Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

A thread for super-sized bandsters - starting BMI over 50?

molly, wheetsin, dezado, julie wow congrats I hope to get on the same page with you one day with the weight thing, Iamstill hovering around 300 and the damn thing doesn't want to move argh!

My scale has been moving back and for for over 6 months

320 to 340 to 330 to 340 to 320... (lowest was 315, highest was 342)

grrrr

I want to be safely under 300 sooo bad..

Its my goal to be under 300 by xmas..

thats when everyone will see if I FAILED at this too..

I start my "diet" Sept. 5th..

Hi kimmason, I stalled (or rather, "paused") at 302 for about 4 weeks. More and more it seems like I go in burts of ten lbs. It took me forever to drop the final 1 or 2 lbs to be under 300. Then from 299 - 280 went pretty fast. Took a while to get 279, and here I stay, not budging an inch. I would guess that when I do move again, 269 will come pretty quickly, and there I will sit... :mad:

Nykee,

Are you confident that your scale is accurate? I used to see that kind of fluctuation when I weighed around 320 and I had a scale that only weighed to 330. I think scales freak out when you're close to whatever their limit is. Any chance that's it?

Also, do you need a fill? I ask because I really want you to be below 300 for Christmas too (though I do NOT think it means you're a failure if you're not).

Let us know if there's anything we can do to help/encourage you.

Nykee,

Are you confident that your scale is accurate? I used to see that kind of fluctuation when I weighed around 320 and I had a scale that only weighed to 330. I think scales freak out when you're close to whatever their limit is. Any chance that's it?

Also, do you need a fill? I ask because I really want you to be below 300 for Christmas too (though I do NOT think it means you're a failure if you're not).

Let us know if there's anything we can do to help/encourage you.

My only scale is at the doctors office and it weighs up to 600 pounds.. so yeah, its accurate, I been weighing on it for years and years.....

. I have literally gained and lost 12 pounds in 4 days...... (thats the most in such a short time).. I am going up and down like crazy....

and yes I DO need a fill.. !!!!!!!!!!

I dont have the 150$ is the main problem... (but I am trying.. school clothes and now xmas..grrr)

I would go from a 1.7 to a 1.8.... my band is real sensitive, so I have to go real slow (we figured this out finally.. after lots of ups and downs).... I would love to see what a 1.8 will do for me.

I am real good (or should I say BAD!) at eating around the band, even with a tight fill I can easily consume 2500 to 4000 calories a day on liquids and 'easy foods'... I have nevr been a meal eater or a high portain eater, so I have to change ALOT more about my eating habits, and I am resistant (like I have been for 20 yrs)

But I dont need a real tight fill, I need my SWEET SPOT back!!!

When i had that is when I lost all my weight.. and is when food suddenly became unimportant, or at least a second thought..

GOSH I want that feeling back!!!

THANKS for your support.. just letting me get this out was very helpful..

What I am giong to do to help me reach my goal is:

• starting a diet of course.. low sugar and whole grain focused.
  • Making some major no candy and no junk in the house rules
  • and EXCERsizing in my house!!! Someone gave me a slider or glider thingie. (I am disabled, but I tried it out and I think I can do it!!!)
  • trying to get a fill in October. ($)

If you dont know me that might not seem like much.. but if I can be good about those things, I will SUCEED!!

and if I could only find that sweet spot again.. I would be good for anothor 50 pounds EASY!

THANK YOU!!!

and EXCERsizing in my house!!! Someone gave me a slider or glider thingie. (I am disabled, but I tried it out and I think I can do it!!!)

Nykee we are all here to support you! I know you can do it! I don't want to offend you or upset you, I am only asking this to be helpful, so please know that, but I saw you said you were disabled and can only exercise in your house. I see your in Oregon too, I am down in Medford and I know that there is a show on tv called Sit and be Fit and it is for disabled and the show is a half hour on at 11am and it shows ways to exercise at home but made so you dont hurt yourself and if you cant do the traditional methods. Also my sister is a Physical Therapis and I have some issues too and she just sent me an email with a list of exercises I could do sitting or even lying in bed that would help me get in some good workouts but not hurt me and not require me to go outside if I didnt want too. I do go out now and walk and do more regular exercise in the house with resistance bands and weights and an aerobic tape. I also know there are some good chair aerobics tapes maybe you can ask for one for christmas. I am not sure what your level of disabled is so I hope I didnt offend you with what I am saying. If so I am sorry.

