Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Help! Need To Get Back On Track

Help! I have unfortunately learned to "eat around" the band and have stopped losing weight. Ive only lost about 31 pounds in 1 1/2 years and because I have figured out a way to cheat...I do! There is a reason I am overweight in the first place. Does anyone have words of wisdom/inspiration that might help?

Have you visited with a counselor or a psychologist to try and find the root of why you're overweight and why you're sabotaging yourself?

It is all about the mental dialogs you have with yourself. Do not allow negativity to destroy your desire. Yes you can!

I feel like I am in the same boat as you.. Can defiantly relate. I too am getting a reboot. Have you gone to get a fill recently? I feel like it really helped get me back on track.

I know all the ways to cheat as well, but after all we are only cheating ourselves..

Your thought process is so foreign to me? I just never thought about failure. Never even considered eating around the band. Oh, I sometimes get so hungry I might open a can of Soup and suck it down but it's always around 200 calories.

I guess I just wanted this more than some. I dreamed about it. Fantasized about being thin again. For me, my kids, grandkids, wife, it means my life to me. I don't know where one finds the strength or commitment to make this work but if you really want it, you'll find it. You won't find it from others, it's got to be you.

tmf

I agree...it has to be something you want.

I wanted, and needed this more than anything....

If they told me all I could ever eat again was bread and Water for the rest of my life, AND promised me I would never be hungry, I would still ask "Where do I sign up"

food is my enemy....it has done more harm than good. I am thrilled that the band has taken away my hunger and cravings...I don't miss it.

But back to your question, is your band properly adjusted?

Have you, or did you have adequate restriction? Comfortably in the Green Zone?

Many people complain about this and that, and they have not even gotten out of the adjustment phase yet!

Took me 7 months to find my "Groove"

If you were at the point once, then I would recommend at least 1 full week of liquids to shrink your pouch, and get your head straight.

Then re-introduce food slowly and correctly, same as you did for the post surgery routine.

In other words, start over as if it was the day after surgery.

I have a lapband and had lost 100 pounds. I have put 20 back on. I have lost my focus. I am not eating right, suffering from low blood sugar and trying to decide between adding more Fluid to my band (I already throw up more than I should) and joining Wt. Watchers or Myfitnesspal. I exercise alot and often. Has anyone ever fallen off the wagon and managed to crawl back on, find their seat and start enjoying the ride again?????

I HOPE THAT YOU WILL GET YOUR HEAD ON STRAIGHT SOON.

IF SOME ONE ASKS ME FOR MOTIVATION i TELL THEM TO HAVE SOMEONE TAKE A PHOTO OF THEM FROM THE BACK SIDE. GUESS WHAT IT WORKS.

YOU ARE RIGHT.....YOU ARE ONLY CHEATING YOURSELF...YOUR ARE WORTH MORE THAN CHEATING....BEST OF LUCK...I KNOW YOU CAN DO IT. GET STRONG...FIGHT ALL THE DRAGONS AND FIND THE ANGELS.

Hi HELP!! I wanted to respond to your post in hopes that I might be able to help you. I understand your frustration. I told my Dr he now needed to develope a band for my brain because I too figured out yet another way to sabotage my weight loss efforts. I will finish this post if it gets to you. It has been a long time since I've been on this site and I have fallen from grace recently and am on my way back. Respond back so that I know I'm doing this right and I'll let you know what's working for me. Live With Passion!

Guess what? your human!!! don't beat yourself up over it, now you pick yourself up, dust yourself off, say " $h!t happens and get back on the horse! everyone makes mistakes, I know i certainly did, hell still do.... bottom line is you made the 1st step, you admitted your error, and went as far as looking for support. Keep the Faith, think of how good your going to look,feel soon!

Dear Lapband friends, Thank you so much for your responses. Only a person that has been there really understands the food battles that some of us fight. I have had my band for 3 years. It took me about 6-7 months to find my way. Things were great after that. The a year ago it went amuck. I have had a few problems with my band and had to have it corrected a about 2 years ago. PLEASE KEEP ME IN YOUR THOUGHTS AND PRAYERS AND STAY IN TOUCH. I need some accountability.

Guess what? your human!!! don't beat yourself up over it, now you pick yourself up, dust yourself off, say " $h!t happens and get back on the horse! everyone makes mistakes, I know i certainly did, hell still do.... bottom line is you made the 1st step, you admitted your error, and went as far as looking for support. Keep the Faith, think of how good your going to look,feel soon!

Hey Steve..... I LOVE THAT RESPONSE. You are so right and that is exactly what I've done. I love your attitude!! Keep it!!!

Well Sheila,

It's only the honest truth, it really comes down to learning to eat to live, not live to eat. Trust me like i've said many of times deep insde me my inner fat kid is still lurking, he tries to take control at times, but it really has to come from inside one self, Each person must learn to have self control. I could easily have band opened and eat like i'm going to chair again but I refuse to. I wish i could have the same positive attitude with other aspects of my life as i do with my weight control. Oh well if we were are sane all the shrinks would be unemployed, Guess i'm doing my part to keep economy afloat huh? LOL keep in touch always love making new friends. :)

Thank you everyone for responding and giving me ideas. I haven't been back to the doctor in a while. Last time I was there I had been bringing stuff up fairly frequently but I refused to have it loosened. I think I did myself harm in doing that...because I couldn't eat properly I started drinking calories, often in the form of milkshakes etc. I am going to schedule an appointment with my doc ASAP and see if he can loosen it slightly...then do full liquids to shrink the pouch. Thanks for all the help everyone!

Hi HELP!! I wanted to respond to your post in hopes that I might be able to help you. I understand your frustration. I told my Dr he now needed to develope a band for my brain because I too figured out yet another way to sabotage my weight loss efforts. I will finish this post if it gets to you. It has been a long time since I've been on this site and I have fallen from grace recently and am on my way back. Respond back so that I know I'm doing this right and I'll let you know what's working for me. Live With Passion!

Sheila you are so right! I need a band for my brain! Ive heard it called "head hunger" and its probably more driving (for me) than actual physical hunger. Suppose its called emotional eating.

NWGirl...No I haven't been, or I should say in the past I have been but if any of them could figure out why I eat so much and was able to help he/she would be RICH because I would tell everyone! I do think its all about your inner voice.

Thanks again all!