Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

July Bandsters....lets Here You....

I'm really glad you got that unfill and things are better for you! It's my birthday today and I got myself an ice cream cake and that is going down way too easy, I'll put on at least a couple of pounds from this as I'm eating pretty much all of it by myself (still have the binging problem creep in occasionally, but no where near like I was before the band), but I made myself throw the rest away so no more of that for today. Ugh, I really hate that I do this, but the damage is done and I shall move on. And my fill from this week seems to have helped as long as I eat solid, good foods, not ice cream :). Hope everyone has a great Sunday!

BTW, has anyone gotten there metabolism tested since losing a good amount of weight? I partially think I'm not losing anymore because my calories are off and I was thinking about doing this.

Feeling so discouraged I have gained 2 pounds, I honestly don't know what I'm doing wrong but I just am going no where. I can not get a fill because I get stuck to often as it is.

Oh well in other Lindabug news my daughters wedding was amazing it was beautiful and hot in Savannah!!! I will post some pics if I can get this darn thing to work!

Hope everyone has a great week! Miss my lbpeeps

Hey Linda, do you track your calories and food, that really helps? I bounce around with 5 lbs, but have it under control and know when to expect the scale to go up (ie. ice cream cake for my birthday :)) and how to get it back down. Just a thought, I really like My Fitness Pal and there are a lot of bandsters over there, I'm 2012ALM if you join and want to be friends. It's a pain in the butt to get in the habit, but once you get started, it's not so bad.

Hi all...Linda, I know exactly how you feel...I feel like a toad right now, but I've been eating like there's no tomorrow.

After that awful ordeal with my band being over-filled, once I got that Fluid removed I am ALMOST free as a bird, but eating like a vulture. Well, maybe not THAT bad, but a little too freely.

I am afraid to get on the scale, too, so that doesn't help at all.

Amy, I NEED to get moving. I know that would help so much...but you're right, starting is the hardest part and I just can't seem to get there. Now is the time...weather is still nice'ish here in Indy, and I do have a membership at LA Fitness so I need to get back to ZUMBA...ugh. Just have to START.

Anyway, it IS a constant struggle...forever, I'm afraid. With me, its SWEETS. I can really REALLY pack them in. Yesterday, I bought a package of those "sugar wafer" cookies; I ate ONE HALF of the package and threw the rest away. At least I had SOME sense...still, I can really eat those things. And its like a magnet, when I'm at the store, to put them in the cart. I did pretty good there for a while, then just let myself fall back into the sewer. LOL

Anyway, its one day at a time.

I see the dietician and surgeon next Monday. I feel like I'm in for a lecture. I don't know if I need a fill or not...its just so scary because I am SO SO SO SENSITIVE to too much...makes me sick as a dog. But if I could find just the right GREEN PLACE, between what the Doc put in and then what was taken out...I think I'd be in the right spot. But its scary. And no, I'm not measuring or watching or being careful at all. Nothing will manage that except ME. CHOICES CHOICES CHOICES.

Keep on keepin' on, girls! We've come such a long way...let's see it through!

Kim

You can do it Kim! If it makes you feel any better, I killed a whole box of vanilla wafers this past weekend. I hate my sweet tooth and wish I could just kill it somehow, so I totally relate to the sweet cravings. I'm getting a slight unfill tomorrow, I keep getting stuck every day and I'm tired of it, I love where I'm at satiety wise, but hate getting stuck. I'm still within my 2 years of fills, so I can always go back for more if need be if this unfill ends up not being good.

I hope all is well with everyone and we've got this and can do this!

Oh and Kim, you are a neighbor to me, I'm in Kentucky, Northern Kentucky, close to Cincinnati. I went to Dr. Curry for surgery.

Hey everyone...time for a little venting...

I was supposed to see my surgeon - and the dietician - this past Monday (yesterday)...I didn't want to go, b/c I know I've gained some weight...so I didn't want to face it. I rescheduled my appt, HOPING that, because at the time they were so booked the receptionist didn't think they could see me BEFORE CHRISTMAS, I'd be off the hook and would have time to turn this ship around a little!!...except I know I'd just keep eating.

