Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

July Bandsters....lets Here You....

Ok Group, our month is here and 1/2 way gone....where are y'all at? I had my surgery Tue 7/10 and I feel ok. I don't think I am drinking enough so I have to work on that. The gas pains weren't too bad, except now it has moved to my left shoulder. How is everyone? I have heard from a few about y'alls surgery, how is everyone else doing? Getting excited? Scared? Let's hear your thoughts............

Hello

I was banded July 9th....and felt pretty good that day...but since then I have been fighting with drinking enough...and gas pains and muscles aches....dizzy spells vomitted this morning....dry heaves really and 2 days of spitting up foam....

I don't want to jinx myself but I am feeling better this afternoon contacted the clinic a few times....and was told all is normal....haven't transitioned to full liquids yet hopefully tomorrow....so far I am down 26lbs since the start of my pre op diet...

Keep in touch

Kelly

Hello! I was banded July 11th. I felt awful right out of surgery but started feeling better a few hours later. The worse part has been the gas pain. I am moving around as much as I can and that is helping. But I do have more gas in general rumbling around in my belly. It doesn't hurt...it's just noisy! Has anyone else noticed this as well?

Hi all! I will be banded and plicated on July 30th :) I was packing my must haves bag (I live 4 hours away from surgeon) tonight and here is what I have so far: pain meds, chewable vitamins/minerals, Protein Shakes, gas-x strips, peppermint tea, bullion cubes, and heating pad. Anything else that would be helpful? I am getting nervous and want to be as prepared and pain-free as possible!

Hello July Bandsters- I am having surgery on Monday, July 16, and am getting a littler nervous. I am reading through the information from my surgeon as well as the information on this page and hope I have all I need to prepare for Monday. Protein Shakes, chicken broth, pain medication, and I am not sure what else. I have failed on so many diets that I am nervous I won't be successful with the band. And the financial investment is too much for me to fail!! At any rate- please with me well. And best of luck to Ilikebunnies who will have surgery on the 30th.

Best of luck to you to Melissa41! Tomorrow that is so exciting!

Thank you. Less than 24 hours to go now. I'm headed to the store today to buy premade Protein Shakes and other liquids to make sure I am stocked. And I am not sure how all of this will affect my 11 and 14 year old boys who I will still need to cook for! I am hoping all of our family eating habits will change. At any rate- I am more excited than nervous today.

OOOOHhhh tomorrow is so exciting...that was me last Sunday I got my band on July 9th, day of surgery I came home (surgery was at 8am home by 1230) that day I slept alot...but Tues was had to drink and then the gas pain came horrendous for 3 days....however 6 days out still recovering on full liquids now...thankfully....and feeling better just little energy so I am milking my husband for everything...I deserve it....

3 weeks including 2 wks of pre op diet....I have lost 26lbs....yeah me....

Wish you luck....keep the board updated I will be thinking of you tomorrow

Thank you! I will let you know how it goes. I am hoping I can sleep tonight. Keep up the good work. 26 lbs is such a good start. You must be encouraged. I hope you feel better everyday!

Hi all,

I'm scheduled for band & plication on 7/30. I'm very nervous and excited. I'm feeling a bit overwhelmed and under prepared. I don't have my pre op appointment until this thurs 7/19 but I was emailed a diet that I'm suppose to start today.

I see people on here talking about full liquids .....etc. what is the day of surgery like? Pain? Nausea? Diet?

I had surgery today! All went well. I was at the surgery center for the procedure scheduled at 7:30. I was home by 10:00. I have slept a lot today and watched movies. No pain- just sore. I have walked a bit and answered work email. I drank two Protein Shakes from the little boxes and some Water as well. So far so good! I am just so excited to get going on weight loss and being healthier!!

Wow awesome I was thinking of you today I am so glad that you are doing well....take it easy on yourself...no lifting...lots of liquid....

What pain killers did they give you? if it is Percocet....they made me very dizzy when getting up from a sitting or laying....

Let us know how tomorrow is....

Taylor- thank you for the encouragment! I have vicoden (think I am spelling that wrong) but realized I was taking only half the dose I was suppose to. So last night was painful. I'm up to the full dose now and feeling less energy than yesterday. I have a Headache and generally feel pretty gross. But intend to sleep a lot today. I just want to feel a little bit better. Today is my son's 14th birthday and I am wishing I had more energy to make dinner for him. But we celebrated this weekend and he seems okay. Again- thank you for listening!

How are you feeling? How is the eating going?

Hi, I was banded 7/10. The gas was the worst pain, no nausea or vomiting as of yet. Feeling pretty good, just waiting to get the green light to exercise from my doc!!

Ahhhh your son will understand....sucks that you were in so much pain last nite....I was still pretty groggy from the morphine they must have pumped me full before I left....

My eating is getting along....I am so ready to get off liquids but have to wait till Monday....I just want a small sandwich....but have to get that out of my head for now....

Hello Banded in Cali....I just got the green lite today to go back to the gym for treadmill walking only and not to overdo it....no weights or any exercises using stomach muscles....

Keep in touch everyone...we are banded so close together