Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Who Has Lost Over 100 Pounds?!?!

For those of you who lost over 100lbs in a year or year and a half...

Did you hit the ground running, losing since week 1? Did anyone not really start losing until your first fill?

I'm stalled and go for my first fill on Friday and I'm hoping I'll have amazing results like you all. I feel like I'm already behind on the race though!

I had a slow start. The first month or so is for healing and although some people manage to lose within this stage, I did not. So, please don't think you're behind at all! You'll do great!

For those of you who lost over 100lbs in a year or year and a half...

Did you hit the ground running, losing since week 1? Did anyone not really start losing until your first fill?

I'm stalled and go for my first fill on Friday and I'm hoping I'll have amazing results like you all. I feel like I'm already behind on the race though!

I didn't really start losing until like 3 months after I had the band. And even then, it took me another 6 months to get on the ball. I probably only lost like 60 pounds my first 9 months. It has been the last 8 months that I have lost the most weight. It was all about where my motivation was. Please don't get discouraged if weight loss doesn't happen immediately. You can ALWAYS lose the weight. There's no "magic period" with this band.

It took me 1 year, 1 month and 2 weeks to lose my weight. I was pretty slow and steady. I never went to the doc and suprised anyone with the huge amount of weight I lost, but I averaged about 1.5 a week. I have not been committed to working out on a regular basis and don't really watch what I eat, but I have maintained good restriction throughout the year and only eat when I am hungry.

WOW Soo many have been an inspirational person to many others haning or had the surgery! I have lost 70 as thats almost my full amount But CONGRATS YOU THE REST OF U

I didn't really start losing until like 3 months after I had the band. And even then, it took me another 6 months to get on the ball. I probably only lost like 60 pounds my first 9 months. It has been the last 8 months that I have lost the most weight. It was all about where my motivation was. Please don't get discouraged if weight loss doesn't happen immediately. You can ALWAYS lose the weight. There's no "magic period" with this band.

I'm so glad you wrote this! Your post and pics were what I was thinking of when I sent the post. Your loss is amazing. The motivation thing is what's getting me right now, but now I feel better. I get my first fill Friday so hopefully that will help, too.

I'm so glad you wrote this! Your post and pics were what I was thinking of when I sent the post. Your loss is amazing. The motivation thing is what's getting me right now, but now I feel better. I get my first fill Friday so hopefully that will help, too.

I think getting a fill will get you motivated, for sure. You start feeling restriction and you begin to feel control over what you eat. It's empowering. It took me awhile to feel any restriction. But once I did and the weight started to come off (although slow), it was more and more motivating. THEN I found that I just absolutely love outdoor exercise and hate the gym. I found cycling, mostly. I rode my bike to work, to the store, I took long rides every weekend with my friends who also cycle (and introduced me to it). Then I started to like jogging and hiking as well. When it hit winter time I learned to love skiing and snowboarding and showshoeing. I continued to jog in the winter time. With this Tummy Tuck I'm sort of now limited to indoor activities for a few more weeks at least. But I have been going to my cycling league indoor cycling classes.

Anyhow, what I'm saying, basically, is find that one exercise that you can do that motivates you to no end. For me, I forgot about how hard I was working when I was cycling and just focused on hitting the summit of the hill. Once you start to love exercise it just gets better and better. You can do this. We can ALL do this! food has no hold on us and neither do our current bodies. It's about what's inside that counts. It's that inner skinny bitch SCREAMING to get out that we should pay attention to.

You are all so great. Whenever I need motivation I just come back to this thread. I am so proud of all of you and I can't wait to join you! I had a realization the other day...I am going to lose over 100 pounds! It's like it clicked in my brain and became an achievable goal. Thanks for the inspiration!

I have been waiting for what seems like forever to be able to post on this thread. This moring I weighed and had lost 100 lbs. I have averaged .38 lbs per day loss. I feel so good now. I now take no medicine (including Zoloft which I had taken for over 15 years). I have fulfilled my dream of riding horses again and over the christmas holidays logged over 35 miles in 4 days riding in the mountains. It was an awesome experience. Now I want to go to the mountains in Colorado and ride.

Words cannot express the way I now feel about life. I thank God everyday for this opportunity for a second chance at life. I don't know if I would have survived much longer the way I was living. I was in such pain all of the time and my depression was getting serious. I even had a nervous breakdown about 15 years ago. That was then and this is now. The sun shines on me once again and life is good.

Hi guys,

I am putting up my new total

weight loss to date= 158.8

Way to go Neal!!!!!

Dawn

Banded April 4th, 2006

Montreal

358/ 199.2/ 179