Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

6 Yrs....160 Lbs Less Of Me!

How long out were you before you stopped obsessing about your band?

tmf

How long was i out before i stopped obsessing?? not quite sure what you mean by this?

Yes, thanks for sharing and giving us newbies hope!

We were all newbies at one point, as you progress and learn you will pass on the knowledge to others, I could never stand to see anyone suffer from the stresses concerns they may have and not have anyone to turn to for help or advise

How long was i out before i stopped obsessing?? not quite sure what you mean by this?

I'm only 7 months into this and seems like I spend so much time thinking about what I'm going to eat, what will my band like today, do I need a fill or unfill. At what point did it become natural and second nature?

Don't get me wrong, I'm happy with my results, I just long for a time when I'm not grocery shopping for my band.

tmf

Ah...the dreded grocery shopping ordeal. I would have to say the 1st year was extremely difficult, much of my time was spent playing evil scientist trying to figure out what I can eat being a humugous picky eater... I was never one for going to see surgeon on regular basis due to Dr. Being in Manhattan and me being in the burbs I hate to travel to NYC. But generally I went every three months. My advice is stick with what you ate before but more sensibly. Obviously if steak is what you want switch to ground beef. Just go slow see how it goes down. A trick I learned is drink something hot before you eat it relaxes the esophagus and aides in the flow of food. pizza go for a super thin crust but easy on sauce & cheese, in replacement of bread I eat triscuts, I love Ham, cheese liverwurst all are great on triscuts, just get Ham shaved from deli. ground Turkey is another great alternative. I have discovered crunchy works for me. Sounds stupid but work with what works. Hope that made some sence

Ah...the dreded grocery shopping ordeal. I would have to say the 1st year was extremely difficult, much of my time was spent playing evil scientist trying to figure out what I can eat being a humugous picky eater... I was never one for going to see surgeon on regular basis due to Dr. Being in Manhattan and me being in the burbs I hate to travel to NYC. But generally I went every three months. My advice is stick with what you ate before but more sensibly. Obviously if steak is what you want switch to ground beef. Just go slow see how it goes down. A trick I learned is drink something hot before you eat it relaxes the esophagus and aides in the flow of food. pizza go for a super thin crust but easy on sauce & cheese, in replacement of bread I eat triscuts, I love Ham, cheese liverwurst all are great on triscuts, just get Ham shaved from deli. ground Turkey is another great alternative. I have discovered crunchy works for me. Sounds stupid but work with what works. Hope that made some sence

Fortunately I'm not a picky eater and I'm already doing much of what you suggest so sounds like I'm doing it right. Thanks and at 6' 4" 385 lbs, did you ever consider playing offensive lineman for the Giants? You were one big dude!

tmf

LOL i actually did play for a short stint after my surgery I played arena ball. But high school ball injuries swollowed my NFL hopes. Well then keep it up you'll do it i promise you it gets eaiser as you go you'll find yourself finding eating to be more a task that a treat. I often still have to fight myself to eat something. i will admit i eat small amounts periodicly thru out the day of snack foods a handful hear and there. Maybe also the fact that i am a mcook also helps in my not eating, as strange as it sounds i personaly find myself not hungry when i cook so focused on making sure it tatses its best may have something to do with it, whatever it is i'm sticking with it. Good Luck and feel free to message me if i can be of any help in future my friend!

Steve

I loved arena football. You guys had the hottest cheerleaders :rolleyes:

I do hear that athletes sometimes have a difficult time re-adjusting their food consumption from thousands of calories a day to something more reasonable. OK, you're now one of my new idols on this forum. Thanks for the input.

tmf

I wish we had cheerleedres! I played for the Card Sharks out of Atlantic City NJ. Idol... I don't know if i'm idol material but thanks for the ego boost LOL. seriously i'm not a Idol just a guy who knows how hard it is to be heavy most of their life unhappy, unhealthy. you hit you half way point be proud of yourself! Bro if i could only tell you how hard it was not devouring a bucket of chicken 3 triple cheese burgers and still be looking for more.... now if i look at that amount of food i want to hurl!! I would rather like to be considered a mentor rasther than role model lets leave that for those more worthy of that title.

Steve,

I'm sure you understand that you give hope to those who are in bandster hell. You've accomplished a great feat. I've never ever believed my surgeon who told me I should be happy just losing 50 of 100 pounds I need to lose. I told him that I'd have to prove him wrong, because his belief is simply negative thinking.

Steve,

I'm sure you understand that you give hope to those who are in bandster hell. You've accomplished a great feat. I've never ever believed my surgeon who told me I should be happy just losing 50 of 100 pounds I need to lose. I told him that I'd have to prove him wrong, because his belief is simply negative thinking.

Hi Difa I do understand, I have and you will as well. Good for you Never settle for something your not happy with no matter what it is in life. Remember one thing Opinions are like A-Holes everybody has one and everybodys stinks at some point in time. so better left unsaid. Hope you chose someone else for post op fills souns like you got a real winner on your hands.

Awesome job!

WOW ! Thank you for sharing !