So, then she called this morning and I took a Nov 5 slot...this means I have to really get a grip all this week, so I won't be any worse than I am right now. I'm feeling SO LUMPY AND FRUMPY right now.

So what did I do? I took myself out for Mexican for lunch. REAL Mexican - not Taco Bell. I went to a local sit-down and had myself a burrito and chips. It was FABULOUS...except that I have NO restriction at all and ate nearly the whole thing. I left there feeling horrible and knew I would not eat the rest of the day.

And I haven't. Not even a drink.

So the rest of the week I have to watch my p's and q's and steel myself for the reality when I step on the scale next week. I just don't want the lecture.

I KNOW what to do. I KNOW how to measure portions, but frankly, I don't want to feel like I'm on Weight Watchers. Ever again.

I did go to ZUMBA last night. Kept up except for not really knowing the routines...had a sweat. Wanted to go this evening, but my hubby is traveling and my guys had lots of homework so I needed to stay and get them situated. So maybe I can manage something tomorrow. Even if its just a walk. Have to move.

Other than over-doing it today, generally speaking I really am comfortable where I am right now. Would I LOVE to lose 20 more? Yes. But do I want to work at it? No.

I worry about a fill because I am SO SO SO sensitive to it. If I thought I could find that 'happy place' between where I was BEFORE the last fill and what we ended up removing...I think that could work. And it might be just THE place to settle in for the next 20-25. But its kinda scary.

Just pray I can manage to keep my mouth wired shut and stay away from the Cookies. Other thing, I'm literally sitting on top of FOUR BAGS of Christmas candy - Ghirardelli squares (peppermint/white choc), kisses, mixed Nuggets, and two other HUGE bags. I make little holiday favors/gifts for craft fairs, so that's why I bought them. I MUST control myself...I could eat the whole bag of Ghirardellis or the Reece's trees. OH.MAN. Today I ate only ONE Reece's tree. PROGRESS. lol

My clothes are not feeling too tight, thankfully, but I can just "feel" it in my abdomen - which is where I carry my weight -- I feel bloated.

Anyway, that's where I am. Not happy but dreading the cold hard truth. And I know I just have to do the right things and it'll all be fine.

Hubby and I are taking a cruise early December. Maybe I can get my head wrapped around that and try a little harder to control myself and get off a couple more # by then. However, if I don't, I'll still have a wonderful time. You see EVERYTHING on a cruise. Actually, in some cases, I feel REALLY good about myself. LOL!

Hope everyone is doing all right. I'm up later than usual and about to call it a day. Trying to finish up a few things, but I'm done.

Hugs,

Kim

Well it seems like since they changed the website no one is around. I just wanted to say hello to my lb friends. Not much has changed here except, no lose no gain no new fills but I do have another hernia. I am putting off surgery for a while. It is small so just have to be careful.

Just wanted to say Merry Christmas everyone!!!

Lindabug

WOW...I thought I had lost my mind or something...everything looks so different!! I 'thought' it was "lapbandtalk" but when I came to the site, it didn't look the same - and wasn't called the same! -- so I didn't venture in. Computer crashed so all my saved places were 'out there' and I lost all my log-in info....but FINALLY I've found our group again!

I'VE MISSED TALKING TO YOU ALL!! HOW ARE YOU??

I'm in the same rut I've been in for MONTHS....cannot seem to get past the 40-42 mark. Its the darn sweets, I just know it. That and its been a LONG winter here in IN so I haven't exercised at all...

Saw my surgeon last month; he was okay that I'd pretty much stayed the same over the winter, but would really like me to get 10 more off, then "see" about going another 10. I just cannot seem to get on with it.

And I've been ignoring some band issues, where I really struggle to eat the good stuff. Some days I can't even get a shake/smoothie down. And right, now I'm gagging on a cookie (which I deserve)...ugh.

