Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Starting My Pre-Op Diet Mon/tues...

So, I got all my Protein Shakes, lean cuisines, yogurt, SF everything and Crystal Lite/Propel/Mio plus Energy I need! I just put pretty much cleaned out everything from my shelves & fridge into bags...preparing for tomorrow night! I work nights 6:30pm-6:30am's and so I will start my diet at midnight otherwise, I'd just delay it til Tuesday morning after my shift. I even threw out all my take out menus & coupons and every stash of chocolate I could find...I did have a "last supper" and after watching Extreme Weight Loss and crying as usual, relating to everything said I'm ready to begin this new stage in my life. I won't lie...I'm extremely nervous, anxious, scared a bit...mostly of failure! Since finding this site I've learned soo much and continue to get the information I need. Only we know what it's like to go through this and feel the way we do, I will need ALL the support, advice & motivation I can get! Thank you in advance, Maria

I start my liquid only diet on the 11th, but I'm trying my very best to start cutting back on anything unhealthy already. I will actually be having my favorite meal tomorrow for the last time, and I will enjoy the typical July 4th stuff, then on the 5th, I will start myself on a pre-liquid diet diet.

As you can tell, I'm anxious and excited.

By the way, good move on emptying your shelves and all that. It's something I will be doing as well. Just going to keep healthy things.

Good luck!

I started my pre-op diet today!! Currently having chicken broth...oh yummy!! LOL Actually so far so good, I have had my Protein Drinks, crystal light, sf Jello, and now my broth. I even walked with a co-worker to a sandwich shop on lunch. I can and WILL do this if it kills me!! Good luck to you both!

Started my liquid diet yesterday using "bariatric advantage" a product sold at my dr.'s office. Seems I am on a more restrictive program as all I can have in addition to the shakes is Water, crystal lite, sugar free Jello and sugar free popsicles or other sugar/fat free liquids. My main concern right now is blood sugar levels and insulin usage and testing a lot just to keep from going low.

Started my liquid diet yesterday using "bariatric advantage"

That is the same product that was given to me to use for my week or so of liquid diet. On the other hand, I was not told I could have any sugar free Jello or any crystal light. What I was told was to buy some flavoring at a place like Whole Foods and add it to my shakes so that I'm not stuck with one flavor for an entire week.

Good luck to all on your pre-op liquid diet. Very glad I didn't have to do it. While it was hard to lose the pre-op weight my network required - it taught me so much about changing eating habits that I am actually glad they require it now. It will be a shock to me to do the liquid, puree,soft for 4 weeks post-surgery though & for some of you it will be old hat :) I get banded day after tomorrow - 6 a.m. I go in!!! I'm so excited & nervous!

That is the same product that was given to me to use for my week or so of liquid diet. On the other hand, I was not told I could have any sugar free Jello or any crystal light. What I was told was to buy some flavoring at a place like Whole Foods and add it to my shakes so that I'm not stuck with one flavor for an entire week.

I bought the chocolate and the banana so that I can take them alone or mix the choc/banana. So far the problem I am having is drinking 5 of them a day they just keep me bloated and have trouble with the 5th one yesterday. Hoping I will get hungrier and I can do the 5. My instructions are that I need an additional 48-64 oz liquid each day and I can use sf drinks, no caffeine( Decaf coffee or tea is OK) no carbonated drinks, sf jello, sf popsicles. I guess each Dr has there own routine that they want you to follow.

I did have a "last supper" and after watching Extreme Weight Loss and crying as usual, relating to everything said I'm ready to begin this new stage in my life.

I had to leave in the middle of the show. That was the 28 year old guy who started at 493 right? Do you know how much he ended up losing?

I will need ALL the support, advice & motivation I can get! Thank you in advance, Maria

You got it. This place is a life saver. I found the key to the liquid diet was finding a Protein shake that I could really enjoy. Good luck!!

I had to leave in the middle of the show. That was the 28 year old guy who started at 493 right? Do you know how much he ended up losing?

He was done to 235 I believe, but gained some back and moved to AZ where Chris the host lives and now works out with him & his wife daily and his goal is to get back down to his finale weight.

You got it. This place is a life saver. I found the key to the liquid diet was finding a Protein shake that I could really enjoy. Good luck!!

Thank you soo much, I bought those Premeir Protein shakes from Sam's Club that are 30 grams and they actually taste good so YAY!! lol

1st day was ok but now I'm hungry :(

1st day was ok but now I'm hungry :(

It will get better. Day 2 or 3 you will be less hungry.

Thanks Maria,, The Biggest Loser while it can be inspirational you can see where the show fails. They seem to be so hell bent on getting the weight off the person that they don't consider the real reasons for the weight. Maybe it's just editing but you certainly do not see much education and mental therapy. People should be in support groups to help them or see psychologist. Just my opinion anyway....I still like the show it is inspirational in some ways.