Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

FIrst fill was monday june 4th (328lbs)...by june 11th i had lost 6 lbs (322)...didnt lose another pound between then and july 5.

second fill was mon july 9...that morning i was down 7 lbs (315)

July 16 I was 316.6

july 20 i was 314.8

today july 25....319

I know to only weigh once a week...but cuz the 316.6 wwas the first time since before my surgery i have had any gain, i just had to check and see if it went down..i was thrilled. not sure what possessed me to get on scale today.

i know when im bloated or retaining Fluid and i definitely do not feel that way today so it makes no sense to me to be up almost 5 lbs in 5 days. im nowhere near my monthly cycle, my calories the first week after my july 9 fill..were barely 800 calories cuz its all i could eat..i knew that would prob show no loss cuz of starvation mode. however the last week or so, im eating a bit more and my calories are 950-1100. im working out with trainer twice a week instead of once a week plus two days at home on the treadmill....i wasnt working out that much during june.

ive sent my nutrtionist my food journal and she says it looks great and cant understand it either lol.

i cant get another fill cuz if i do ill never be able to eat the calories i need to eat.

i know things happen and that i will have periods of time where i wont see a loss..but i really thought that it would only happen months after not having a fill or as i start eating portions that are too big...not right after a fill...

just frustrating..but i wont give up

FIrst fill was monday june 4th (328lbs)...by june 11th i had lost 6 lbs (322)...didnt lose another pound between then and july 5.

second fill was mon july 9...that morning i was down 7 lbs (315)

July 16 I was 316.6

july 20 i was 314.8

today july 25....319

I know to only weigh once a week...but cuz the 316.6 wwas the first time since before my surgery i have had any gain' date=' i just had to check and see if it went down..i was thrilled. not sure what possessed me to get on scale today.

i know when im bloated or retaining Fluid and i definitely do not feel that way today so it makes no sense to me to be up almost 5 lbs in 5 days. im nowhere near my monthly cycle, my calories the first week after my july 9 fill..were barely 800 calories cuz its all i could eat..i knew that would prob show no loss cuz of starvation mode. however the last week or so, im eating a bit more and my calories are 950-1100. im working out with trainer twice a week instead of once a week plus two days at home on the treadmill....i wasnt working out that much during june.

ive sent my nutrtionist my food journal and she says it looks great and cant understand it either lol.

i cant get another fill cuz if i do ill never be able to eat the calories i need to eat.

i know things happen and that i will have periods of time where i wont see a loss..but i really thought that it would only happen months after not having a fill or as i start eating portions that are too big...not right after a fill...

just frustrating..but i wont give up[/quote']

The body can hold on to more Water when you increase your exercise. I would keep up your new routine and then weigh again next week.

All of what your experiencing Rebecca is normal. so don't get frustrated, your body is still adapting to the foreign object inside you, your metabolisim is also adjusting , you will have flux in weight gain & loss as you start,but once you move to solid foods your stabilize and loss will come, i know we all want instant results, but your doing great , congrats to you and hang in there like you said your frustrated but refuse to give up. Slow & steady wins every time.

GOOD LUCK & CONGRATS!

Steve

• THAT HAPPENS TO ME ON A REGULAR BASIS.
  • IT SEEMS TO DISSAPEAR AGAIN PRETTY FAST.

It will drive you nuts, don't let it!

instead of being upset because of the scales saying you have gained...ask yourself this.... have you felt better? have your clothes become looser? have you had more energry? are you walking better or farther? that is what i would base your success by right now. as steve and others said, weight goes up and down all the time.......cant count on it to be faithful. so again, how are you feeling???

sounds to me as if you are doing a fine job. that is what is important. just stay the course.

I'm struggling with this too- doing everything right and showed a gain- but IT"S OKAY!!! WE'LL SUCCEED!!! It's a marathon, not a sprint!!!! It is super frustrating, though. We'll power through it and it will NOT derail us like it did on so many other diets- at least, it would derail me! But this is a lifestyle, forever change, so I might as well be in it for the long haul and be successful!!!

Good luck, hang in there, it will happen!

Nicki

Your not alone Rebecca, your in good hands with these ladies! Just watch out for that Carolina girl, LMAO kidding! Seriously what she and Dolt said is most important and the truth. I was banded 6 years ago, lost 160 lbs and maintained my weight, it's hard but as time passes you become more adapted to it.

I agree, you are doing great. As you said you know, you should probably only get on the scale once a week. It's hard know. I managed to do it while I was loosing. Then in maintainance I weighed in every day. Didn't help, I put back on 45 pounds of the 107 I lost. Neve thought that would happen! I have had a good week so am optomistic. I have decided to comprimise and get on the scale every 3-4 days. Maybe that would work for you.

All of what your experiencing Rebecca is normal. so don't get frustrated, your body is still adapting to the foreign object inside you, your metabolisim is also adjusting , you will have flux in weight gain & loss as you start,but once you move to solid foods your stabilize and loss will come, i know we all want instant results, but your doing great , congrats to you and hang in there like you said your frustrated but refuse to give up. Slow & steady wins every time.

GOOD LUCK & CONGRATS!

Steve

ive been on solid foods since 2 weeks post op..tomorrow is my 3 month bandiversary lol...but ty for the encouraging words.

instead of being upset because of the scales saying you have gained...ask yourself this.... have you felt better? have your clothes become looser? have you had more energry? are you walking better or farther? that is what i would base your success by right now. as steve and others said, weight goes up and down all the time.......cant count on it to be faithful. so again, how are you feeling???

sounds to me as if you are doing a fine job. that is what is important. just stay the course.

ive gone on short walks with my son, havent been able to walk to the corner of block and back since he was a baby..hes 9 lol. clothes are definitely dropping in size...so yes i know im succeeding in other ways and i do feel much better...still hard to see the scale go up and not wanna chuck it out the window tho lol.

Oh, well again Rebecca, each person is different too, some take longer to shed the weight, but you've even said it,clothing is loose, summer time is also tough too. What are you eating for solid food?

ive gone on short walks with my son, havent been able to walk to the corner of block and back since he was a baby..hes 9 lol. clothes are definitely dropping in size...so yes i know im succeeding in other ways and i do feel much better...still hard to see the scale go up and not wanna chuck it out the window tho lol.

the scale is not something you should focus on. its best to focus on your clothes being smaller and inches lost. i have done that scale addiction in the past and its not fun. it can break your spirit if you (let it). dont let it.

Oh, well again Rebecca, each person is different too, some take longer to shed the weight, but you've even said it,clothing is loose, summer time is also tough too. What are you eating for solid food?

turkey sausage, eggs, veggies, fruit, lean ground beef on occasion, lots of fish and chicken..pork maybe twice a month. i try to stay away from potatos and pastas....only have bread if i have a slice of toast with Breakfast. cheese, wheat crackers, pizza a few times, Soups, Protein bars...thats the main stuff

doing everything right, diet is perfect. again Rebecca, takes time. you won't see it so much in begining becuase it's so gradual but your on the track keep up the great work!

Are you eating enough? That could also be a problem.

Congrats on your NSVs!