Good Luck! Congrats to everyone you guys are doing so great!

Tonya

Hi: WOW Tonya....you've lost almost 60 in a month??? Go girl times ten!!! I had a 7-week check-up with my surgeon yesterday and am down 38 and am happy. Last 3 weeks I felt like I had lost nothing but I felt the clothes were getting a little roomier so I was hopeful. I also am most excited that I have my first fill next week!!!! Can't wait to feel that full feeling again!!!!!!

Ruthie

Banded 7-11-06

38 down, seemingly zillions to go :P

Hi: WOW Tonya....you've lost almost 60 in a month??? Go girl times ten!!! I had a 7-week check-up with my surgeon yesterday and am down 38 and am happy. Last 3 weeks I felt like I had lost nothing but I felt the clothes were getting a little roomier so I was hopeful. I also am most excited that I have my first fill next week!!!! Can't wait to feel that full feeling again!!!!!!

Ruthie

Banded 7-11-06

38 down, seemingly zillions to go :P

Hi Ruthie, Thanks for the kind words! Your doing great! Is'nt it great that your clothes are roomier. I know how you feel when you say "seemingly zillions to go"!

hI guys

yes Nykee I feel frustrated too and of course today didn't help. i had my mother and my doc pretty well tel me "well you must be doing something wrong" "soup can have lots of calories too". I am hungry. I am tired of the full fluids which end today but since I ahven't lost weight on that i feel that once I eat pureed iwill gain again. Idon't get it. I did start excersing cuz I am a couch potato and it was not fun, nor pretty but damn I did 30 mins on my treadmill at not a huge fast pace but I did it. My first fill is not til sept 15th or so, but honestly I don;t get how I am eating so much less than the garbage can i was before and now so little, if at all.Pretty discouraging considering I am really just started and it is sooo slow already.

sorry for the griping ..but here is the only place i can.

thanks

Kim

KIM. you've lost 23 pounds!!! Lap band patients only lose 1-2 pounds a week so you are doing good and don't listen to the negatives even if it is your Mom and doctor. I can't believe your surgeon told you were not doing well....that's odd. My surgeon told me to stay away from the scales because it will make you crazed. Pay attention to your body, clothes, what you can do now that you couldn't before, etc. HANG IN THERE!!!

Ruthie

HI No the 23 lbs and it is now just 20 was since I started the preop diet. I am really feeling disinhearted, I actually worked out today but then sai..screw it and after fighting with my significant other I went to a movie ate a whopper with cheese and popcorn, so I only have myself to blame, but I ma hungry and the pureed stuff puts weight on me , the full Fluid and I was eating way less then I usually do. If it is this slow since i started, what's the point? the doc was not my surgeaon, but a shrink I went to, to deal with food issues and she told me about the lap band.

velvet kiss - wow! we were banded on the same day and i was happy with 25 lbs. but jeez.. i wish it were 60! i will say i have gotten into the gym thing and actually like going, esp lifting wts. kim - my doc says if i am losing 1-2 lbs/wk i am doing great so don't get discouraged..also, think about why you ate what you ate. i am thinking about trying overeaters anonymous to work on my own useless eating habits. do you think that might help?

hey there dezado

I actaully attended a few overeaters anon meetings and honestly I was soo hoping it would be helpful and for a bit it was , but after a bit, I noticed that I couldn't speak in the group. they folowed a ceratin doctrin all the time and took turns and I couldn't vent/cry/ sek help whatever so I stil felt very much alone. I also couldn't understand it as I lived in a small town and there weren't many poepl at the meeting so I thought it would be a bit more open and time to discuss.

So , no, that didn't help. I heard that book by geneen rothman ( roth) ?? is a good one when food is love..has anyone read it and what did you think?

thanks

Kim