Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I may be over reacting but I am not sure what to think. I am 7 weeks post op, and I feel like I did before I had surgery, I can eat more, I get hungry more often, I have been trying to stick to the basics and it has been hard. I will catch myself eating too fast and slow down, after I eat I feel like I have something stuck in my throat it does not bother me and goes away within min. Not to mention I have not lost any more weight. Which I am ok with my main concern is being healthy and not having a slippage or something to that affect. With a slippage is it possible to not have any symptoms? I have seen the dr once and have an appointment on Sat to do my first fill. I am not sure what to expect and I would hope they would do an x ray before they do the fill. What can I expect for my first fill? I have brought up my concerns to the dr and he tells me it is normal to feel this way and not to focus on what could be wrong. Any advice?

Until you are adjusted (fills) It is just like before surgery. This takes time and everyone reacts the same way. Very normal and so is your reaction. Everyone goes through all that in the beginning.

You are the same as before surgery....until you have some fills and get to YOUR restriction point.

Stick to it and do watch what you are eating.

My doc's fills....take around 1 minute. I had to stand at first..now I lay down. He manipulates your tummy to find the port. Bing Bang Boom...your done....no pain.....later down the road you could get an over fill.....not pleasent...but fixable. Good Luck....

I can only share my experiences with fills. I've had two so far, my second one just this morning. The surgeon and I talk for a few minutes; what have you been eating, have you been exercising, and he reviews my weight. He gives me time to ask questions, then we discuss the amount to put in my band. The first fill he did 3 cc's. Today, since I had lost 14 lbs last month (he expects 3-4 a month), he said he hesitates to put in another 3 cc's because it may be too aggressive. He opted to put in 1.5 cc, bringing me up to 4.5 cc's total.

As for the actual fill, it's a breeze. I lay on the exam table and lift up my shirt to my port area. He feels for the port with his (gloved) hands - usually has me do an abdominal crunch so it's easier to feel, then wipes down the area with rubbing alcohol. He then takes the syringe that has the Fluid in it, pokes it into the port, injects a small amount, draws back to make sure he's totally in the port, then pushes the rest of the Fluid in. It doesn't hurt at all, and takes about 1 minute from start to finish. A little circle bandaid over the injection site and I'm good to go. He has me drink a small cup of Water before I leave to make sure it passes then I schedule to see him again in a month. Quick and painless!

From what I've read and heard about a slippage - - with a true slippage you should have symptoms. Most people cannot even get fluids down. As for eating too fast, that's a HARD habit to break. One that I still struggle with. Try not to let yourself get too hungry. When I get too hungry, I get ravenous, and eat way too fast.

I am about 7 weeks post op as well and have had 2 fills. Getting some restriction now but I understand your concerns. I have them too. My weight went Dow quickly the I gained about 5 pounds back. I am disappointed but realize its a long journey and I've got a lot to learn. You'll know exactly what restriction means when it finally happens. It's a great feeling, it empowered me to stop eating such large portions. Good luck to you, the fills are a breeze just go slow for your first real meal afterwards.

My doc does a similar fill. But does not ask me how much to put in. I have a 10 cc band and my doc is very very carefull. He does not like to un fill at all. I had 1 unfil and now he doesnt want to do fills on me any more.

I agree with the doc about your focus. Have you thought about the exercise that you are going to do? I suggest that you measure your food. As your band get restriction IT will tell you that you are full. But do not expect it to do it right now. Don't over eat. Try to just have 1 cup of food per meal. Your object with this band is to lose weight. It is just a tool. You have to do work to get the too going.

The book Bandwagon is a great book. I think you will love it. We are all here to help. But you need to help you....hugs. Don't worry about your fill its a breeze and a prick.................

Thank you so much everyone. It feels good to know it is normal:) There have been a few times I was scared I did something wrong.

I am 11months banded and still have to remind myself to take small bites and eat slow