Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Moving To Ct

kbells85
Sign in to follow this  

Hey everyone! I'm going to be moving to Milford, CT in the next couple of weeks and I'd love to get to know anyone else in the area that has been banded.

We've all had our ups and downs with our band progress but I'm not necessarily looking for someone to "mentor" me...just someone that will understand what specific challenges we face. It'll be nice to have someone who lives nearby to commiserate with when the going gets tough and we can hopefully keep each other motivated.

So if you live anywhere remotely close to Milford, I'd love to hear from you so we can get to know each other! Feel free to either reply here or send me a message :)

hi, saw your post i live in Port Chester, NY about 1 hr from Milford Ct. i was banded in '06 lost 160 lbs my name is steve and always looking for a new friend. feel free to message me if your interested.

Nice, good for you!! Is there much of a support system in the area for you or do you pretty much get that through this site?

Been banded 6 yrs no support groups needed for me, unaware of any but certain the hospital in Milford should have something.

Been banded 6 yrs no support groups needed for me, unaware of any but certain the hospital in Milford should have something.

Oh my bad in my area.. again unaware but good idea, shall look into perhaps I can be of some help there too thanks Kbells! !

That's some confidence, lol...sounds like you're doing pretty well 6 years out but don't rule out that someday you may want/need some support of your own again! :)

LOL...no hardly that confident. .. it's been a struggle, hard when life gets in way and food was a comfort,and that comfort has been compromised.. when are you moving to Milford, what's your name,by the way. Think I mentioned my name was Steve.

Oh I never do why else would I be on here? Never stop learning, I have a huge thirst for knowledge. . Felt I can do both get help/advice. And offer my knowledge being one who has been through all the stages, sorry if I come off as arrogant, trust me,farthest thing from this kid.

I'll be moving in a couple of weeks. Knowledge is def a good thing! Especially in this type of a situation where you'll have some struggles pop up every now and then throughout your whole life (I would imagine, anyway, lol). My name is Kelly, btw. Sorry I left that out earlier!

well, hello Kelly.. lol.. pleased to meet you, Yes it's without a doubt. Tell me about you, have you been banded yet, if so when & how's progress going? age, where do you live now? Why Milford? Sorry for the interrogation. :-)

Never Surrender

Haha no worries, hopefully I don't forget any of the questions lol. I was banded about a year ago and am down approx. 65. I was hoping to be further along than I am but my current employer switched my insurance company in January and I haven't been able to find an office that accepts my insurance. I know I need a fill badly but I don't have the money to pay for someone out of network. I'm hoping that with this new job, I'll be able to get back into an office and get myself on track again.

As for the other questions, I'm 27 and knew that my current job was temporary so I could get my masters. Now that I graduated, I'm moving back to CT so I can be closer to family again.

What about you? Have you moved around a lot? What are some of the struggles you've had with the band and how did you overcome them?

Well finally some info, lol... well I'm sorry that job jammed you like that. Sucks to be at a lull. Congrats on your new chapter! 65 so far, good! Unfortunately don't know of any hospitals or Dr's in CT, nevermind Milford... I can however give you the info for my Dr. She doe's fills out of office in Westchester, White plains. She will also work with you on payment for fill until insurance kicks in. She's is one of the best in NY, she did Al Rockers gastric bypass and Muhammad Ali's daughter, Kayla. She's based out of NYU. where are you moving from, to move back home? As for me, I was spawned and raised in NY,44 divorced, have 11 ye old son from marriage, engaged to fiancée, trials & tribulations. .. way to many to tell in one sitting

Never Surrender

Congrats on the engagement! Were you together before your surgery? I'm moving from Long Island. Thanks for the tip about your doctor, I think I'm gonna try to find someone more locally though. I'm glad you found a doctor you like, it can be tough out there! Haha

Thanks, no date set yet still trying to dig myself out before i take the Nestea plunge, What about yourself, anyone special in your life? No actually I met her after i was banded, I was still married at the time i was banded, I filed for divorce a year after i had the band done. No my band had no bearing on my marriage ending, That happened a long time ago, but made peomise to self to try to make it work as best i could for as long as i could for my Son's sake. I'm sorry You mentioned you just got your masters. Gongrats to you as well! What is your major? Where did you attened college in Long Island? Ah no problem I figured i give you an option if you were unsucsessful in finding a dr. for now. Oh yeah i got real lucky with my Dr. she is awsome. Hey did you ask your surgeon if they could forward you to someone in Milford? May be worth a shot if you haven't already.