Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Y'all are freaking me out!! lol. I am having my hiatal hernia fixed on Monday. I hope the pain isn't too bad. My original banding wasn't bad for me at all... galbladder was horrible... I was hoping this would fall closer to the "not bad at all" side of the scale.

I had hiatal repair done at surgery and I must say it was pretty rough

My gosh I'll have a hiatal hernia repair and get my band on August 23rd. Do they offer pain meds? I was planning on returning to work the Monday after should I scratch those plans?

I was banded on June 26 and they also repaired a "large" hernia, since I had both procedures at the same time, not sure which one was contributing to what pain region. I have had several laproscopic procedures. The last was a hysterectomy, but the gall bladder was worse by far. I am 10 days post op and am just slightly sore in the belly button area. Everyone heals different, as they tolerate pain. Don't be afraid, if your Dr has said it is necessary then it is. Read my blog for some funny anecdotes. Good Luck and keep me informed.

My gosh I'll have a hiatal hernia repair and get my band on August 23rd. Do they offer pain meds? I was planning on returning to work the Monday after should I scratch those plans?

Just depends on your doctor. Mine gave me a nice liquid pain reliever. It helped me sleep for the first two days. It took me a few days to fill normal again. I think I stopped taking the pain medicine on day 4 or 5.

Thanks, I'll insist on the liquid pain meds.

Had hernia repair as well. Hated life for a few days after surgery. Combination of gas pain and all the other stuff. Got some kind of hydrocodone with acetemetaphin (sp?). Had to have it bumper up to a higher dosage that pharmacy had to order because sublingual tablet not avail in stock.

I too had hiatal hernia which they found during my pre-op work up. I have had terrible gerd for years so I knew something wasn't right (even with meds). There was some pain but it was more pressure in the chest and harder to breathe deep. Took about 8 days to feel better which is when I went back 2 work. I switched from liquid pain meds to liquid tylenol on day 3. Gas pain in the shoulders is the worst part and that has nothing 2 do with hernia. Gas x strips help a little. Good luck all

Y'all are freaking me out!! lol. I am having my hiatal hernia fixed on Monday. I hope the pain isn't too bad. My original banding wasn't bad for me at all... galbladder was horrible... I was hoping this would fall closer to the "not bad at all" side of the scale.

Just be prepared and make sure there is someone to help you get up and down. I will be honest, it was extremely painful and uncomfortable. But I had lots of help which made it easier.

Had a hernia repair at time of surgery amd OMG! it hurts for days and days... Things have improved however I stepped off a curb too fast and I felt like I had been shot!!!

Yes I think we hernia patients take a little longer, I'm post-op 2 weeks tomorrow and I can stretch out and that little thing alone makes me feel better!

Just got banded thurs afternoon(yesterday) & had hiatal hernia I didn't know about before. Spending night at hospital & can't sleep! Guess I slept too much after surgery. Sipping on apple juice & uncomfortable but tolerable

I hope your feeling better!!

I had the hernia "fixed" when I was banded. I had lots of abdominal pain but the hernia didn't cause any outstanding pain. I did notice that for a few days there was a funny kinda feeling...it didn't hurt but it didn't feel good either...kinda like a knot coming untied. After about a week that pain went away and I have been great. The heartburn and reflux are GONE and I feel great. You'll do fine...give it a couple weeks and you'll be great.

I am one day post-op from hiatal hernia and band repositioning. I feel pretty good. I walked off all the gas pain yesterday and today I just ache a little bit. The only "pain" is when I take a deep breath which is more just soreness achiness. I haven't had to take any pain meds, so I am happy. Hate the way they make me feel.

I had the band and hiatial hernia repair done at the same time. I had very minimal post-op pain, and I couldn't tell if the little pain I had was from the band placement, hernia repair, or the gas they use during surgery. I felt like the air pain in the shoulder was worst. That, and my band aggravates my vagal nerve and I get shoulder blade pain after fills.

Ok, i can't take it anymore... Called for a refill of the good stuff. Going to get it on my lunchbreak