Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Can You See Your Port?

I'm wondering I'm 5 days post op I can see a bump where my port is if I put a shirt I can still see it is that normal will the swelling go down?or will I have a bump for ever I'm sure people would wonder what the hell is wrong with my stomach it looks like I have a cyst, please tell me is normal and it will go down

Probably just the swelling. I cant see mine at all and Im 8 months pregnant. The thinner you get the easier it is to feel but you will probably never see it.

I can't see mine at all, however many people on this forum co plain that theirs is visible.

I'm wondering I'm 5 days post op I can see a bump where my port is if I put a shirt I can still see it is that normal will the swelling go down?or will I have a bump for ever I'm sure people would wonder what the hell is wrong with my stomach it looks like I have a cyst, please tell me is normal and it will go down

it will go down well. you have muscle swelling on that site from the surgery and that will be hard and possible risen for a while. ive always had that happen on my surgery sites. my port area isnt noticeable at all now. im just over 3 months post op.

I had to hunt for mine after surgery.

I am two months out and now it is right there, it does stick out some.

I'm 16 days post op and when I lay down mine sticks out or protrudes up and I'm wondering if it will always do this? I also can feel mine there like a hardness, I think I'm still swollen there. I'm anxious to ask my surgeon this next week when I go back for a post op visit. Standing up mine kind of sticks out too so I was wondering the same thing. Thanks for posting and asking and everyone responding.

Having never carried an awful lot of my weight on my stomach mine was visible from very early on. I started at a bmi of 36. By the time Id hit 30 it was a very obvious lump and at 20 it looked like a walnut under my skin. I had it moved and as there is no low profile port for my seven year old band, the doc yook the bavk of it to lower its profile.

Now its right by my bellybutton in that natural pad of fat instead of in the hollow below my ribs. Its still visible as a slight mound that just throws my bellybutton a little off centre but it waaaay better than the big knobbly lump it was, i could even see and feel tubing.

You will probably see and feel it permanently to some degree, you cant have something tht size and shape on your abdomen just under the skin if you are of normal weight and not see/ feel it! But placement and profile make a difference.

Having never carried an awful lot of my weight on my stomach mine was visible from very early on. I started at a bmi of 36. By the time Id hit 30 it was a very obvious lump and at 20 it looked like a walnut under my skin. I had it moved and as there is no low profile port for my seven year old band' date=' the doc yook the bavk of it to lower its profile.

Now its right by my bellybutton in that natural pad of fat instead of in the hollow below my ribs. Its still visible as a slight mound that just throws my bellybutton a little off centre but it waaaay better than the big knobbly lump it was, i could even see and feel tubing.

You will probably see and feel it permanently to some degree, you cant have something tht size and shape on your abdomen just under the skin if you are of normal weight and not see/ feel it! But placement and profile make a difference.[/quote']

Yes me too I started with a low BMi and it protrudes out of my belly an has since day one. In fact my Doc mentioned having to replace my port with a smaller one. I'm use to it now but need to be careful sitting at my work desk because if I lean the wrong way and hit my port I see stars!

Thank you all for your input it helps to know I'm not the only one, and great for the ones that theirs are hidden my BMI is also low I'm seeing my Dr for my first PO visit on Monday, on a lighter note 20 lbs down :)

Thank you all for your input it helps to know I'm not the only one' date=' and great for the ones that theirs are hidden my BMI is also low I'm seeing my Dr for my first PO visit on Monday, on a lighter note 20 lbs down :)[/quote']

YEAH!!

I can feel mine and see a small lump, but it is not noticeable to anyone else!

Because it on the outside of your abdominal wll, just under the skin, it needs to be easily accessed with a needle. If they put it inside your abdomen they wouldnt be able to get to it.