wanted to give a quick update to my status. I am right at 9 days post op and I feel great. My incisions are healing nicely and my port side has no pain. I am still struggeling with gas and bloating by the end of everyday. I have started to take the Gas-X in the morning prior to leaving for work. I have already lost roughly 11 - 13 lbs. My scale isn't very accurate. My post op appt is on Monday so I will give you the true numbers when I have them. My appetite has been almost non exsistant. I am getting in 2 shakes and a bottle of Water a day.

The first few days after the procedure were typical. There was pain in my abdominal area as well as in my chest. I had a hiatal hernia repaired with my lap band. The additional surgery caused me to have a deep pain in my chest. This all subsided within the first 3 days.

I had my procedure on 8/15 and I was at work 5 days later. The first day back at work was uncomfortable sitting up in an office chair for 8 hrs, but I managed. Today is then end of my 1st week back to work. I feel great. I did have some stomach pains last night. I think it was still gas. I got up and walked around and I (please pardon me.. started to pass gas) and then I felt better.

Good luck to everyone who is about to go in and everyone who has already gone it. This month marks the start of alot of journeys for all of us.

We have the same band day and I feel great too! Everyday get's better and better so hang in there everyone!! Plus, it's fun watching that scale drop ;)

I've found that gentle massage of my lower belly(below belly button) generally helped just some gentle pressure back and forth in addition to walking. Oddly most came up' date=' but expelling the gas was the goal no matter the direction.[/quote']

Burping for me has been super painful. I don't know about you guys but this is my 5th post op day and I still feel really sore (more so in my upper left quadrant) and when I feel the need to burp, it's so painful that I have to smack my chest several times to make the pain go away. Is that normal for any of you?

I was on the 18th! Sticking to Clear Liquids. I tried a Protein Drink and got horrible gas. What is everyone else drinking?

I feel you on that one. It's hard enough being gassy already from surgery but then the Protein drink makes u even more so. My sister tried it too and she said she was burping a lot after half of it

Michele1975' date=' EverythingToGain, LiveStrong41, krazykristy1998, yeya, Khpiglet, andrealeigh2116, & tiny62: good luck tomorrow with your surgeries!!![/quote']

Good luck for tomorrow xxxx

I'm having surgery in the morning..... Can't sleep.< /div>

Good luck spark, let us know how you get on.

mine is aug 30

5 days left

I felt a little better this morning. I ended up sleeping in a rocking chair last night and that helped. Having a hard time using the bathroom. :( I feel if I could just go I would be 100 xs better. Just taking my meds and relaxing as well as getting up and walking as much as I can. My husband is worried though because i'm sleeping alot and not hungry.

The pain meds will constipated you and make you so tired so that is normal. I officially haven't taken any pain meds last night and so far this morning. I finally went to the restroom after 5 days of not being able to and it brought some relief but I'm still hurting. Your on the right path

The pain meds will constipated you and make you so tired so that is normal. I officially haven't taken any pain meds last night and so far this morning. I finally went to the restroom after 5 days of not being able to and it brought some relief but I'm still hurting. Your on the right path

That makes me feel better. Today was my first day with no pain meds and im only 3 days post op.. I am feeling pretty good. I would say about 30% back to normal. No getting in all the Protein Shakes i need nor all liquids i need period. I feel like when i do im going to throw them right back up. I know this is all normal but i guess you never realize how much pain you will go through until you do it! But im glad its over and now im on my way to a better life!!