Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Do You Have A Favorite Brand Of Protein Shakes?

Hi all! I'm new to all this Protein Shake stuff..I was just wondering if you prefer a brand? And where you go to buy it? Also is there anywhere I can find recipes for Protein shake mix-ins?

Thanks!

Hi Samantha, tricky tricky question... How we all learned was the hard way, through trial and error. Every person has different taste towards what brand works best for them. I can't tell you how many brands I purchased and money I spent before I found the brand I like.

Now, with saying that you can start off by not spending a lot of money by buying Pure Protein 'Chocolate" from Walmart. Its inexpensive and taste like a chocolate milk shake if mixed with fat free milk or almond milk. You will need unflavored Protein as well to add to your Soups, foods once banded. I found powders?utm_source=BariatricPal&utm_medium=Affiliate&utm_campaign=CommentLink" target="_ad" data-id="1" >unjury unflavored and Now sports unflavored is 'my' choice.

You can visit www.unjury.com and order samples. Now sports I purchased on Amazon, Pure protein I purchased from walmart.

Best of luck,

Patty

I have never found a Protein Powder (flavored ) that I can even tolerate taste wise. I use Premier Protein shakes. I get them at costco but you can also get them online. They are high Protein, low carb and quite tasty!!!

i buy whey isolate extreme from Walmart

many flavors (chocolate, Cookies and creme etc)

30 grams Protein per scoop + Protein from the ff milk you use.

is good w/water also

i freeze mine in the a.m. and drink as a slush. just like a milkshake. def helps :)

all the best

I buy the premade in a can shakes from Trader Joe's. My doc recommended them and after a few bad ones, I finally drove the distance to Trader Joe's and found them and loved them!

Good luck!

For on the go in need of a quick fix I like the 12 oz can of Pure Protein that has 27g of Protein (chocolate) Also EAS strawberry 16 oz with 45g of protein is good! There are others that I like, Unjury unflavored (can Mix with pretty much anything) and Unjury Chickensoup flavor I mostly mix with veggies, cottage cheese or in a lite broth but you have to remember to not have hot, hot Water just warm because the powder will clump up.

I too use Unjury- I use 1 scoop chocolate splendor, 1 c ff milk and a couple ice cubes- cold chocolate milk. I also use 1 scoop of the vanilla, 1 c ff milk, and 1 Tbsp sugar free pistachio pudding mix and a couple ice cubes. Yummy pistachio flavor. And my favorite, 1 scoop vanilla, 1 c trop 50 oj, 6 strawberries and a few ice cubes- that's my staple fave!

Now, with saying that you can start off by not spending a lot of money by buying Pure Protein 'Chocolate" from Walmart. Its inexpensive and taste like a chocolate milk shake if mixed with fat free milk or almond milk. You will need unflavored Protein as well to add to your Soups, foods once banded. I found unjury unflavored and Now sports unflavored is 'my' choice.

You can visit www.unjury.com and order samples. Now sports I purchased on Amazon, Pure protein I purchased from walmart.

Patty,

I've been drinking Premier Protein shakes and they are great but looking for a powder. I did buy the starter kit from Unjury and love them. Was trying to find something I could go buy instead of ordering online, if possible. I looked on Amazon for that Now sports unflavored, is it just as good as Unjury? Thanks!

well I do say it is trial and error of taste. With my experience I agree with Sasha, the one I found that I love is GNC's Lean shake Swiss Choc. If you go in there they will usually let you try it. It comes in strawberry, Vanilla and Swiss Choc but I didn't care for the other two flavors. I gagged on EAS strawberry, just my opinion. One other one I could tolerate was GNC's Isopure grape flavor, leave kind of an after taste but it was tolerable and is high in Protein. Good luck.

Donna

I like the GNC also. I joined the gold club and the first week of the month they give you 10% off, and if you go to a rite aid, you get their discount also. Good luck

Thank you all! I'm going to try a few of them to see which ones I like the most :)

I like the Syntrax Nectar Unflavored Medical. There is no taste and it blends well with everything. I buy it on Amazon and the shipping is fast.

I'm so glad I'm going to a WSL next week..apparently I have a lot more to learn before my surgery. I had no idea you needed to mix unflavored Protein in with your food to make sure you're getting enough protein. :blink: What type of food do you usually mix it in?

I have so many allergies it's rediculous! I mix my Protein in Water with a Crystal Light mixer, chicken broth if it's not too hot or some juices. Any other protein I get is from meats so I don't have any reactions!