Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Thanks for the info. I'm probably going to order the strawberry. I'll let you know.

Had mine Aug 1st

I'm having the weirdest cravings. Anything liquid that is salty. I just drank a little Pickle Juice :rolleyes: Are any of my other post op bandsters feeling the same way? I just recieved my Unjury products today. So far I have had the vanilla and I loved it!!! I bought the sample pack so I'm anxious to see how the others taste! Good luck to all you pre op's going in this week!!! Happy banding :D

Roxygirl, when I crave sodium, I make a cup of bullion or strained chicken Soup. I don't see anything wrong with a little pickle juice, it has no calories and is high in sodium.

I am having mine aug 27th...nervous as heck but ready!!!

aug 30 7 am

So yesterday, I woke up at 4 to be at the hospital by 6... I live far from the hospital. My nurses and anesthesiologist were great! When game time came I felt so uncomfortable with the gas mask but then I was knocked out before I had time to complain. When I woke up the nurses said my surgery went really well and that I even had a hiatal hernia that the dr repaired at the same time so I got a 2 in 1 surgery. I wasn't in a lot of pain, but deep breathing is what hurts the most right now due to the gas. I'm debating in gettin the gas x strips like I've been hearing. Do they really work wonders? This gas is killin me!!! It's there.... It wants to come out.... But it won't. Any tips? Nonetheless it was nice to have broth for the first time yesterday!!!!

I am having mine aug 27th...nervous as heck but ready!!!

Welcome band sister! I'm also the 27th!

On my way to check in to the hospital now!

HAPPY BAND DAY...sending prayers and love your way I'm so happy for you

I'm having the weirdest cravings. Anything liquid that is salty. I just drank a little Pickle Juice :rolleyes: Are any of my other post op bandsters feeling the same way? I just recieved my Unjury products today. So far I have had the vanilla and I loved it!!! I bought the sample pack so I'm anxious to see how the others taste! Good luck to all you pre op's going in this week!!! Happy banding :D

I love the Unjury it mixes well. I've had the Vanilla, chocolate and strawberry. Vanilla is my favorite since I'm able to mix it with so many fruits. I've only had it with skim milk though, after my surgery on Thursday I'll have to mix it with Water only for one week. I hope it doesn't taste too bad with only water!. I can't wait to get this done, counting down two more days! Also work is getting MUCH better. LOL

So yesterday, I woke up at 4 to be at the hospital by 6... I live far from the hospital. My nurses and anesthesiologist were great! When game time came I felt so uncomfortable with the gas mask but then I was knocked out before I had time to complain. When I woke up the nurses said my surgery went really well and that I even had a hiatal hernia that the dr repaired at the same time so I got a 2 in 1 surgery. I wasn't in a lot of pain, but deep breathing is what hurts the most right now due to the gas. I'm debating in gettin the gas x strips like I've been hearing. Do they really work wonders? This gas is killin me!!! It's there.... It wants to come out.... But it won't. Any tips? Nonetheless it was nice to have broth for the first time yesterday!!!!

I used the heating pad all the time for 10-15 minutes on high, right in the middle of my back. Even when I was sitting answering emails, I turned the pad on for a few minutes. The heat soothes your back muscles and relaxes your skeleton. Walk, walk, walk to get rid of gas. Gas strips did nothing for me, my stomach was okay.

Best wishes

I've found that gentle massage of my lower belly(below belly button) generally helped just some gentle pressure back and forth in addition to walking. Oddly most came up, but expelling the gas was the goal no matter the direction.

Gas X really didn't work for me I do agree that the gas is not located where the gas x would be beneficial. a lot of the gas has left but there is still alittle I notice it more when I start to get full so I take that as a signal my stomach has had enough to eat still no apetite yet(pleased by this) I am hoping to get rid of the annoying left shoulder pain I'm praying daily that it goes away and doesn't return but so far it is still showing up especially when it is time for bed.

From upstate new York

Were in upstate? I am having surgery Aug.28th at Adirondack Medical Center with Dr. Hill.