Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

My surgery is tomorrow and I'm already kind of nervous!

Are there any tips/tricks that I should know before surgery? It's going to be outpatient surgery, but is there anything I need to bring with me to the hospital? Anything that you wish you knew before you went that you want to share?

Thanks!!

Mine too!! Good luck!

I'd say just make sure you have your meds by the time you get home and to get up and start walking as soon as you can. My experience was that the actual procedure area wasn't what was the most painful, it was the gas pain that forms in your shoulder area (generally). The best thing for that is to get up and walk around. It helps the gas bubble to move and eventually dissipate. Gas X didn't work for me for that, but liquid tyelonol 3 did. So I would recommend speaking with your surgeon about that, prior to start of surgery so you don't forget once you get the lovely hospital meds :)

me three! right after you! lol

Mine too!! Good luck!

Had mine on Monday - pretty easy but I am very tender in the naval area where I have two small incisions. Things at the hospital were fine, other than the endless checking of personal information. Staff were wonderful as were my surgeons.

I took a small fan, my own pillow which made me more comfortable but either way I was glad to get out of that hospital bed! I was very surprised how much Fluid I could drink - even in the afternoon following surgery - I sipped my way through a whole Isopure Protein drink and some hot chicken broth with no problem. I didn't have too much problem with gas in my shoulders, but some intestinal gas once I started intaking Fluid, but GasX worked for me and I am still taking it 3-4 times a day.

Good luck to everyone, I am glad mine is over and the next stage has begun - I am resting at home until Monday when it's back to the surgeon and starting my soft food stage plus going back to work. Am off to start my food journal now and will check in online next few days to see how you are all doing!

Best,

Rachel

My surgery is tomorrow also!! I am scheduled for noon. I'm very excited. The nervous part hasn't really kicked in yet. I'm sure it will though!!

Scheduled for tomorrow also have to be there at 6:30. :/

I hope everyone's surgery goes well!! My time got moved up to 8:30am. I'm already so anxious!!

It was pretty funny for me yesterday. I kept telling my family that I wanted to go home and not go through with the surgery. It hit me about 20 min 'til surgery that's there was no going back. And now that its all done and over with, I am so happy with my band!

Momo I feel as though I will have the same feelings that you did prior to surgery. I have never had a surgery before nor have I ever had to stay in the hospital so needless to say I get myself easily freaked out about the surgery. I just have to keep reminding myself that the outcome will be worth it

Take a small pillow or something to put between you and the seat belt. Will keep seat belt from being so painful on incisions.

Best wishes to all who recently been banded and are recovering.

Good luck to all who will be in surgery tomorrow.

I defiantly wish I brought Gas strips to the hospital. The gas pain was the hardest part for me. I thought it was pain from the surgery but turns out it was gas. Also when I was able to start sleeping on my stomach I would lay face down on a heating pad right on my stomach that helped me soo much to relieve gas. I also found hot liquids like Soup or tea helped to loosen and relax the band and cold Water or ice pops made it tight and uncomfortable when I was healing. Good luck and congrats on the first day of your new life ;)

I defiantly wish I brought Gas strips to the hospital. The gas pain was the hardest part for me. I thought it was pain from the surgery but turns out it was gas. Also when I was able to start sleeping on my stomach I would lay face down on a heating pad right on my stomach that helped me soo much to relieve gas. I also found hot liquids like Soup or tea helped to loosen and relax the band and cold Water or ice pops made it tight and uncomfortable when I was healing. Good luck and congrats on the first day of your new life ;)

I'm sorry meant to write GasX. The strips you put on your tongue like Listerine strips. Life savers guys!

My surgery is tomorrow and I'm already kind of nervous!

Are there any tips/tricks that I should know before surgery? It's going to be outpatient surgery' date=' but is there anything I need to bring with me to the hospital? Anything that you wish you knew before you went that you want to share?

Thanks!![/quote']

Take baggy clothes. GasX. You'll do great! Good luck!

Sent from my DROID RAZR using LapBandTalk