Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

How Quick Are You Losing It?????

Ive had my band for just over 7 months now and I am down 37kg (about 81 pounds). It came of really quickly for the first few months but it's slowed right down the last month or two. I know as u weigh less it takes longer to lose but I still would like to lose another 20kg (45 pound), I'm still not exactly small. How quick is everyone else losing, have any of u hit a similar stall?

Most people hit a plateau sometime on this journey. What u have to do is change things up a little , as lose weight u do actually need a few less calories and i know i had to exercise even harder, sometimes u dont have to chanage anything and can just ride it out, but when u start getting nearer goal its often the case we have to work even harder to get there. Good luck and stay at it , you arent far off from being where u want to be :)

I think as long as we continue to lose (slow or fast), that is a good thing and we should focus on that. (remember, it did not just surprise us one night and the next morning we woke up fat/obese or whatever). it will come off 1/4 pound at a time, the same we gained it.

all the best to you :)

I have been banded since 10/26/11 and am down 88 lbs.. Sometimes it stays the same or fluctuates for a week the a few lbs come off again.. It's slow but I am so happy every lb is worth it!

I'm 4 weeks post op and have lost about 18 pounds. I lost 16 the first week, but have only lost 2 in the past 3 weeks. I know it won't happen overnight, but this seems REALLY slow to me...

Sent from my MB865 using LapBandTalk

I have lost a good amount of weight, it has been slow (1 to 2 lbs. weekly). I agree, as long as it keeps going in the down direction I am happy!!

I have had plateaus, very frustrating!! I just keep going, there is NO turning back to the old life!!!

I had my band surgery may 27, 2011 and have lost 68lbs as of today It's going slow now I would love to lose another 24lbs. Good luck your doing good.

Glad to hear others are in the same boat as me! It's been one year today I've lost 75 but have only lost about 5 in the last two months :(. Want to lose 30 more

My weight loss was very uneven, but as long as the overall trend was downward, I was happy. My weight loss slowed down considerably towards the end and I've seen that happen to lots of people.

You don't do yourself any favors by comparing your weight loss to theirs. A loss of 37kg in 7 months is fabulous. At an average of 1.3kg (2.9 lbs) a week, it's actually well above the typical rate of loss (average 1-2 lbs/week) with the band.

I lost a lot very quickly (I had lots to lose!) but it has slowed down considerably lately. I put it down to a couple of things - I need to adjust my eating to the fact that my new size can operate perfectly well on fewer calories than before; my body has become fitter and healthier so I need to work harder to burn the same amount of calories. For example, when I started, I could burn an average of 100 calories for every 10 minutes workout. Now it is about half that - frustrating but a good thing because it means I am healthier.

I was banded March 27, 2012 so just over 3 months ago.. I'm at a halfway point of weight lost. 50 gone, 50 to go! I can't wait!

But yeah, plateaus definitely happen. I've been stuck at 195.5 for a little while, but that's okay. It'll happen and I'm not stressing about it because I make the right choices and I'm active. :)

I was banded 4/16/12 and have lost 54lbs. I am one of the larger mammals roaming this site. Us larger folks tend to lose quickly the begining.

i was banded Dec13th, 2011 and ive lost 44 lbs so far. It was 47 but ive gained a few back as my band has loosened a little since ive lost weight. I have my 7th fill scheduled for monday july 16th. My big goal was to have lost 50 lbs by my july 27th birthday. hope fully this fill will help and i will lose 6 lbs by then . ( What a great bday present that will be !)

Band date: 8/10/2011 to now 7/2012 im down 122 lbs!!!!!!!!!!!!

Wow! That is incredible. Congratulations!! Do you have any tips or advice to share that really helped you? So inspiring!!