Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Opinions And Your Experience Please

Good afternoon everyone!!

Well I had my 1st fill today! Wasn't bad at all. I'm just curious to know everyone else's statistics and experience with fills, weight loss etc!!!

5/31/12 pre-op diet started. Weight 217

6/11/12 pre-op consult with doc. Weight 210

6/17/12 surgery. 10cc band with 1.8cc fill. Weight 206

7/17/12 first fill of 1cc. Weight 194

I now have a total of 2.8cc.. The Water afterwards went down easily but I could tell a difference. The doc said I am ahead of my weight loss goals. But I can't help but feel like I'm not doing enough. I eat less than 1100 calls a day, work out on average 1hr 6 days a week. I know patience is needed but I guess I'm just frustrated with the 1cc fill.

How has everyone else's experience been?

My stats are all in my signature. I've found it to be the best way to track and update everything. See below :)

My surgeon also said yesterday that I was way ahead of the ideal progression of losing a pound every 7-10 days. Between my first and second fill, he said ideally to keep on pace I should have lost 3-4 lbs. I had lost 10. I know it may slow down, but am hoping with the persistant hard work I'm putting in that I can keep up this pace until I hit my goal.

I had 4 fills in total I have 7.5 cc in a 10 cc band.

I have lost 156 lbs and reach my goal in just under 14 months.

Tom, Toronto

Banded July 6 06

Wt. Loss: 156 lbs

tomander@bell.net

That is awesome you two!! I am very much in anticipation to lose more weight!! I know my patience struggles!! Whatbim worried about is the fact I do work out a lot and notice inches being lost, but I think I am replacing with more muscle mass....

My first fill was 4 weeks after surgey, 4 cc's.

2nd fill was 2 cc's 4 weeks after that.

In between the 2 fills I GAINED weight, because I had no self control,and I was never good at dieting.

3 rd fill was 4 weeks after the 2nd, 1 cc for a total of 7cc.

That one did the trick, did not need anymore fills for over a year. Steadily lost weight, hunger and cravings under control. Green Zone

Hit my goal 12 months after surgery, still loosing although more slowly now., maybe 1 lb a month

I battle the scale every day! Why i even get on the darn thing I don't know! This last weekend i was up about 4 lbs and I was/am disgusted but come friday I will be right where I started. I have plenty of restriction and eat very small healthy portions. With a loss of over 80lbs in a little over a year the doc says I am doing good

My stats are below also. I had no restriction til the first fill. Then I got 2.6 cc but that wore off in about a week. Got 3 more cc at 2nd fill last week and I honestly thought it was a bit overfilled, but it has calmed down now and I am having to take small bites and chew well really for the first time in this process. I got stuck 2-3 times last week. It has been a real learning experience, but if I chew well, I am quite full with 1/2-1 cup of food for at least 4 hours and I am losing well. Hope I am in or near the green zone. You are on your own with willpower til you get restriction.

I have my stats in my signature too. I harangue spot yesterday and had lost 8# in 3 weeks so they asked me to wait another 3 weeks to see if I need a fill. I ambeing hyperbigilant about foods. How long it takes to eat. Calories. Carbs and exercise. I feel some restriction but I also make 4 oz proteinand 1/4 c veggies last for 15-20 minutes. So I have 50% physical and 50% mental restriction!

Thank you all for sharing... I have zero restriction, but I do notice a little bit more of a full feeling. The fill was yesterday and they wanted me on liquids for 2days but I needed some nutrition because the protien shakes and Soups were not working, so I started mushies one meal earlier tonight. I was only able to eat 1/2 cup and even that wasn't finished. I pray I can make it though the next 4 weeks!! Thanks again for sharing and for all of the support!!!

I guess I'm confused by the statment I don't have any restriction but have a full feeling . That is the start of restriction. Restriction does not mean the band STOPS you from eating certain foods. Don't plan on that! As you get MORE restriction follow your doctors postfill orders. It will be REALLY important later on. My doctor says 24 hours of full liquids then 24 hours mushies. When you have more fill adding mushies too early will lead to PB incidents which will be bad for you.

Have more of the foods you are allowed rather than adding foods you are not allowed.