Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Those Recently Banded: Whats Ur First Short Term Goal?

my short term goal is to hit 300...13 lbs to go!!!

Hello, banded on 6/26/12 and my primary motivation has been improved health. My goal is normalization of blood sugars and reduction in blood pressure.

While on liquid diet, pre and immediate after surgery, my numbers for both were quite good. BUT, as I have introduced solids the numbers are again rising... I suspect poor food choices. While weight loss is important, my primary wish is to be healthy and realistic.

Continued success to all you banders and thank you for being an understanding community!

What a great topic! I was banded 6/25/12. I am at 205. I can't wait to be under 200. It 's been almost 8 years since I was under 200. I seem to be losing slower than most of you. I lost 12 lbs on my own in May then lost 7 lbs on the two wks of liquids. I have lost 11 lbs since surgery for a total of 30 lbs., (18 lbs since pre-op diet). I tried everything and couldn't lose wt and if I did I alway regained it plus a few more. I haven't taken any meds for a month, I am off everything. I can't believe it! My goal is to be 195 by 8/11/12. I am going to my high school reunion. I also want to stay committed to my walking. It's so easy to talk myself out of it when I come home tired. Good luck everyone,we can do it!

I was banded 6-18-12 and having 1st fill on 7-26-12. I was at 235 the 1st day of liquid diet. Day of surgery I was 222 and 4 weeks later I'm at 212. Until my 1st fill I'm just trying to maintain. My 1st goal is to get below 200 which I haven't been in 19 years. It is inspiring to read all of the success stories and they keep motivated.

My short term goal is to loose 5 more pounds so I can have another sleep study it would bring me under 180 and praying my sleep apnea is resolved???¤???¤???¤

I just had my surgery July 9,2012 kn the liquids now and j am STARVING. HELP!!!

Hang in there it will get better,

Lassie

Yay! Love to hear these goals and successes! So encouraging! Keep it up, everyone!!! Keep us updated!!

Banded may 11th... First short term goal is to be at 233... Started at 273 so that would be a 40 lb weight loss... Am at 242 as of today... So only 9 more pounds.... Now I will need to think of a new short term goal...

I was banded June 20 at 246 pounds today I weight 233 pounds! Loosing slower than some I see, lol! My short term goal is to 200'pounds by the end of September let's see how it goes! Getting my first fill at the beginning of aug hopefully it will help me!

Sent from my iPad using LapBandTalk

Banded 6/21 and at 263 right now. Would love to see 250 by 9/21...a special scooter rally weekend! Will be seeing friends who haven't seen me since May :)

Banded 6/21 and at 263 right now. Would love to see 250 by 9/21...a special scooter rally weekend! Will be seeing friends who haven't seen me since May :)

Hey! I'm at 263 right now and want to be at 250 (well 249) by mid sept too! We have same goal ahead! Keep me updated!!

Starting weight 227- banded on 6/28 have lost 16lbs including pre op diet so far and goal is to be under 200 by 8/23 which is my birthday.