Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

breast reduction questions

i am thinking of getting a breast reduction. i used to be a 42 DDD. i am now around a 40DD.

although i want my breasts smaller, i do not want them too small. a friend had it done and now her belly actally sticks out a bit more than her breasts.

my question is: have you had a breast reduction? are you happy with the results? will the doc work with you on # of cc's removed?

thanks all!!

My vote is to wait until you have lost all of your weight and see where you are then. If you have one now, you could still lose breast mass through weight loss and thus be smaller than you want to be.

I doubt the doctor would do the surgery at this point, (assuming you tell him upfront about your band). I had a reduction 20 yrs ago and it wasn't that bad. I called the ps Friday, but wasn't sure which doctor I wanted to use, so I didn't make the appt. I want to get the reduction and Tummy Tuck done at the same time, along with the eye lids. Hey, if you're gonna be in pain, may as well make it worth your while, LOL.

I've noticed much more back pain since I lost the weight, not as much fat to hold em up I guess.

CCs? Honey, I had POUNDS removed! :)

I had a breast reduction when I was thin from a 34D to a 34B. They actually turned out a little uneven, and it's very obvious if I'm not wearing a padded bra (the light beams shine in different directions, if you know what I mean).

After I gained weight, they went back up to a 38D, but I've heard that they will go back down when I lose the weight. However, the perkiness was gone after about 3 years. Even if the girls did shrink down again, I think I would need a good lift. And I agree that you should wait...you also might just need a lift instead of a reduction.

Feel free to PM me for gruesome surgery details!

I had a BR about 3 yrs ago. I was a 42 F, now I'm a 40C...use to be a 38C before I gained some weight :). I love the choice I made, although I do believed I was depressed for the first couple of months, when I could see my feet with no problem :think . I felt like a little boy while they were still healing and gradually they dropped to be the perky boobs that I have always wanted :hititbanana: . My friends always say they are jealous. I can freeball it too (no bra) and people can't tell the difference. No man has been about to tell the difference either, sometimes I play the find the line game :) . I don't know if that is standard or not, my PS was a good one. Dr. Antell in Manhattan. There is a really good site for women seeking BR. Its called breast health online. They even have pics.

I had a consult last thursday with a plastic surgeon. I want to have a breast lift, face lift, eyes and the nose done. He said I couldn't have all of it done at one time. I felt like Harleynana said if your going to be in pain get it all done at one time.

I had a consult last thursday with a plastic surgeon. I want to have a breast lift, face lift, eyes and the nose done. He said I couldn't have all of it done at one time. I felt like Harleynana said if your going to be in pain get it all done at one time.

I'm booked in to have a Tummy Tuck, breast reduction and a bit of Lipo on the hips done on April 3rd. My surgeon had originally said the same thing .. they had to be done seperately, because of the amount of pain. I've talked him around to doing it in one go though, luckily. I think he only agreed because my parents are visiting and can help out around the house and such.

hi

i had a breast reduction done about 8 years ago went from a 18DD to a 18C,my surgeon said the smallest he would take me to was a c cup incase afterwards i lost weight and went smaller ,when i put on weight i went up to a 20C but now i am back down to a 16C,there was no pain at all from the op as its mainly fat they are removing all scarring is under the breast and you cant see any around nipple area ,the good thing now that i have lost weight my bust is still ok so i wouldnt need a opp there atall now the tummy thats another matter lol

sandra.........

yes I would definately wait until you reach your goal or near it

I was a 54dd bra one year later I am a 46 B and getting smaller by the day

when I was my right weight for one brief shining moment I was between an a cup and a b so had to buy b cups and take them in by sewing along the cup a small seam. !!

a lot of your bust might be simply fat, so wait and see what happens--you might be wanting to have them made bigger by then ha ha

good luck

thanks for all of your stories....i am out of town right now till the end of march, but my doc office called and said they could schedule for surgery for april 3rd....i have already been approved by the insurance company.

i think i need a bit of time to think about this.....i did not think it would be approved so quickly!!!

thanks again for all your stories...i will probably have more questions later : )

You know how when you stare at something for a long time, then look away you can still see it? I'm seeing bobies! LOL

I'll tell you what, some of the after pictures looked bad. I'd be pissed if I came out with cockeyed boobs or ski jumps. Geesh. I've been looking forward to this but I don't want to look like most of the women in those pics! *rubs eyes* Make it stop! LOL

Susan,

**whisper voice ON** its because of THAT thread, Ive decided to keep my big bazoomba's. **whisper voice OFF**

Did you notice that most of the "before" pictures were not THAT large. Amazing.

Paula.. I did notice that. Maybe they were lifts rather than reductions? Gads, everytime I see that scar up to the nipple and the stitches around it.. *shudders* I think I'll just roll mine up and tuck them into a nice size bra when this is over.

yes, a good surgeon will talk with you about how many cc's you would like removed and then he will tell you if that is realistic. i had mine done in 1998 and it is the best thing i ever did for myself....lapband runs a very close second!