I don't want to have Fluid removed; I feel that'll just put me back to eating too much, even good stuff. But I'm really REALLY miserable most of the time.

As I've said before, I'm ULTRA sensitive to over-fills, and this has been going on for several months. So, UGH. just not sure what to do here.

Would love an update from all of you...victories and set-backs.

Best,

Kim

Hi all, boy it's been a rough year so far and I've been off my diet a lot. I have gained about 5 lbs :( I had a fill over a month ago and got very sick so had it removed at that time they removed all of it because I felt so horrible. Went back after getting over being sick and got fill back in but not much so now I'm eating way to much, hungry all the time and miserable. I go back tomorrow for another fill. I have got to get on track again and it's going to take a lot of will power which I feel I have lost, it doesn't help that I have a lot of emotional issues right now. I stay upset all the time and don't know what to do anymore :( Sorry to be such a downer

Kim, I know exactly what you are talking about I've been the same way so much so I could have written that.

Linda...

today is another "gag" day for me. I wake up hungry, but know not even a shake will go down. So, after running a couple errands, I came home and fixed a bowl of ice cream with crumbled sugar-cone on top. Even this is sticking. Ugh.

Its where I just am afraid to eat ANYTHING. I dread mealtime because I know I won't be able to enjoy it...and like you, I'm afraid of removing Fluid b/c I know I'll just eat everything in sight.

Am I glad I did the band? YES. But I sure do wish I could find that 'green zone' they talk about so I don't feel like I'm going to die every time I put ANYTHING in my mouth. I do hate this.

I know all about emotional eating...but right now, I can't even do that!!

HANG IN THERE. I'm learning to be happy where I am NOW...and just think, "If I lose more, great. If not, great. I like me HERE." Thing is, that really IS where my head is. My hubby is so pleased w/ where I am now, so who cares if I lose any more???

See the surgeon next week. Will see what his take is. I just know I do feel pretty miserable.

HI girls....thought I'd check in...

Re-read our recent posts and here's where I am right now...

I was scheduled to see my surgeon today; got a call on Friday that he was called out of town...SO, went to the the PA that works alongside him (in another location).

I explained to her my issues (still on-going since my post in November)...food randomly sticking...then I can eat fine for a day, then for 2 days can't eat anything, etc....

So, her concern was that the band may have slipped...so she ordered an esophagram (drink the goo and get an xray/ultrasound done while you're swallowing)...that showed that the band was fine BUT I might have a minor hiatal hernia!! At least the radiologist thought so...SO, she agreed that it makes the most sense to removed some Fluid, then see the surgeon in about a month. He'll review the pictures and, based on how I'm doing between now and then, decide if its a real "issue" that will need to be addressed or if just removing this tiny bit (.25cc) will make the difference.

I just know I've had days where I do fine, then the next 2 or 3 I can barely tolerate even a smoothie or Soup.

SO, we'll see. I didn't look at the scale today -- didn't want to know....but I do know that I feel great where I am. For church yesterday, I wore a dress I haven't worn in FIFTEEN YEARS!! Yes, 15! It FIT -- not tight, but comfortably...I felt like a million bucks! And THAT is worth it.

I really don't care if I lose another pound. Would it be okay?? CERTAINLY, but I really just want to be able to eat normally and not be afraid to eat for fear of choking or having to run to the bathroom b/c it ain't gonna stay down!!

SO, I'm feeling hopeful.

I am also resigning myself to QUITTING drinking Diet Coke - once and for all. Its probably not THE culprit for any issues, but it certainly might be contributing. I know the aspartame is poison to me, so for lots of reasons I need to just stop drinking it altogether. I'm not a water-drinker, so I can go all day and drink nothing....need to try to do better on that.

Anyway, still struggling w/ the SWEETS...I can make cookie dough and eat it just fine. Ugh.

Need to get out and walk now that the weather here in IN is SPRING'y!!

How are you all doing?? Linda, any improvements on your situation?? Sure hope so.

I KNOW this is all worth it...but it sure ain't a picnic, is it???

BLessings!

Kim