Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Newbies: Please Read This!!!

Hi & welcome to ALL the newbies on the Forum,

I have been reading and have been forwarded some of your Posts and Blogs and thought I should make a post so you can save yourself the trouble of having to post.

I can't stress to all of you the importance of sticking to your diet steps! Many of you are at different stages but all seem to be having the same problems.

For those of you whom are at Pre-Op stage. If your required to lose weight before, now is the time to start. Everyone has been asking can they have lets say their "Last meal"

the Answer is Yes, But don't make it a week long event. Pick ONE DAY/NIGHT eat whatever it is you want to devour before they put the inner fat kid in a straight Jacket. To many have been going wild. Party's over.

For those who are in the liquid Stage... People it's not Rocket Science.. it's liquids... if you can't determine what's a liquid, i seriuosly think you need to go back to elemetry school. I'm not trying to offend anyone Please don't take what I say like that. It's more a sarcastic way of saying THINK!

Now those in the first fill pending stage.. Yes you have a Band strapped around your stomach but , it has yet to have any saline injected, so Yes your going to be able to eat alot, not as much as before, OBVIOUSLY! So don't take not having a fill yet as "Free Ticket" because your going to discover the unpleastries that come with trying. If your due for a fill go! Remember one thing everyone, the only person your hurting is yourself. I knwo it's hard not to eat, your stomach is growling, and with all the day to day stresses we face it makes it that more harder to resist. But do yourself the favor, if you feel hungry inbetwen meals SIP Water , DO NOT drink with a straw it makes more gas and will be even more painful. and never chug anything!!!! I will tell you all a tip: anything cold will cause your throat to tighten up and restrict you. Anything Hot will do the opposite it wil lhelp relax your throat. so keep that tid bit in mind.

anyone else who has been filled more than once and has been banded for a year or more, and still makes foolish mistakes, i say this WHATSA MATTA U?

Lol....loved that!! Thanks!!!

That's great. Thanks.

Loved the tips! Thank you!

I know I come off as some crazy lunitic, but it's just me. I'm sarcastic but not in a harmful way just my warped view of life. :blink: I enjoy helping others, gives me a warm fuzzy feeling, Oh wait that's something else that does that.. LOL... Seriously Ibasicly decided i can't eat what i loved to eat before so, now I make the things that caused me to become the FAT KID to all everyone else... All part of my evil plan to make the entire universe FAT KIDS! HA HA HA ... :P

Ok then I must have something seriously wrong with me. I have been banded 3 years and I still make mistakes. I can be cruising along fine and then BAM something gets stuck for no apparent reason.

Yes it was probably too big a bite or not chewed well enough or whatever but it would have been no different than the ones I took the day, the week, the month before.

It might all sound really easy but mistakes do still happen.

Woah!!! Let me set record straight while I Dodge the rotten fruit being thrown at me..... guess I must be doing something wrong too because 6 yrs banded, and I still mess up too at times as well. ... we all make mistakes! Do I sometimes forgot and eat something I shouldn't, I'd be a bold face liar if I said no. My comment was meant to tell us all to Think before we eat.... not trying to say anyone is Stupid... so drop the torches & pitchforks, call of the villagers ...geesh.

Hi & welcome to ALL the newbies on the Forum' date='

I have been reading and have been forwarded some of your Posts and Blogs and thought I should make a post so you can save yourself the trouble of having to post.

I can't stress to all of you the importance of sticking to your diet steps! Many of you are at different stages but all seem to be having the same problems.

For those of you whom are at Pre-Op stage. If your required to lose weight before, now is the time to start. Everyone has been asking can they have lets say their "Last meal"

the Answer is Yes, But don't make it a week long event. Pick ONE DAY/NIGHT eat whatever it is you want to devour before they put the inner fat kid in a straight Jacket. To many have been going wild. Party's over.

For those who are in the Liquid Stage... People it's not Rocket Science.. it's LIQUIDS... if you can't determine what's a liquid, i seriuosly think you need to go back to elemetry school. I'm not trying to offend anyone Please don't take what I say like that. It's more a sarcastic way of saying THINK!

Now those in the first fill pending stage.. Yes you have a Band strapped around your stomach but , it has yet to have any saline injected, so Yes your going to be able to eat alot, not as much as before, OBVIOUSLY! So don't take not having a fill yet as "Free Ticket" because your going to discover the unpleastries that come with trying. If your due for a fill go! Remember one thing everyone, the only person your hurting is yourself. I knwo it's hard not to eat, your stomach is growling, and with all the day to day stresses we face it makes it that more harder to resist. But do yourself the favor, if you feel hungry inbetwen meals SIP Water , DO NOT drink with a straw it makes more gas and will be even more painful. and never chug anything!!!! I will tell you all a tip: anything cold will cause your throat to tighten up and restrict you. Anything Hot will do the opposite it wil lhelp relax your throat. so keep that tid bit in mind.

anyone else who has been filled more than once and has been banded for a year or more, and still makes foolish mistakes, i say this WHATSA MATTA U?[/quote']

Just what I was looking for!

Lol....loved that!! Thanks!!!

I am new on here. I had surgery 1 month ago how do u chat with ppl on here and get support. How do u get the ticker u have I love it.