Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Whey Protein Suggestions Needed

OMg....this morning I had whey Protein, brand pure protein/vanilla creme, and was not thrilled...I didn't iuse a blender I mixed it with a spoon and it was clumpy and not very good....any suggestions on best way to drink this, recipes, or even a better tastin brand or do they all taste same? I want to give it another try but am scare it will give me a feeling of vomiting just like today......please send ideas. Thanks.

I am using vanilla Whey-To-Go for my Protein shakes and have been playing around with them because you are right....nasty. The guy at the Vitamin Shoppe told me the chocolate was really good, but I hate chocolate. Here's the best way I've found to drink them.

1 scoop of whey Protein

1 cup fat free milk

Tbsp of Peanut Butter

1tsp splenda

1 packet sugar free carnation instant Breakfast

handful of ice cubes

I definitely use a blender!!! Hope this helps!!! I'm thinking they will be my lifesaver post surgery.

You really do need to use a blender to make the shakes as smooth as you can. The shake should be more palatable that way...if you want to make them thicker, I used 1% milk and added a couple of ice cubes.

GNC has their "Wheybolic Extreme"...I use the chocolate and Cookies 'n cream flavors since day 1...and I still actually like the taste. I only use 1.5 scoops of the powder for a 37 g Protein Shake when mixed with milk.

You may have to try several brands/flavors before you find one you like.

I have a wide mouthed Vitamin Water bottle and I drop 4-5 ice cubes in with with powder and my liquid. Then I shake it really hard. The ice gets it stirred completely.

Sent from my iPad using LapBandTalk

I found this fantastic glass for my Protein it is from the LAKESIDE Collection catalog. www.lakeside.com. It is called Tech TOYZ glass.it is battery operated {they come with} and it has a mixer in the bottom. It keeps my protein mixed because it takes me forever to drink mine in espcially in the AM . THis new glass cost 8.95 and worth every penny. no I do not own stock in the company.

I have tried all different kinds of drinks and none are my favorite I have to mix mine with Water or juice I am lactose intolerant since being banded. I find if it is ice cold I can take it down and thats what I need to do.

I use Optimum Nutrition from GNC and you really want to use a blender. My favorite is vanilla or chocolate whey Protein with Peanut Butter and a frozen banana and skim milk. So yummy!!

I use the EAS Protein already in a container! I pour the premixed carton into my ninja and add some Peanut Butter or a banana and I love them!!!

Thanks everyone for the ideas. I also want to know how many of these to drink, or what amount per day. I am one week post op. thanks again.

I tried a few brands and settled on Syntrax Nectar, they come in a lot of different flavors, my favorite is capuchino. I usually have 4 flavors in rotation to keep it from getting boring. I also use almond unsweetened milk instead of regular milk. The trick I learned is to mix the Protein and let it stand in a fridge for a bit then shake again and drink. I don't use a blender just one of those mixing cups, but most of the time just put milk and powder in empty spring Water bottles and shake. Good luck, most of it all will be trial and error.

I drink and really like the taste of Premier Protein shakes in chocolate from Sam's club, they are premade and have 30 grams of Protein. I also bought the starter kit variety pack from Unjury and really like those, 20 grams of protein, I mixed them with Water & ice & frozen fruit with my new Ninja Blender from Target which I absolutely love! I bought one of those mixing containers with ball inside but have yet to try it! I'm trying the GNC Total lean 25 vanilla and chocolate packets next on my search for a tub of protein powder! Just try as many as you can, but I would definitely suggest a great blender, I love mine!

I am using vanilla Whey-To-Go for my Protein Shakes and have been playing around with them because you are right....nasty. The guy at the Vitamin Shoppe told me the chocolate was really good' date=' but I hate chocolate. Here's the best way I've found to drink them.

1 scoop of whey Protein

1 cup fat free milk

Tbsp of Peanut Butter

1tsp splenda

1 packet sugar free carnation instant Breakfast

handful of ice cubes

I definitely use a blender!!! Hope this helps!!! I'm thinking they will be my lifesaver post surgery.[/quote']

Do you drink this aT one time or throughout day. I cAnt drink the whole shake at one time.