Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Who Has Lost Over 100 Pounds?!?!

I LOVE this thread as well, the doctor that is in my area [i moved] (not the Dr. that did my surgery) is so negative towards the band, and I miss my old Doctor! He actually told me that losing 100lbs is not the norm, but I have proven that is not only possible but maintainable. There is not a lot of support from his office, so that is why I joined this group!

IVE LOST 140 AND STILL LOOSING!! :D

I'm almost 5yrs post op, its been VERRRYYY slow, but omg SOOO WORTH IT!! ^_^

Almost 13 months post op. Just reached my goal of losing 150. I have five more to go now! Need to save for plastics now!

Almost 13 months post op. Just reached my goal of losing 150. I have five more to go now! Need to save for plastics now!

Who has lost a 100 pounds before the lap band failed them, or before they had to have another surgery or revised to another surgery.

Just wait, it will happen.

I am so sorry because I believed just like you. I hope you have a long run.

Wow this is what, the 5th thread you've spammed with pure crap?

Seriously, grow the heck up and find a hobby besides acting like a troll.

Hi Awanda,

If your band has failed, that's unfortunate. I'm really sorry to hear that.

Bringing other people down to your disappointment isn't the answer though. I've lost 154 lbs and I did it in a few years time. I'm happier and healthier then ever.

If the band didn't work for you, then maybe you need to find another forum to complain on.

I've lost about 123-still want to lose about 30 more.

Wow congrads to you all! You guys ROCK... real talk! :D I can't wait until I can say the same! Yaaay!

IVE LOST 140 AND STILL LOOSING!! :D

I'm almost 5 yrs post op, its been VERRRYYY slow, but omg SOOO WORTH IT!! ^_^

Congratulation it has been very slow for me too but indeed well worth it.

I lost over 150 lbs in a little over two years but then after a complete unfill in year 4 I gained about 50 lbs in a little over two years but have lost 30 lbs since January. I will be going to the DR tomorrow for a check up and possibly a small fill in my 4 cc band.

I have lost 175 however it was pre lap band, just getting it today! Want to keep off what I have lost as well as lose more. So away I go! Bought a new maxi dress the other day and the clerk said why are you having this doe you don't need it. B eut I still see myself at over 400 pounds. They want me to take body imaging classes so I guess I will when I am close to my goal. Got to run my ride to the hospital is on her way! Blessings!

I'm down 114 so far. About 50 to go!

Well...I can finally post here. I got on the scale this morning...as I do every Sunday morning and it said 166.8. That means officially I am 100.2 pounds down from my pre-banded weight a year ago. I have a goal on my ticker of 150 lbs. based on my doctor's suggestion but I have no intention of changing how I am eating and will let the scale stop wherever it naturally does.

If I lose more and go below 150, great. If I never lose another pound, still great. I met my goal already. I'm able to buy clothes in stores other than Avenue. I'm in misses sizes and not plus sizes. I lost enough weight to have my hip replacement surgery and am still healing but in a much better place as far as pain and mobility. I can see progress every day in terms of my mobility and it is like being reborn. I look normal now and no one stares at the fat woman anymore.

I want to send my thanks to the band for helping me to get to this point, and also to send my thanks to the folks on this site for providing the inspiration and support I needed and still need to succeed in this journey.