Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

A thread for super-sized bandsters - starting BMI over 50?

Hi All, thanks for your thoughts and support. tired old man thats one hell of a post!!!!

I'm feeling a little more in control now, I'm going to the gym and I learnt a lesson on sunday night, I ordered chinese food without thinking and when it arrived could only eat a small amount then on monday morning I spent over 1 hour on the toilet... I hope that will prevent me going silly again!!

:lol:Hi

I am a super size too. The courage and deterination i:target:s amazing on this site THANKS :hail:for all your stories they inspire me. :humble:

Lana hugs :D :kiss2: Kisses

Hi, Ladydi Here. Had My Sx On Monday The 21st Of August. I Can Not Believe How Good I Feel. Just Tender But No Problems. I Still Can Not Belive That I Am On My Way! I Feel The Same.

My Highest Weight 347, At The Dr. 314 And When I Weighed In Before Sx, 309, Bmi 50. I'm Shooting For 185. It Is Still Hard To Believe That I Will Be That Little!

I Had A patch For Nausiation(sp) And Took It Off Today, But Felt Dizzy So Put It Back On. Did Anyone Here Have The Same Problem?

I am super-size...and still waiting to be banded. I've been checking this board here and there, and I'm glad to see that this is a friendly and helpful place...because I'm going to need a lot of support.

But I actually came here with GREAT NEWS!!!! Today I finally secured the funds to pay for my surgery!

I went to orientation 2 weeks ago and my first appt. with the surgeon is next Wednesday.

guess what? i went to my appt today and my bmi is down from 50 to 45! i have lost 24 lbs. since sx! and... today i had my appt and i can eat mushies! i never thought food could tast soo good!!! lol!

congrats on the funding derbygirl!!!! from ky by the way? if so i am a u of l grad and miss the area!

Hi Folks

Well I don't feel comfortable tellign anyone this, butthis is the only place I can come for help. I was banded on Aug 10th and did okay,,,bt I am hungry. I am on the second week of the full Fluid diet post op and just "lost it" and ate. I mean i ate two hamburger patties with cheese, then went to a movie where i ate popcorn and chocolate. I don't know why I did it. I was starving, sick of eating or rather drinking and i lost control, story of my life i guess. I do not have the coverage for the surgery and it will take me ages to pay it off and I feel addicted to food I guess and if I can't do it now, then I guess i have messed up with this too. I don't know what to do, and if that now means my band is messed up and stretched or whatever can happen. I only felt liek I had something stuck kind for a sec when I ate the hamburger patty but then I ate it and chewed it up better. how the heck am I going to get through this when i am have a fill and crave everything in sight? I am sorry to moan and I know I am my worst enemy but I read of the people here who never mess up and are sooooo determined ,and I am not a kid anymore and I am almost 300 lbs. I started out at 320.

So I dunno, I am afraid that i will fail at this since I have done so so early in the game.

K

We all have rough days with food. I don't think you will fail. If you want this then you'll make it.

I'm not trying to make you feel any worse, but what do you think led to that "lost it" feeling? Did you let yourself get too hungry (not eating on schedule)? Were you upset? Nervous? Instead of beating yourself up, I would try to identify what caused me to eat like that and learn from it.

Hang in there! And remember-Everyone messes up once in a while.

I doubt very much that you hurt your band. You didn't PB and that is the worst thing for your band so soon after surgery. It is normal to feel hungry till you start to get restriction. I almost never feel hungry anymore and when I do I can eat a whole 2 cups of food before I just can't eat any more. I used to be able to eat 3x's that amount. You are going through a big transition and it is normal to "lose it" we all have. Just pick yorself up and tell yourself that you are worth this, and we will all be here to lend support :D

K, Don't beat yourself up about it, figure out your trigger and just start a new. Everyone makes mistakes and it is OK. It is over you did it and now you can move on and work your band. You will do it, your going through a lifestyle change and it isnt easy, but just take it one day at a time and if that is too much then take it one hour at a time. You will succeed. We are all here for support.

