Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Today I Am Taking Control!!!

Today is my turn! My turn to take control of my life again! I will NEVER weigh as much as I did 2 weeks ago! This is a fight I will win! Today round 1.

Eye of the Tiger, baby! Eye of the Tiger!! Sorry, it just felt like a good time for a Rocky reference. Good luck on your journey and know that you have lots of support in your corner!

You got this LadyBC. We are in the fight with you girl !

Take that control!!! We got your back!

Keep your eye on the prize!!! End result; healthly weight, happy life!!! :)

Y'all are awesome! So blessed to have y'all in my corner! Eye of the tiger is right!!!

Well I feel a lot better than I had anticipated. I don't have that pain in my left shoulder that everyone has been talking of. My gas pressure is right under my sternum and to my sides under my ribs. So I'm hoping I get better daily instead of get worse before getting better! *fingers crossed*. Thanks y'all!!! Reading everyone's posts makes my heart happy!

YOU GO GIRL!!

GOOD FOR YOU! It makes me smile to see someone start their new path with a great attitude! You can do this! The hard part is done.

We're here for you fighting the good fight! :D

Day 2. I feel good, still the gas pressure under my sternum. But my husband and I are going to go for a walk to see if we can get it moving! I live in Austin Texas where it NEVER rains and of course yesterday that is all it did so I wasn't able to go out and walk....I did get on the elliptical for 2 min then decided against it. I'll wait till I can walk. I do have 2 incisions that are bothering me. 1. B/c they are sore and 2 the dermabond has cracked so it's leaking. I think I'm going to call the office and see if I can steri strip them

Y'all have a good day

DO IT!! :) I'm nearly four years out, and have never regretted my decision for a minute. My life has changed for the better in many ways, and I am incredibly grateful to have found this tool!

Exercise is absolutely key to getting to goal and staying there. That is awesome that you're committing to moving, and when you're cleared for exercise, just keep trying things until you find an activity or two that you love (and believe me, what that is will change over time.... it is SO MUCH easier and more fun to work out as you're carrying 20, 40, 60 or 80+ less pounds less than you used to)!

More power to you!! I hope that you will really enjoy this process and send best wishes for lots of success for you!!

Also -- TAKE YOUR MEASUREMENTS and a bunch of before photos if you haven't yet. You will definitely want them later.

Best wishes,

Catherine

Girl you look AMAZING!!!! Thanks for the advice!!!! How long before do you think before I'm cleared for exercise?

exercise usually comes at 4 to 6 weeks. walking is so good for you!

I'm released to exercise on Monday. I have been walking on the treadmill. And using the elliptical. I'm ready to do some "real" workouts. Check with your surgeon to be sure.