Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

The Inner Fat Kid

I Know your all laughing at this but stop and think about it, we were all a fat kid once right no matter your age i don't care if you got fat until you were 40, your still a former fat kid, why do i say that? Simple Everyone of us has that inner fat kid inside of us, the one who would eat the entire box of twinkies, guzzle a half gallon of milk, devour a bucket of KFC like Godzilla tearing thru downtwon Tokyo and say .. NEXT!? , don't lie and say ," that wasn't me!" because your only lying to yourself, instead of denying it try to reflect back, i'll give you an example: The other day I drove past Mc Donald's, of course the inner fat kid already got his chubby little fingers on the steer wheel and started to turn in to parking lot when the outer less fat kid (can't say i'm skinny) took back control, thinking of the days i would walk in and have no problem inhaling three double cheese burgers within 5 minuets. Or The Time I went to a Yankee Game and decided to have a little contest with a buddy of mine whom had no problem saying no too food either, So Like a Jackass I say, Lets see who can eat the most Hotdogs while were here the loser buys, I Won I ate 15 hot dogs! Lets just say my buddy was unhappy and broke after that challange, Oh I can go on and on with my tales, Like the time I Was in California Visiting my Brother, he took me and my buddy to all you can eat Chinese food spot he frequented often, now i'm no small guy I'm 6'3"bro is 6"7", so after my 4th visit to the buffet, I was greeted by the owner, he ever so kindly said to me, You Eat too much You and your Brother are gonna make me go broke! Well i did everything possible not to fall on the floor in hysterical laughter, as he then approched my brother saying you can come anytime, but not with your friends or family! He was only kidding but never have i encountered anyone actually tell me that! So rather than denying that fact that you were a former fat kid embrace it and laugh, and know he will always live inside you you just gotta learn to control them.! If you can't laugh at yourself, you sure can't laugh at anyone else!

There was this chinese restaurant in Boulder Co that had some kind of special where if you bring in 8 or more people, order this house special, they would start bringing out platters of food. Each platter was different. They would keep bringing different platters out until we didn't finish one. Then the party was over. I just recall eating from 7-10 different platters plus a mound of rice and Soup. OMG, it was so good but I remember going home and could hardly breath. And I was thin at that time. Probably close to my goal weight now. Oh, the good ole days.

tmf

Lmao bro, gotta love those stupid days, love the fact you added your own story, dude if we can't laugh at ourselves for being gavones ( italian for pigging out) sure can't to others. Everyone please feel free to post your own fat kid experience it's actually kinda theraputic... in a humorous way...

Am still a fat kid as just began my banded journey, 6/26 to be exact.

While I didn't really lack self-esteem, I was a bit self conscious when it came to eating in public or how I would appear to the drive-thru clerks as I ordered enough food to feed a family of four. My trick was to be either on the fone relaying a friend's order so it wouldn't appear I was eating all this food on my own or ordering two large sodas, again to make it seem I was sharing the order, when in fact it was all for me.

Triple quarter pounders were amazing....

Daaaammmmnnn,

Well i'm glad you were able to share that, know how hard it is to admit. I'm Proud of you! I Know it was a extremely difficult choice to make but, The you made the Best choice! I'll tell you just as i do everyone, Don't hesitate to ask anyone a question. No question is stupid, you may even find the answers in the Forums too. Congradulations on the new chapter of life, make the best of resources! good luck keep us posted Please!

Thanks Steve for always making me laugh!! Your posts are great. I'm newly banded on July 19. I hope I can be a success at this. I'm definitely tired of broth.< /p>