Hang in there, kimmason! All of us have been plagued with bouts of hunger, sometimes giving in, sometimes not. Please don't beat yourself up over a stumble along the way. It happens to all of us. Know that the band WILL HELP YOU with all of this, and things will definitely get better. You do not yet have restriction, so the band has not yet started to work for you. Be patient. You can do this. For now, try to remember that it's not necessarily hunger that drives us but often our EATING obsession. Use this as an opportunity to fight that demon.

VelvetKiss: I note that you have lost 56 lbs in a single month. However did you manage to do that? It seems almost impossible!

VelvetKiss: I note that you have lost 56 lbs in a single month. However did you manage to do that? I seems almost impossible!

BlueHill, I don't think it is impossible because my Dr's office scale doesn't lie. I also believe my weight is coming off much faster because I have ALOT of excess weight to lose since I am a High Weight High BMI patient, plus I have followed the rules very strictly and I havent eaten out since surgery, no caffeine, no sugar, no bad carbs, no sweets, no nothing. I am following my Surgeon's orders of eating 600-800 calories a day, 30 grams or less of fat a day, 40 grams or less of carbs a day, 64+ oz of liquid a day and a minimum of 70 grams of Protein a day. I am allowed now to exercise and I exercise everyday and attempt to burn at least half of the calories I eat a day and so far it has paid off in that I have lost 56 lbs since my surgery and I feel great, knees dont hurt as much and my mobility is improving with each pound dropped and I can walk farther and longer then I could a year ago. I hope this helps answer your question, feel free to ask anything you like!

Tonya :D

Kimmason,

WIll your doctor's office let you schedule your first fill -- even though it's still several weeks away? That might let you feel like there's an END to this feeling. I have to tell you, the pre-fill stage is the worst. I didn't have a day quite like yours during the liquid stage, but at week 4 when I was allowed to go to solids but still had 3 weeks until my fill, I was MISERABLE. I ate every bit of what I ate pre-band. I even gained. I thought I'd just gone through major surgery only to have it not work at all (even though I knew logically the fill would make a difference). But, you WILL get through it. Once you get a proper fill, you WILL feel different and more in control. It will be easier not to choose high calorie foods once you've got the band helping you.

In the interim, I'd suggest allowing yourself some slack on the type of liquid you have, but do try to stick to liquids and let yourself heal. This is a tool you want for the rest of your life and though I doubt the one slip hurt you, I wouldn't take that as a license to eat real food. Drink chocolate milk if you crave chocolate. Puree marinera sauce with cottage cheese if you feel like pizza (it tastes quite like pizza sauce and is very filling for a liquid). You can do this!

Oh my gosh am I ever touched that you guys wrote to me with your help and suggestions cuz I really feel like I failed and that I am falling apart. I am sooo stuffed right now, I feel sick, as I stuffed in popcorn, hamburger, cheesies and chocolate....what the hell is wrong with me? I eat past the hungry stage to the numb, sick to my stomach stage. I even tried to make myself throw up, that is how awful I feel right now. Can I get a fill before hand? Does anyone know?? I mean I am supposed to be starting my second week of full fluids and here I am eating crap and lots of it. What is PB , by the way? i have no clue.

Gawd I feel sick, right now....I have to stop this. I started to get hungry a couple days ago, my mom was visiting, control or what, she can't stop, even though she says she doesn't want to be critical but....... for the umpteeenth time, then of course Peter and I are at it. So my triggers ???maybe.. plus I took my mom to my shrink thursday, the doc says she has never seen me so quiet. so I am here feeling ill, tinking i threw 16,000 down the toilet, BUT I come on here and feel teary when I read you guys and even thoguh I feel like I give up on me...you haven't given up on me...and give me hope and support. I am humbled.

THANKYOU!!!!