Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Here To Lend A Helping Hand

My name is Steve i've been banded since 2006 and have succsessfully lost 160 lbs. I know that there are alot of new members joining daily looking for a mentor/buddy, well anyone who has any questions,concerns or in need of some moral support look no further. again I ask just one thing from everyone i speak with wich is, Pay it forward! in other words help someone out no matter how simple it may be, just consider that everyone needs help sometimes, regaurdless if friend or stranger, a good deed goes along way, this country was founded and built on these principals and we All have forgotten that over time dealing with our day to day events, but bottom line is no matter race, creed or color we are all just human and need help, so please pay it forward. feel free to send message if you like help or just post away... You are all a success story, some at differnt chapters keep that in mind. never quit never give in!

Steve...thanks for the encouragement and the offer! Pay it forward is so true and you get back so much more than you you give! Congratulations on your success...I may take you up on your offer of being a mentor. My surgery is on Friday...so far on track and looking forward to my new chapter.

congrats on your next chapter, please do take advantage of my knowledge, I wouldn't say it unless i ment it. good to see that you feel the same about paying it forward, like i've said we forgot what our founding fathers built this nation on. and my love of history has shown how we were once a country that helped one another, as we all know history does repeat itself so if i can be of assistance to a felow man,woman or child i do my best

Awesome...... I will take advantage thanks again!

Last day of liquids and blood work today with surgery early tomorrow.

This has been a long and tiring process to get to this point. I am so grateful I have seen this through.

This diet stuff is fairly easy to me (I have been on so many)

I know my challenges will be in finding myself and who i am as the weight goes away. (it's been a great shield)

Determined and remaining positive!

hey that's excellent!! Way to keep the positive attitude, im proud of you as well, Keep it up! Onward & upwards!

Thanks Steve..Surgery went very well minimum pain home now following all instructions!

Hi Steve, my name is Dori. I am very interested in any information you are willing to share. I am 1 week post op!! So far everything has been great!! Surgery went well, not a lot of pain, none of the dreaded gas pain I heard so much about. I've been following my doctors orders to the letter. I'm currently on puréed foods. Which is so much better than all liquid. So, I guess what I would like to know is: is it silly that I'm kinda scared to go to regular food? I've seen sooo much talk about getting stuck and vomiting. I don't like to vomit!! Lol.

Really good to hear from a male that is willing to share with such a good attitude about paying it forward. I feel that same as you do about helping others and in addition I will never deny anyone of help regardless of their questions or grammer or spelling or.........on these forums. Thank you!

I do have a question for you. I'm still at a halt on weight loss (plateau) for months. I have 20 more lbs. to go to meet my first goal of changing my BMI from Obese to overweight. I exercise daily and have tried decreasing and increasing my caloric intake and still find myself at the same weight. Recently I injured my foot and had to stop exercising for a few weeks and put on 8 lbs. I have decent restriction and have an appointment soon for a possible fill, however,I probably won't need one is my guess. My question to you is, along your journey did you experience any plateaus lasting longer than a couple of months and is there any advice on how to break the darn thing. Jake

Hey Jake, welcome my banded brother from another mother! CONGRATS on your goal to Flo the inner fat kid. Wow,lotta peepz getting busted up while working out. Sorry to hear bout it. Have to think, been 6 years out now.. definitely hit plateau, as far as lasting months... longest I can recall was 1 1/2 months of zilch.... it can be due to weather, where do you live Jake? Humidity doe's it often. You said you haven't gone Godzilla, are you under more stress then usual? That too can be factor. Funny part is I went thru more than enough for 2 people my entire time, and did the opposite, dropped lbs faster than a bulimic b***h. . About 15 lbs every two weeks. Hit me up on private message, we can talk more and see how I can help deal?

Hey Dori,

Congrats to you too!! Funny never did meet anyone who did like hurling yet.. sure hope I don't too... Yeeesh. ..REBEL, that's it.. now the El bandittos are going to have to mess I up!!! o_O. .I say if it ain't broke, don't fix it. If you've kept it down.. booooyaaaah to you! Nothing wrong with making use of the blender & sm-arts! Oh this coming from the Original Band Maverick . All names and likesness has been copyrighted :-P